Topic Wiki

PSA: PLEASE BE AWARE OF ALL OF THE RISKS INHERENT IN BETTING OF ANY TYPE BEFORE DEPOSITING MONEY THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.

PSA: If you're already caught up in this and don't know how to stop, or can't stop, or are in too much trouble to believe that you can ever be normal again...PM me.

There is hope.

« Last edited by Yehuda57 on January 21, 2022, 11:13:03 AM »

Author Topic: [PSA: Gambling Is Risky And Addictive] Sports Betting Account Signup Bonuses  (Read 27064 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
But you’re a writer, anything you make up will be good :P
Okay, here goes:

Rabbbooiiiiiissssssseeeeeeiiiiiii!! You think Hashem will let you have one dollar more than your tafkid??!! You think that be engaging in these narisheh krumkeiten you will have more gelt??!! Pas Bamelech Toicheil, raboisei! These things just shlep people out of the bais medrash! You know what happens when someone leaves the bais medrash? He becomes a meis! Luz up mit di narishkeiten! But in case you ever chas veshalom become a gvir, lemaasah you should remember hakaras hatov, to the yeshiva which shtelled you avek, just saying.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Okay, here goes:

Rabbbooiiiiiissssssseeeeeeiiiiiii!! You think Hashem will let you have one dollar more than your tafkid??!! You think that be engaging in these narisheh krumkeiten you will have more gelt??!! Pas Bamelech Toicheil, raboisei! These things just shlep people out of the bais medrash! You know what happens when someone leaves the bais medrash? He becomes a meis! Luz up mit di narishkeiten! But in case you ever chas veshalom become a gvir, lemaasah you should remember hakaras hatov, to the yeshiva which shtelled you avek, just saying.
But Rebbe this is MY hishtadlus. You cant win the lottery if you dont play. This is not any worse than the yeshiva's chinese auction. Its pure histadlus. I daven so much more to win. Hashem loves these tefillos. And when I lose I daven more.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Okay, here goes:

Oy, azoi hartzik rebbi, I am shaken by your words. When is your weekly shmuess?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yakov116

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
PSA: These games can be fun and enjoyable, but must be played safe.

When it comes to credit card points and free nights in a hotel it can be very tempting to jump in and taste the free world.
However with all games out there the bank is not doing this to loose money, the have another plan in mind; have you swipe the card.

Knowing how to mange your cards is not that hard, but you have to make the time and effort to make it worth it. There are many people that correctly glide through it, yet there are those that don't.

Recently there has been a new game (to the frum world) on the horizon, but this one can be a very slippery slope.
The companies that offer this game have one idea in mind; get them to come back again and spend more then what the reward they made the first time around.
To diffrenciate between this and credit card points is simple.
1. Credit card points may cause one to spend more then they think they can, however they are left with the item they purchased. With the gamble game, you can be left with nothing.
2. Gambling causes a person to think they can win quick without any work. Playing the CC game takes time and effort.

Let's play this came safe and don't forget to make a TR of your free trip (and don't forget to invite me)

@YitzyS please write this with your magic hand.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 09:53:45 PM by yakov116 »
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile

When it comes to credit card points and free nights in a hotel it can be very tempting to jump in and taste the free world.
However with all games out there the bank is not doing this to loose money, the have another plan in mind; have you swipe the card.

Knowing how to mange your cards is not that hard, but you have to make the time and effort to make it worth it. There are many people that correctly glide through it, yet there are those that don't.

Recently there has been a new game (to the frum world) on the horizon, but this one can be a very slippery slope.
The companies that offer this game have one idea in mind; get them to come back again and spend more then what the reward they made the first time around.
1. Credit card points may cause one to spend more then they think they can, however they are left with the item they purchased. With the gamble game, you can be left with nothing.
2. Gambling causes a person to think they can win quick without any work. Playing the CC game takes time and effort.

Let's play this came safe and don't forget to make a TR of your free trip (and don't forget to invite me)

Wow. Spot on. @Dan pretty much has this in his drafts. Stand by...
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Wow. Spot on. @Dan pretty much has this in his drafts. Stand by...
Thanks for the compliment :)
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

3. Gambling businesses are heavily invested in putting every psychological trick known to man to make the experience as addictive as possible, way beyond even television production. Very few are those who are unaffected by this. י"ל שאסור ביחוד...

Offline R.A.T.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Is anyone taking advantage of this offer? I am talking about the arbitrage play for a guaranteed profit.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
Just saw this and thought of the gambling discussion. I think this pretty much sums it up...

https://twitter.com/StockMarketHats/status/1484148404074729473

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Is anyone taking advantage of this offer? I am talking about the arbitrage play for a guaranteed profit.
I'm doing it now on CZR.

Is there any better bet than over/under on spread with 3300 from each account betting against each other at -110?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
I'm doing it now on CZR.

Is there any better bet than over/under on spread with 3300 from each account betting against each other at -110?
I've only ever seen -105/-105 on the coin toss for the super bowl.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
I've only ever seen -105/-105 on the coin toss for the super bowl.
There was some talk upthread of bets that would allow a potential outcome of both winning, I didn't understand if that turned out to be possible with the promo or not.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Realshlomo

• View Profile
There was some talk upthread of bets that would allow a potential outcome of both winning, I didn't understand if that turned out to be possible with the promo or not.
It didn't sound like both bets were going to be placed with the same book, which I'm assuming you're doing.

Ime -110 both sides is the best you're going to get.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
It didn't sound like both bets were going to be placed with the same book, which I'm assuming you're doing.

Ty

Offline Spoon

• View Profile
I'm doing it now on CZR.

Did you get the 3k deposit match or 1.5k?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
Did you get the 3k deposit match or 1.5k?
I deposited last week and got 3

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile

I've seen -107/-107 on game scores

Offline Realshlomo

• View Profile
I've seen -107/-107 on game scores
Game scores?

You mean over under?

Offline biobook

• View Profile

The hustle mentality, the desperate need for income supplements, the fact that “everyone’s doing it”, and not considering the risks above and effort involved, blindly lead people down this path.
Is secrecy part of the story?  I wondered about this after reading the posts of @hvaces42 and @Yehuda57.  Had you discussed with your wife what you were doing?

Would it be helpful to include in this op-ed advice to have a conversation with someone you know IRL?  Especially if there's someone who would be affected by your financial activities.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
Is secrecy part of the story?  I wondered about this after reading the posts of @hvaces42 and @Yehuda57.  Had you discussed with your wife what you were doing?

Would it be helpful to include in this op-ed advice to have a conversation with someone you know IRL?  Especially if there's someone who would be affected by your financial activities.
What I've seen time and again is that most people are so deep into whatever it is that they're caught up in, that theyre embarrassed to talk to anyone. They think they're protecting their significant other and it will all go away when they get back to "even".

So much more on this. Secrecy it a huge part of it. I was told many times. You're only as sick as your secrets. The freedom of not having to look over your shoulder or remember which untruths you told to which people is amazing.