Poll

One year in, what do you think actually happened that day?

A. False-flag operation by the "deep state" to take down Trump
2 (10%)
B. Maybe not a coordinated false-flag, but most of the agitators seem to be feds
3 (15%)
C. Preplanned insurrection by right-wing extremists
2 (10%)
D. Spontaneus riot motivated by Trump's call for violence
5 (25%)
E. Both C&D
6 (30%)
F. An attempt to overturn the fair and legal election of a US President
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: January 13, 2022, 12:48:51 AM

Author Topic: 1/6 Fedsurrection?  (Read 33549 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: 1/6 Fedsurrection?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 10:40:46 AM »
It's in guarantine

Gone, gobbled by a giant green gremlin

Or

Q: what do you think about the Capitol event on 1/6/21?
A: Great
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 10:43:45 AM »
Trump had nothing to do with it...
So for over a year now he has been 24/7 trying to get it overturned. This is way past being a baby about losing.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 10:50:58 AM »
Perhaps by a few crazies, and  another bunch of curious onlookers. Trump had nothing to do with it other than him liking controversy and being a baby about losing the election.

It wasn’t even remotely Belarus, Myanmar, or Kazakhstan.

Like I said in my post, it's a question of degree. There are a bunch of people who were arrested whose text messages clearly show this was a planned event with a very real goal. So sure, it ain't Belarus, but why does that have to be your bar? Contrasting the minimization of a very real attempt to do a pretty bad thing, no matter how incompetent or crazy the perpetrators were, to your claim of leftist hyperbole, doesn't seem very honest.

And to say Trump had nothing to do with it? That's like the class bully who towers over his victim miming punches an inch away from the kid's face and then crying "But I didn't even touch him!" to the teacher.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 10:55:54 AM »
So for over a year now he has been 24/7 trying to get it overturned. This is way past being a baby about losing.

He’s being a baby, still fighting when he knows there’s no chance it’ll be overturned
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 11:01:11 AM »
Like I said in my post, it's a question of degree. There are a bunch of people who were arrested whose text messages clearly show this was a planned event with a very real goal. So sure, it ain't Belarus, but why does that have to be your bar? Contrasting the minimization of a very real attempt to do a pretty bad thing, no matter how incompetent or crazy the perpetrators were, to your claim of leftist hyperbole, doesn't seem very honest.

And to say Trump had nothing to do with it? That's like the class bully who towers over his victim miming punches an inch away from the kid's face and then crying "But I didn't even touch him!" to the teacher.

The media is making it out to be much more than it was, that’s hyperbole, what’s dishonest about that?

There are a lot of crazy people who try crazy things every day, but they don’t have the resources and organizational skills to pull it off, so you don’t hear about it. We only know about the “successfully” ones, like the assassins who actually shot presidents, the Unibomber, etc.

The only reason we still remember these fools who had 0 chance of success (because even in Belarus, Myanmar and Kazakhstan it isn’t a given that these efforts will succeed, and they have a gazillion times the resources and organization as the 1/6 crowd) is because the media has made sure of the fact because it suits their political agenda.

You wanna prosecute them to deter others from trying, be my guest, but let’s get it over with.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 11:01:27 AM »
He’s being a baby, still fighting when he knows there’s no chance it’ll be overturned
So we have a riot at the capital, people died, and this was all just a game?
You can still say he had nothing to do with it?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 11:07:09 AM »
The media is making it out to be much more than it was, that’s hyperbole, what’s dishonest about that?
Maybe the dishonest part is you trying to make this out as basically nothing?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »
He hasn't got many things right so far, but he is spot on with this one.

"The former president's supporters are trying to rewrite history. They want you to see election day as the day of insurrection, and the riots that took place as a true expression of the will of the people," Biden added. "Can you think of a more twisted way to look at this country? To look at America?"

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 11:12:24 AM »
So we have a riot at the capital, people died, and this was all just a game?
You can still say he had nothing to do with it?

Crazies kill people every day. It’s not a joke but also not what it’s being made out to be.

Trump had nothing to do with what they’re making it out to be.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 11:12:57 AM »
Maybe the dishonest part is you trying to make this out as basically nothing?

I’m not, I’m pushing back against the media’s hyperbole.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2022, 11:14:58 AM »
I’m not, I’m pushing back against the media’s hyperbole.
When you say the most powerful person in the country rhetoric had nothing to do with it, you sure are.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 11:18:19 AM »
Trump had nothing to do with what they’re making it out to be.
Here is what I make it out to be. Thousands of Trumps supports marched on the capital causing a riot. Their goal was to stop the certification of the election. Do I have the facts wrong?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2022, 11:20:55 AM »

Because in the same breath as calling it hyperbole on one side, you are massively minimizing what actually happened, as well as the president of the United State's culpability.

There are a lot of crazy people who try crazy things every day, but they don’t have the resources and organizational skills to pull it off, so you don’t hear about it. We only know about the “successfully” ones, like the assassins who actually shot presidents, the Unibomber, etc.

The only reason we still remember these fools who had 0 chance of success (because even in Belarus, Myanmar and Kazakhstan it isn’t a given that these efforts will succeed, and they have a gazillion times the resources and organization as the 1/6 crowd) is because the media has made sure of the fact because it suits their political agenda.

There was a group (groups?) who planned to violently take over Congress and stop the certification. They weren't successful in the end goal, but they did succeed in violently breaching security, and we came within minutes (seconds) of perhaps having the vice president killed to achieve that goal. You are minimizing how much success they actually had. Our country's most high-ranking lawmakers were in hiding, under very real threat, and they had their offices ransacked.

Of course, most of the crowd that entered the Capital had no such violent intentions, but some did, and not sufficiently acknowledging that is just as distorted as media hyperbole.

And Trump was the president. Being a baby isn't an excuse. His incessant rhetoric was what provoked those people to plan the attempt. He didn't even try to stop it when many of his trusted supporters were begging him to. If you want to accuse the left or the media (redundant, I know) of exaggeration, that's understandable, but you're doing the same thing exaggerating the other way.

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2022, 11:23:54 AM »
Trump had nothing to do with it other than him liking controversy and being a baby about losing the election.

I think AsherO is very very wrong.  :P

"At noon, Trump begins speaking to his supporters at a rally near the White House.

""We will never give up. We will never concede," Trump tells the cheering crowd.

"He calls on Vice President Mike Pence — as the president of the Senate — to reject Biden's win and send the votes back to the states.

""Mike Pence, I hope you're going to stand up for the good of our Constitution and for the good of our country," Trump says. "And if you're not, I'm going to be very disappointed in you."

"And even before Trump ends his speech, crowds from his rally start to gather outside the U.S. Capitol."

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/05/1069977469/a-timeline-of-how-the-jan-6-attack-unfolded-including-who-said-what-and-when

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2022, 11:24:59 AM »
I have a feeling that won't be his new signature.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2022, 11:39:13 AM »

"At noon, Trump begins speaking to his supporters at a rally near the White House.

""We will never give up. We will never concede," Trump tells the cheering crowd.

"He calls on Vice President Mike Pence — as the president of the Senate — to reject Biden's win and send the votes back to the states.

""Mike Pence, I hope you're going to stand up for the good of our Constitution and for the good of our country," Trump says. "And if you're not, I'm going to be very disappointed in you."

"And even before Trump ends his speech, crowds from his rally start to gather outside the U.S. Capitol."

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/05/1069977469/a-timeline-of-how-the-jan-6-attack-unfolded-including-who-said-what-and-when

But take the “insurrection” out of the equation, baby Trump hasn’t given up, even though the “insurrecters” who this thread is trying to paint out as co-conspirators in this Trump plan have long given up.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2022, 11:41:42 AM »
Because in the same breath as calling it hyperbole on one side, you are massively minimizing what actually happened, as well as the president of the United State's culpability.

There was a group (groups?) who planned to violently take over Congress and stop the certification. They weren't successful in the end goal, but they did succeed in violently breaching security, and we came within minutes (seconds) of perhaps having the vice president killed to achieve that goal. You are minimizing how much success they actually had. Our country's most high-ranking lawmakers were in hiding, under very real threat, and they had their offices ransacked.

Of course, most of the crowd that entered the Capital had no such violent intentions, but some did, and not sufficiently acknowledging that is just as distorted as media hyperbole.

And Trump was the president. Being a baby isn't an excuse. His incessant rhetoric was what provoked those people to plan the attempt. He didn't even try to stop it when many of his trusted supporters were begging him to. If you want to accuse the left or the media (redundant, I know) of exaggeration, that's understandable, but you're doing the same thing exaggerating the other way.

I did and do acknowledge that some crazies had violent intention, but to lump the “thousands” of what I see as effective onlookers in with them, is outright hyperbole and paints a very different picture.

Legally they might be accomplices and should then be held accountable as well, but the media’s narrative is far from supported by the facts/reality.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2022, 11:44:03 AM »
I’m gonna bow out of this thread because I answered the OPs question, and am not going to get into having my (perhaps naive and uninformed) impression of the situation torn apart.

As a nation we need to heal, and the media has a much bigger role in both our disease and the potential for our healing (which is starting to look like a pipe dream) than anyone who came to the Capitol on 1/6/2021

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2022, 11:44:47 AM »
I still remember the day January 20, 2017 when violent protesters were trying to stop the inauguration of an elected president.
That was a really dangerous time for democracy in our country

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2022, 11:45:35 AM »
I did and do acknowledge that some crazies had violent intention, but to lump the “thousands” of what I see as effective onlookers in with them, is outright hyperbole and paints a very different picture.

Legally they might be accomplices and should then be held accountable as well, but the media’s narrative is far from supported by the facts/reality.

The only one who lumped thousands into anything in this thread is you.