Topic Wiki

This thread is to discuss whether people feel that something is unethical, not to find out what the law*/T&C says.

Any Halachic questions should be posted here.

*According to CountValentine this includes religion, but unfortunately for him, the general consensus is that religion will always be entwined in this thread.

*Hint* If you have to ask, It's most likely not ethical.
« Last edited by UKinNYS on April 13, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »

Author Topic: Is It Ethical?  (Read 556294 times)

Offline AEK1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Is It Ethical?
« Reply #220 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »
he's definetly not responsible for what others do or say BUT IS RESPONSIBLE TO MODERATE WHAT HE ALLOWS  TO BE POSTED HERE
 AND HE DOES MODERATE  comments regarding ads that are on this site when the comments are negative against the companies that are paying him for their ads (which he is entitled to do)
BUT THE SAME VIGILANCE SHOULD BE APPLIED TO ANY POST THAT IS LOSHON HARA,MOTZEE SHEM RA,RECHILUS, AND CHILLUL HASHEM
this is his site he set it up hes a frum torah jew and presumably would apply his religion to his
business interests as well

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #221 on: March 30, 2012, 11:26:53 AM »
he's definetly not responsible for what others do or say BUT IS RESPONSIBLE TO MODERATE WHAT HE ALLOWS  TO BE POSTED HERE
 AND HE DOES MODERATE  comments regarding ads that are on this site when the comments are negative against the companies that are paying him for their ads (which he is entitled to do)
BUT THE SAME VIGILANCE SHOULD BE APPLIED TO ANY POST THAT IS LOSHON HARA,MOTZEE SHEM RA,RECHILUS, AND CHILLUL HASHEM
this is his site he set it up hes a frum torah jew and presumably would apply his religion to his

I'm not saying you're wrong, but one friendly piece of advice. People will probably take you more seriously if you use punctuation liberally and CAPITALS conservatively. 
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2012, 11:31:36 AM »
Since I am not Jewish, Google got a workout on your post. I will just say you have an interesting view point and will leave it at that.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline AEK1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »
 never did well in grammer :)
though point taken

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
though point taken
or spelling
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline AEK1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
Since I am not Jewish, Google got a workout on your post. I will just say you have an interesting view point and will leave it at that.
to all who are following this thread
your first 5 words of your post validate my post .btw was google any help with deciphering my post?

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 30, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
to all who are following this thread
your first 5 words of your post validate my post .btw was google any help with deciphering my post?
Yes.

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
i think the fact that this is an open public forum which ANYONE can access puts a big responsibility on you DAN to either sensor or discontinue this thread altogether as your opening yourself up to chillul hashem which is very chumoor!
i think he should start by deleting your posts

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Is It Ethical?
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »
i think he should start by deleting your posts

Nah he's in the right thread to discuss whether this thread is ethical :)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »
though point taken
Speaking lashona harah about ones self is not a good thing you know (Insert famous story of the chofetz chaim here.) A forum is a place to state opinions. I don't think Dan should have to be a the policeman over frum people. Who is he to tell someone how frum to be? True this is his site but it is also the internet a place designed for freedom of speech. You can feel free to PM someone who does something against halacha, just like if someone says lashon hara in front of you, you can tell them after in private that they spoke lashon hara and should try to rectify their bad habits. Hopefully they will realize that the internet is not a place to speak lashon hara just like we try not to speak it in regular life. That is just what I think a better aproach would be. Also people having these discussions has no effect on his parnasa (buisness interest), unlike people speaking against his sponsors which would effect his parnasa.
Side question: In this thread people are trying to figure out what is ethical or not, why is that against halcha?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline shach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »
this is his site he set it up hes a frum torah jewl
what is that? is that more/less than frum? and besides chiyuv tochacha?is that what you are trying to enforce?

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2012, 12:24:05 PM »

Are you trying to infer that you understood his post? Isn't lying unethical? or maybe you are being very cryptic so if someone calls you on it you can claim you never claimed that you undrstood his post!?

Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2012, 12:33:56 PM »
This is the road I was talking about. I asked the questions not to attack your religion but to understand.

I was raised Roman Catholic and it is pretty simple for me. We are all God’s children. I was not taught that Jews were inferior. I think Passover demonstrates that.

I hope you’re not expecting me to defend Islam. I know we disagree on many things but this is not one of them.

So will the vatican be returning all the treasures of the jews (probobly valued in the hundreds of billions if not trillions) it currently holds. Why don't they even allow the jews to view them? how about all the sacred jewish writings that the vatcian currently holds many of them not even published? how about the billions they took during the inquistion? historians beleive the there was more wealth stolen during the inquistion than during the holocaust.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2012, 01:51:29 PM »
Are you trying to infer that you understood his post? Isn't lying unethical? or maybe you are being very cryptic so if someone calls you on it you can claim you never claimed that you undrstood his post!?
is there a reason to think he didnt understand the post ???
So will the vatican be returning all the treasures of the jews (probobly valued in the hundreds of billions if not trillions) it currently holds. Why don't they even allow the jews to view them? how about all the sacred jewish writings that the vatcian currently holds many of them not even published? how about the billions they took during the inquistion? historians beleive the there was more wealth stolen during the inquistion than during the holocaust.
im pretty sure HelpMe  is not the pope in disguise so im not sure what your point is. (if you are trying to call him a liar just say it)

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »
I think I understand the post. I think the OP is saying that Dan should impose his religious beliefs on all members’ posts. Do I have it correct?

From Google. Please feel free to HelpMe out here:
LOSHON HARA - derogatory speech about another person
MOTZEE SHEM RA - unfounded libelous gossip
RECHILUS – gossip
CHILLUL HASHEM – this one I know.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
What connection do you think I have to the Vatican.

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
I think I understand the post. I think the OP is saying that Dan should impose his religious beliefs on all members’ posts. Do I have it correct?

LOSHON HARA - derogatory speech about another person
MOTZEE SHEM RA - unfounded libelous gossip
RECHILUS – gossip
CHILLUL HASHEM – this one I know.

If that is really the case I Apologize. What did you mean by "I will just say you have an interesting view point and will leave it at that."?
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »
What connection do you think I have to the Vatican.

I don't think you have a connection to the vatican. you were infering by your post that Catholicism teaches that everyone is treated the same and you must be honest with everyone because we are all g-d's children, hence, the question is the vatican i.e. Catholicism  contradictory?

Quote from: HelpMe
I was raised Roman Catholic and it is pretty simple for me. We are all God’s children. I was not taught that Jews were inferior. I think Passover demonstrates that.

also, what does passover have to do with anything?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:30:50 PM by u-no-me- »
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »
:)

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
If that is really the case I Apologize. What did you mean by "I will just say you have an interesting view point and will leave it at that."?
I did not agree with the point I thought was being made and I really didn’t want to get into another religious discussion.