Author Topic: Crown Heights 2nd Covid-19 wave (Omicron?)  (Read 6866 times)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Crown Heights 2nd Covid-19 wave (Omicron?)
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2022, 12:03:46 AM »
And on that note, we have been hearing since March 2020 that every time there's a new wave that it's nothing like the OG wave and it's not real COVID. And yet, people keep on dropping dead. So I pray that pundits are finally right this time, but sorry if I'm skeptical that this is all over now.
@PlatinumGuy and myself are not pundits. Just hopeful that we might be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We just hope it's not from a train barreling straight towards us. ;)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2022, 12:04:51 AM »
@PlatinumGuy and myself are not pundits. Just hopeful that we might be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We just hope it's not from a train barreling straight towards us. ;)

I don’t think PlatinumGuy and 1f2f are on the same page here, even if there appear to be some vague similarities if you crook your head just so…
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2022, 12:06:27 AM »
I don’t think PlatinumGuy and 1f2f are on the same page here, even if there are some vague similarities…
No, of course not. I thought Dan was referring to the chance of this being the last big wave and hopefully no more dangerous variants.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2022, 12:08:06 AM »
No, of course not. I thought Dan was referring to the chance of this being the last big wave and hopefully no more dangerous variants.

Hopeful, yes, but still practical and very cautiously optimistic.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2022, 12:10:44 AM »
I'm hopeful as well and it's a nice hypothesis that we all pray turns out to be correct. But at this point it's just that, a nice hypothesis.

Either way, the comment was directed to 1f2f and those convinced that this isn't COVID or COVID is over, etc.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2022, 12:19:53 AM »
What does “everyone makes their own choices” mean for seniors? At this point going to shul with two masks might still mean they’re risking their lives. Should they stay shuttered at home for as long as it takes because that’s the only safe choice for them to make?

They're either doing that now (RYL for example hasn't left his house since the start of COVID-19 IINM), or they're not. I don't see how mandates make a difference. I actually think that if you leave it to people's choices and provide compelling evidence that vaccines provide protection from severe disease, you might get more people to vaccinate.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2022, 12:21:59 AM »
They're either doing that now (RYL for example hasn't left his house since the start of COVID-19 IINM), or they're not. I don't see how mandates make a difference. I actually think that if you leave it to people's choices and provide compelling evidence that vaccines provide protection from severe disease, you might get more people to vaccinate.

Not sure I can decipher who RYL is…

Why are mandates contradictory to providing compelling evidence? (though I personally think neither of those will work)

Offline Onefishtwofish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2022, 06:09:22 AM »
I'm hopeful as well and it's a nice hypothesis that we all pray turns out to be correct. But at this point it's just that, a nice hypothesis.

Either way, the comment was directed to 1f2f and those convinced that this isn't COVID or COVID is over, etc.

I can't talk for anyone out of CH.
The attitude in ch and especially Dr Rosens office with this new strain (at feels like the rew flu) is a joke. Whether or not the pcr come back positive it is very obvious who has it.

Even those who got vaccinated are getting hit. We can all agree that (you're welcome to argue) that from a simple view if even previous infection and or being vaccinated is not enough.

And yes there seems to be positive information coming from around the world.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2022, 07:20:49 AM »
I think I know who you are referring to - RYL- if I am correct. He has corona now. His wife doesn't and she went to stay with a son in Westchester till hes over it
Heard from a grandson

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2022, 07:23:08 AM »
I can't talk for anyone out of CH.
The attitude in ch and especially Dr Rosens office with this new strain (at feels like the rew flu) is a joke. Whether or not the pcr come back positive it is very obvious who has it.

Even those who got vaccinated are getting hit. We can all agree that (you're welcome to argue) that from a simple view if even previous infection and or being vaccinated is not enough.

And yes there seems to be positive information coming from around the world.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg

My son tested positive about a week ago, a few other kids were not feeling well but didn't test. I am BH feeling fine, went on Friday to Dr. Rose's office to check my antibody level. Came back at > 2,500 (test upper threshold).
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2022, 07:56:50 AM »
My son tested positive about a week ago, a few other kids were not feeling well but didn't test. I am BH feeling fine, went on Friday to Dr. Rose's office to check my antibody level. Came back at > 2,500 (test upper threshold).

אל תבטחו באנטיבודיס

2500+ Result in October did nothing to prevent me from getting infected.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2022, 12:56:15 PM »
אל תבטחו באנטיבודיס

2500+ Result in October did nothing to prevent me from getting infected.
Antibodies don't mean you won't get infected. But did you have severe symptoms? How did they compare to COVID round 1?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2022, 01:10:32 PM »
Antibodies don't mean you won't get infected. But did you have severe symptoms? How did they compare to COVID round 1?
That can also be the nature of the current dominant variant
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2022, 01:31:20 PM »

Different symptoms, this time was post-vax and felt quicker and less severe, but also different symptoms.

I was writing to ExG who’s hoping to avoid infection Bez”h (for reasons specified upthread), and all i’m telling him is that antibodies aren’t the end-all in that regard.

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2022, 09:57:02 AM »
I most likely have it.

I did not bother getting tested as symptoms pretty much match omicron.

Almost done with it.

Symptoms. Dry cough, nasal congestion, some body aching.

Spoke with a few friends over shabbos in CH who said they had similar symptoms. My wife did not catch it - not sure why.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2022, 10:47:46 AM »
Spoke with a few friends over shabbos in CH who said they had similar symptoms. My wife did not catch it - not sure why.

Are you recovered? BH

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2022, 11:04:24 AM »
Different symptoms, this time was post-vax and felt quicker and less severe, but also different symptoms.

I was writing to ExG who’s hoping to avoid infection Bez”h (for reasons specified upthread), and all i’m telling him is that antibodies aren’t the end-all in that regard.

כל הבורח מן הקוביד, הקוביד רודף אחריו.

I have no fear whatsoever of COVID-19. Right now I just don't want to be sick with anything, as I know that having to daven at the omud even with a cold is far from being fun.

The Gabbay at the shul where I daven Shachris announced (jokingly) that anyone who doesn't have COVID can't come to shul.

On another note, I can't get over the hypocrasy. I just saw a video clip of Bennet visiting Sheba and stating that antibody levels rise five fold after jab #4. So if antibody levels is something we look at, why not be fair and allow everyone to be evaluated as to whether they should take another shot depending on antibody levels.

Also, 2,500+ antibody level might not mean that much. There are various tests, and that test checks only for Spike Protein, not for Nucleus Proteins. As mentioned in various places, I got high results on various tests.
-- Dan

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2022, 11:41:17 AM »
כל הבורח מן הקוביד, הקוביד רודף אחריו.

I have no fear whatsoever of COVID-19. Right now I just don't want to be sick with anything, as I know that having to daven at the omud even with a cold is far from being fun.

The Gabbay at the shul where I daven Shachris announced (jokingly) that anyone who doesn't have COVID can't come to shul.

On another note, I can't get over the hypocrasy. I just saw a video clip of Bennet visiting Sheba and stating that antibody levels rise five fold after jab #4. So if antibody levels is something we look at, why not be fair and allow everyone to be evaluated as to whether they should take another shot depending on antibody levels.

+1000 This is something I can't quite wrap my brain around either. The "party line" is we can't consider previous infection and documented antibodies since we don't know what levels are safe etc. etc., so instead you need to take 3 (4? 5?) shots because..... we can show they increase your antibodies  :o ???

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2022, 12:49:06 PM »
+1000 This is something I can't quite wrap my brain around either. The "party line" is we can't consider previous infection and documented antibodies since we don't know what levels are safe etc. etc., so instead you need to take 3 (4? 5?) shots because..... we can show they increase your antibodies  :o ???

I guess you've missed the message about common sense and logic being the two first fatalities due to COVID-19.

COVID-19 is the opioid of the Power Hungry! They're not giving up on it so fast.
-- Dan

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2022, 02:50:44 PM »
in all the years he's been practicing medicine he might have lost 4 or 5 patients to the flu, while he lost 42 to covid-19, and has many suffering from long-term effects.
How many of those 42 were > 18 months ago?