Topic Wiki

This thread is to discuss whether people feel that something is unethical, not to find out what the law*/T&C says.

Any Halachic questions should be posted here.

*According to CountValentine this includes religion, but unfortunately for him, the general consensus is that religion will always be entwined in this thread.

*Hint* If you have to ask, It's most likely not ethical.
« Last edited by UKinNYS on April 13, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »

Author Topic: Is It Ethical?  (Read 354682 times)

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Is It Ethical?
« Reply #2680 on: July 12, 2021, 07:18:18 PM »
I bought a certain type of wd40 from Walmart. Sprayed it once then found out that it's the wrong type. Would you return it?

I at first thought no but now I'm thinking yes because that's exactly what a return policy is for. Second of all it's a tiny amount and even if Walmart decides to restock it the next buyer won't care that it's missing a negligible amount.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 07:35:14 PM by Definitions »

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 13, 2021, 03:59:01 AM »
I bought a certain type of wd40 from Walmart. Sprayed it once then found out that it's the wrong type. Would you return it?

I at first thought no but now I'm thinking yes because that's exactly what a return policy is for. Second of all it's a tiny amount and even if Walmart decides to restock it the next buyer won't care that it's missing a negligible amount.
I would tell the store what happened, let them decide if it's within their policy..

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: July 13, 2021, 05:51:17 PM »

If you're honest and upfront about it, it's completely ethical.