Poll

One year in, what do you think actually happened that day?

A. False-flag operation by the "deep state" to take down Trump
2 (10%)
B. Maybe not a coordinated false-flag, but most of the agitators seem to be feds
3 (15%)
C. Preplanned insurrection by right-wing extremists
2 (10%)
D. Spontaneus riot motivated by Trump's call for violence
5 (25%)
E. Both C&D
6 (30%)
F. An attempt to overturn the fair and legal election of a US President
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: January 13, 2022, 12:48:51 AM

Author Topic: 1/6 Fedsurrection?  (Read 33824 times)

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 1/6 Fedsurrection?
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2022, 11:50:36 AM »
This is all the media cares about now, the dreaded J6. Think about it

That's all they have, nothing else is going for Biden, failure after failure. He has no accomplishments yet.

You think people care about J6 when bidenflation is happening and have Bill's to pay

They can only milk this for so long. Once Republicans take over the house next year, bye bye j6 commission.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2022, 11:56:53 AM »
The only one who lumped thousands into anything in this thread is you.

Now who here isn’t being intellectually honest?

Here is what I make it out to be. Thousands of Trumps supports marched on the capital causing a riot. Their goal was to stop the certification of the election. Do I have the facts wrong?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2022, 11:59:55 AM »
Now who here isn’t being intellectually honest?

I stand corrected.

Though in our back and forth, and in my prior posts, I clearly differentiate between the two groups (and even said if I had to pick a primary option I'd pick yours), and you repeatedly minimized the insurrectionists.

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2022, 12:02:15 PM »
But take the “insurrection” out of the equation, baby Trump hasn’t given up, even though the “insurrecters” who this thread is trying to paint out as co-conspirators in this Trump plan have long given up.
I agree with you that most of the people who were there were onlookers, people who went there expecting it would be their chance to attend the equivalent of a Trump rally - see the famous man, laugh a little, and go home.  Most of those people had no intention of overturning the election.

But the question asked what happened on that day, and there is evidence that on that day an attempt was made (by Trump) to overturn the election.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2022, 12:06:03 PM »
I stand corrected.

Though in our back and forth, and in my prior posts, I clearly differentiate between the two groups (and even said if I had to pick a primary option I'd pick yours), and you repeatedly minimized the insurrectionists.

I’m not minimizing the insurrections, I’m pushing back against the hyperbole. Maybe I pushed too far to the other extreme (and that wasn’t my intent).

The OPs question is what do you (in this case I) think happened. My response: It isn’t what the media claims. Was there any C&D? Yes (more C than D IMHO, and the two aren’t linked, Trump didn’t conspire in my limited understanding/knowledge of the facts). How much C&D? I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s significant for telling what happened.

People dying is terrible, and the perpetrators should be held accountable. That isn’t to be downplayed. But the media (not you @Yehuda57) and CV, paint a narrative that NEVER happened.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2022, 12:06:30 PM »
If trump is responsible than Kamala harris is responsible for bailing out violent protesters who went on to commit more crimes

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2022, 12:09:36 PM »
an attempt was made (by Trump) to overturn the election.

A serious effort made by Trump to overturn the election by force? If this is true he’d be much more organized and have tanks and heavy artillery, he didn’t.

He was protesting the certification of the election, and may have taken things too far (he always does that), but I don’t think there’s overwhelming evidence that his intent and action was to have the election overturned by force. And if there was such evidence (and tanks at the Capitol) he’d be sitting in prison right now.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2022, 12:09:56 PM »
Some like to bring up the media over and over in this thread. The problem is they bring up one side, why is that.
The right, especially FIX news has pushed this false flag conspiracy without a thread of evidence. The biggest person on the right and at FIX (Tucker) keeps pushing this BS.

Not one mention of this from those who keep claiming hyperbole from the left media. I wonder why that is, NOT!!!
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2022, 12:11:37 PM »
A serious effort made by Trump to overturn the election by force? If this is true he’d be much more organized and have tanks and heavy artillery, he didn’t.

He was protesting the certification of the election, and may have taken things too far (he always does that), but I don’t think there’s overwhelming evidence that his intent and action was to have the election overturned by force. And if there was such evidence (and tanks at the Capitol) he’d be sitting in prison right now.
So he was only trying to have Pence overturn the election results. I thought we were talking about something serious, silly me.

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2022, 12:12:02 PM »
It's not that were downplaying it, its when you ignore violent protests for over 6 months and encourage it

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2022, 12:15:56 PM »
It's not that were downplaying it, its when you ignore violent protests for over 6 months and encourage it
What protests were ignored? Show me were the protesters rioted and they weren't called out?
Here we have a situation where "TRUMP" supporters rioted, people died, tried to overthrow/stop the election results and all we hear is about the media.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2022, 12:16:17 PM »
Some like to bring up the media over and over in this thread. The problem is they bring up one side, why is that.
The right, especially FIX news has pushed this false flag conspiracy without a thread of evidence. The biggest person on the right and at FIX (Tucker) keeps pushing this BS.

Not one mention of this from those who keep claiming hyperbole from the left media. I wonder why that is, NOT!!!

100% both sides promote polarity and both sides are contribute to the problem. But the false flag counterargument is a response, so let’s first address the other side.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »
100% both sides promote polarity and both sides are contribute to the problem. But the false flag counterargument is a response, so let’s first address the other side.
How about we leave the media out of it and just go with the facts that we can agree on?

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2022, 12:57:46 PM »
What protests were ignored? Show me were the protesters rioted and they weren't called out?
Here we have a situation where "TRUMP" supporters rioted, people died, tried to overthrow/stop the election results and all we hear is about the media.
Mostly peaceful protest, Kamala Harris bailing out violent protesters, who said protesters need to be peaceful, different treatment to protesters in the summer to protesters at the capitol

People didnt die, 1 person died ashli babot,

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2022, 01:09:17 PM »
Mostly peaceful protest, Kamala Harris bailing out violent protesters, who said protesters need to be peaceful, different treatment to protesters in the summer to protesters at the capitol

People didnt die, 1 person died ashli babot,
Violent protests in the summer were called out here. Most of the protests were peaceful.
No one here has an issue with the "TRUMP" supporters that protested peacefully.
The issue is the "TRUMP" supporters that turn this into a deadly riot.
Downplaying this deadly attack on our constitution is insane.

Speaking of different treatment, are you talking about tear gas and rubber bullets used on protesters so Trump could have a photo op?

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2022, 01:12:01 PM »
Violent protests in the summer were called out here. Most of the protests were peaceful.
No one here has an issue with the "TRUMP" supporters that protested peacefully.
The issue is the "TRUMP" supporters that turn this into a deadly riot.
Downplaying this deadly attack on our constitution is insane.

Speaking of different treatment, are you talking about tear gas and rubber bullets used on protesters so Trump could have a photo op?
I'm talking about a bernie sanders supporter that shot at Congressman, now that's dangerous for a democracy

Most of the protests were peaceful? You serious bro? If you think that, theres no hope for you

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2022, 01:43:20 PM »
I'm talking about a bernie sanders supporter that shot at Congressman, now that's dangerous for a democracy
So one nutcase going after a congressman is dangerous but hundreds of "TRUMP" supporters storming the capital is not?
Call me crazy but I would look at both being dangerous.
Most of the protests were peaceful? You serious bro? If you think that, theres no hope for you
No need to lump all the "TRUMP" supporters that day into one.  :)

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2022, 01:47:18 PM »
None of the above. A Trump rally, some confused people who ended up in the Capitol and weren’t sure what they were doing there, and a whole lot of hyperbole from the left.
+100 I too, think AsherO is right.
Not sure why the OP didn't put this or a similar option on the poll, kinds reveals where they are coming from a bit. I have yet to hear or see any evidence that it was anything more than a bunch of whackos along with more people caught up in the crowd who basically got caught up in a spontaneous riot.
Now if you were to ask a different question, which is whether Trump completely bungled his response, because to his narcissistic and simplistic view those people seemed to be serving his interests, I'd agree with that. And his (once again) narcissistic and frankly immature whining about the election certainly contributed to the overall conditions that led to it. (That being said, there are others including many Democrats who are far from blameless on that front to, not to mention the media.) But to say he was directly responsible for inciting and coordinating it is frankly ludicrous.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 01:53:51 PM by iwlw2 »

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2022, 01:50:59 PM »
+100 I too, think AsherO is right.
Not sure why the OP didn't put this or a similar option on the poll, kinds reveals where they are coming from a bit. I have yet to hear or see any evidence that it was anything more than a bunch of whackos along with more people caught up in the crowd who basically got caught up in a spontaneous riot.
Just a bunch of kids caught up in the moment where people died as a result. No big thing.

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2022, 01:55:57 PM »
Just a bunch of kids caught up in the moment where people died as a result. No big thing.
I kinda know the answer to this already, but I'll bite. Would you just as roundly condemn those that helped organize and incite the George Floyd riots? Bunch of crazy kids there too, and I'd wager more people killed as a result....