Topic Wiki

You can check your personal application status online here.
You can check your business application status online here.

Barclay reconsideration line: 866-408-4064, Mon-Fri 8AM - 5PM EST.
The 24-hour number is 866-408-4064
New 24 hour number is 866-205-5973
you can finally fax documents to Barclays the number is 866-836-6959

Based on the phone reps, an application usually remains in the system for 90 days, during which you can ask for a reconsideration.
However, if 30 days have passed, it will incur another hard pull.

There have been a few reports of Barclay pulling credit again when reconsidering - even when specifically asked not to.
Make sure to explicitly tell the rep that you don't want another credit pull. The benefit of such action would be that if later you see they did pull your credit you can call up and speak to a manager and have the pulls removed (based on first-hand accounts from this thread).

If you want to guarantee that you don't get another pull, freeze your credit report.

While Barclay recon reps are usually very tough to deal with, there have been sporadic reports of them reconsidering by reallocating credit-line from other cards. Additionally, there are a few reports indicating success with the 3BM.
Personal and biz didn't combine

Barclay recon reps take notes of each phone call and subsequent reps usually regurgitate the previous rep's reply.

Barclays has a 6/24 rule similar to chase 5/24. Not hardcoded like chase though.

Random: see this great article about negotiating tactics with Customer Service Reps.
not working. Found it on the wayback machine https://web.archive.org/web/20161018151314/https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-negotiator-shares-negotiating-tricks-2015-1/ref=cyberdust.com

Author Topic: Barclays Reconsideration  (Read 360461 times)

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
Re: Barclays Reconsideration
« Reply #1340 on: June 13, 2022, 09:27:22 AM »
My lufthansa miles are set to expire end of this month. As far as I see, the only way of extending the life of the miles is by applying for the Barclays miles&more credit card.
question, being that I'm 2 weeks from expiration date, does it extend the life of my current miles immediately after approval?

you need to earn miles so it has to do with when the miles post which is typically when the statement closes

Offline Mordechai123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 19, 2022, 12:48:04 AM »
I applied for the Barclays Aviator Buisness Card, and I got this message,
“Your application is being reviewed.We appreciate your interest in the Aadvantage® Aviator® World Elite Business Mastercard®Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an immediate decision on the application you just submitted. Your application requires further review, which may take up to 10 days”
Anyone know what this means?

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 20, 2022, 09:34:59 AM »
applied for business Jet blue card and denied for too many cards opened in last 24 months.  any suggestion , tips etcc..? or waste of time to try?

anyway to contact them by email or chat re: reconsideration since it was my DW application

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
« Reply #1343 on: October 24, 2022, 12:55:19 PM »
I applied for the Barclays Aviator Buisness Card, and I got this message,
“Your application is being reviewed.We appreciate your interest in the Aadvantage® Aviator® World Elite Business Mastercard®Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an immediate decision on the application you just submitted. Your application requires further review, which may take up to 10 days”
Anyone know what this means?

this unfortunately is becoming common with Barclays. there not a good bank to deal with, there cs is mostly horrible. i recently applied for the AA business card 80k offer. got same message. called and spent 2 hr on the phone. this consisted of speaking to multiple departments and getting disconnected a few times. i got lucky with getting an American for all 3 departments. one time i had to ask to be transferred to America cs. anyways after 2hr i ended up getting approved with out having to send in any paperwork. fyi i got the mailing like 7 days later saying i needed to provide all this paper work, so thank god i was able to get it done over the phone.

when i applied online i think i got the message orig because my credit report was frozen and when i called they pulled another one that wasn't frozen.

at the end of the day this bank is only good for the SUB.

barclays recon -(866) 408-4064.

hope this helps..

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #1344 on: August 08, 2023, 11:42:21 AM »
Applied for JB card yesterday got pending decision they called me this morning and asked me if i would like to move credit from my other active cards took 2min and was approved, that's the first time that happened  ;D
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...