Poll

One year in, what do you think actually happened that day?

A. False-flag operation by the "deep state" to take down Trump
2 (10%)
B. Maybe not a coordinated false-flag, but most of the agitators seem to be feds
3 (15%)
C. Preplanned insurrection by right-wing extremists
2 (10%)
D. Spontaneus riot motivated by Trump's call for violence
5 (25%)
E. Both C&D
6 (30%)
F. An attempt to overturn the fair and legal election of a US President
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: January 13, 2022, 12:48:51 AM

Author Topic: 1/6 Fedsurrection?  (Read 36093 times)

Offline R.A.T.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 1/6 Fedsurrection?
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2022, 04:24:02 PM »
So when someone says they heard a story which is obviously not true,
You are slanting everything one way.
It remains to be seen if her story (or what part) is true. An objective person would have an open mind at this point.

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2022, 04:25:54 PM »
if true

Two small words that are doing a lot of work here...

The fact that it does not seem that there were any such people walking around with guns suggested to me that her testimony is not true.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2022, 04:27:35 PM »
You are slanting everything one way.
It remains to be seen if her story (or what part) is true. An objective person would have an open mind at this point.

There is such a thing as being so open minded that your brain falls out.

Given the committee's complete lack of credibility, an objective person would not believe them if they said it was raining outside.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2022, 04:36:22 PM »
Is there any video of these people she is alleging to have been openly carrying rifles?

Were any of these people arrested or charged with carrying a gun publicly? Carrying a rifle or shotgun in public is illegal in DC.
Some quotes from the hearings.  The video did show a shot of the man in the tree, but hard (for me) to figure out details.

CHENEY: ...The Select Committee has learned that people who willingly entered the enclosed area for President Trump's speech were screened so they could attend the rally at the Ellipse.

They had weapons and other items that were confiscated: pepper spray, knives, brass knuckles, tasers, body armor, gas masks, batons, blunt weapons. And those were just from the people who chose to go through the security for the President's event on the Ellipse, not the several thousand members of the crowd who refused to go through the mags and watched from the lawn near the Washington Monument.

The Select Committee has learned about reports from outside the magnetometers, and has obtained police radio transmissions identifying individuals with firearms, including AR-15s, near the Ellipse on the morning of January 6th. Let's listen. [Begin videotape]

UNKNOWN: There's an individual who is in a tree. It's gonna be a white male, about six feet tall, thin build, brown cowboy boots. He's got jeans and a blue jean jacket, and underneath the hoodie jacket the complainants both saw stock of an AR-15. He's going to be with a group of individuals, about 5 to 8 — 5 to 8 other individuals.

Two of the individuals in that group at the base of the tree near the porta-pottys were wearing green fatigues, green olive dress house fatigues. About 5'8", 5'9", skinny — skinny white males, brown cowboy boots.

UNKNOWN: They had Glock style pistols in their waistband. 8736-- That subject's weapon on his right hip. That's a negative, he's in the tree. Motor one, make sure PPD knows they have an elevated threat in the tree south side of Constitution Avenue. Look for the Don't Tread on Me flag, American flag facemask, cowboy boots, weapon on the right — right side hip. I got three men walking down the street in fatigues.

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: I recall Tony and I having a conversation with Mark probably around 10 a.m., 10:15 a.m. where I remember Tony mentioning knives, guns in the form of pistols and rifles, bear spray, body armor, spears, and flagpoles. Spears were one item, flagpoles were one item. But then Tony had related to me something to the effect of and these effing people are fastening spears onto the ends of flagpoles.

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON:...But when we were in the offstage announce tent, I was part of a conversation — I was in — I was in the vicinity of a conversation where I overheard the President say something to the effect of, you know, I - - I don't effing care that they have weapons.

They're not here to hurt me. Take that effing mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in. Take the effing mags away.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2022, 04:42:24 PM »

The Select Committee has learned about reports from outside the magnetometers, and has obtained police radio transmissions identifying individuals with firearms, including AR-15s, near the Ellipse on the morning of January 6th. Let's listen. [Begin videotape]

UNKNOWN: There's an individual who is in a tree. It's gonna be a white male, about six feet tall, thin build, brown cowboy boots. He's got jeans and a blue jean jacket, and underneath the hoodie jacket the complainants both saw stock of an AR-15. He's going to be with a group of individuals, about 5 to 8 — 5 to 8 other individuals.

Two of the individuals in that group at the base of the tree near the porta-pottys were wearing green fatigues, green olive dress house fatigues. About 5'8", 5'9", skinny — skinny white males, brown cowboy boots.

UNKNOWN: They had Glock style pistols in their waistband. 8736-- That subject's weapon on his right hip. That's a negative, he's in the tree. Motor one, make sure PPD knows they have an elevated threat in the tree south side of Constitution Avenue. Look for the Don't Tread on Me flag, American flag facemask, cowboy boots, weapon on the right — right side hip. I got three men walking down the street in fatigues.

I am trying to wrap my head around this. There were reports of people in trees with AR-15s and the Secret Service let the POTUS speak at a nearby rally? Heads should roll!
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2022, 04:44:10 PM »
Has anyone that was present (besides the president) disputed this testimony?
He disputed the testimony? All I saw (granted I am not on TS) was some ad hominem.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2022, 04:49:04 PM »
I am trying to wrap my head around this. There were reports of people in trees with AR-15s and the Secret Service let the POTUS speak at a nearby rally? Heads should roll!
Cheney references police reports from "the morning" and Trump spoke at noon, so perhaps the police had removed the weapons in the interim. 

Offline R.A.T.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2022, 04:49:27 PM »
Given the committee's complete lack of credibility,
Again your one-sided view. It is also the minority view at this time.
Was Rusty Bowers testimony credible? Was Bill Barr's testimony credible?

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2022, 04:50:02 PM »

She testified to what she was told and not what actually happened as she was not present for the episode. Do you understand the difference or even care?

Your TDS is on full power right now

I was told that trump was doing donuts on the white house lawn after he manhandled a few secret service agents and threw them out of the car.

Offline R.A.T.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2022, 04:53:42 PM »

Your TDS is on full power right now

I was told that trump was doing donuts on the white house lawn after he manhandled a few secret service agents and threw them out of the car.
Do you realize that most of what she was told has been shown to be true?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2022, 05:04:55 PM »
Cheney references police reports from "the morning" and Trump spoke at noon, so perhaps the police had removed the weapons in the interim. 
So then wouldn't they be irrelevant to the testimony?

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2022, 06:13:32 PM »
So then wouldn't they be irrelevant to the testimony?
It would be irrelevant, if this were an accusation of secret service failure to protect the prez. Which it's not.

But it's relevant because they're trying to determine whether Trump knew that the rally could turn violent, and this testimony shows that he and his advisors had been informed of a large number of people who had brought weapons. 

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2022, 06:19:23 PM »
It would be irrelevant, if this were an accusation of secret service failure to protect the prez. Which it's not.

But it's relevant because they're trying to determine whether Trump knew that the rally could turn violent, and this testimony shows that he and his advisors had been informed of a large number of people who had brought weapons. 
And were removed to the satisfaction of the secret service?

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2022, 06:44:23 PM »
And were removed to the satisfaction of the secret service?
Why do you think the secret service is relevant here?  They're tasked with protecting the president, and that's not what the committee is investigating. 

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2022, 06:45:17 PM »
It may be true that Trump tried to grab the wheel. It is definitely not out of character. Even so, to tout her as a star witness when there are quick denials by others involved speaks to the credibility of the committee.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2022, 06:47:05 PM »
Why do you think the secret service is relevant here?  They're tasked with protecting the president, and that's not what the committee is investigating. 

I am trying to figure out how to reconcile the way they presented the guns as relevant to the riot at the capital yet irrelevant enough that the SS was fine with POTUS going there.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2022, 06:55:56 PM »
I am trying to figure out how to reconcile the way they presented the guns as relevant to the riot at the capital yet irrelevant enough that the SS was fine with POTUS going there.
I don't know if the SS was fine with it or not.  But that's not what they're addressing, so we can't expect to get an answer about that from this committee.

They're investigating whether he knew that the mob had brought weapons, and the testimony indicates that he did.  He also knew that some people had maintained a distance from the podium because they didn't want to give up their weapons.  He requested that the SS allow them in (turn off the metal detectors) because, as he said, "They're not here to hurt me."  Who did he think would be hurt by those weapons?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 29, 2022, 07:15:04 PM »
I don't know if the SS was fine with it or not.  But that's not what they're addressing, so we can't expect to get an answer about that from this committee.

They're investigating whether he knew that the mob had brought weapons, and the testimony indicates that he did.  He also knew that some people had maintained a distance from the podium because they didn't want to give up their weapons.  He requested that the SS allow them in (turn off the metal detectors) because, as he said, "They're not here to hurt me."  Who did he think would be hurt by those weapons?
The re[ports of knives etc makes much more sense and is equally damning of Trump. The AR15  part just makes no sense to me.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2022, 07:46:31 PM »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Sam 77

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 29, 2022, 09:07:45 PM »
LOL Hutchinson worked for trump after he left his presidency from January till April in Washington.