Topic Wiki

I created an account to say this

I am a survivor of abuse

I tried to type up a longer, more detailed post but it got too hard. The bottom line is the following

There's no such thing as universal feelings, reactions, desires, needs that all victims share. Each one is an individual who suffered alone and carries the unique scars that stay with them and each one will react to future situations in life in their own way.

Therefore, there is no single response to abuse that will leave all victims feeling safe, secure, validated, supported, closure and everything else all the well meaning people here want to give them.

However, I think there is a single response that would leave all victims feeling further pain and trauma and that is "It can't be."

Rabbi Shimon Russell - How to Safeguard and Protect our Children

https://youtu.be/fefqSvXf0JI

« Last edited by Yehuda57 on January 12, 2022, 05:44:00 PM »

Author Topic: Chaim Walder dies  (Read 127271 times)

Offline Pony

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chaim Walder dies
« Reply #1360 on: November 20, 2022, 07:42:06 AM »
Probably not. That’s why there should be clear policies that are communicated to the client. It can start with a clear disclosure form. What steps are taken to safeguard my information?  Are technicians and other employees with access vetted? Is there a log anytime someone’s device is accessed, and a means to detect suspicious patterns of activity? What does TAG/ Meshimer/ etc. do with my info;who can see the information? Can the school of other outside organization see client filter levels, requests for access, phone usage etc? Can any outside entity change my filter level without my knowledge?

We don’t know that the individual above accessed any client info whatsoever in his capacity at TAG, but the ease with which he could have has got to be a concern.

All good points. Maybe also have cameras by each desk to monitor the technician.

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 20, 2022, 08:10:53 AM »
None of that would help if the guy is the actual director of the organization in the city.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 20, 2022, 08:19:40 AM »
We have to do everything we can to protect ourselves, but at the end of the day, we still need the Mercy of G-d.

Some people like to feel like they are safe. They took every possible measure, and now they are invincible. G-d likes to remind us from time to time that we are still in His hands, regardless of how we convinced ourselves otherwise.

Reminds me of the famous moshel from Rav Shalom Schwadron: a crossing guard shows up at a busy Bnei Brak interesting and directs traffic for hours every day. But he doesn't realize that there is a traffic light above his head. He lets cars go when it's green, and he stops them when it's red. He thinks everyone is going because he directed them to go. But he doesn't realize that everyone is laughing at him, because he thinks he's directing traffic when in truth everyone is just following the traffic light above him... We are the same we. We think we are getting stuff done. But in truth, it's Hashem Who is doing everything, while we convince ourselves that we are in control.

Online yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 20, 2022, 08:21:01 AM »
None of that would help if the guy is the actual director of the organization in the city.
Unless there is more than one person at the head each with full access

Offline jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 20, 2022, 08:57:22 AM »
Unless there is more than one person at the head each with full access
One other person in the organization with each having full access to the others activity would make sense. Doesn’t have to be two directors.

Online Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: November 20, 2022, 09:46:43 AM »

Offline Shmobaum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE, Hertz Presidential, Marriott Gold Elite, Daf Yomi Presidential Platinum Premier
« Reply #1366 on: November 20, 2022, 12:15:04 PM »
ערבך ערבא צריך