Author Topic: Pesach hotel in South Africa in 2022?  (Read 660 times)

Offline barebones

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Pesach hotel in South Africa in 2022?
« on: February 21, 2022, 10:48:03 PM »
Since there are very few programs out there ( only one n SA) that is kosher for Passover, I am considering creating my own mini program with about 5 families from Los Angeles. I have found that the 5 star hotels like the four seasons are about $250 per night.
I am looking to see if anyone can direct me to a person in SA  ( Johanessburg) that would be interested in being the masgiach and arrange a cook to go with us to the different hotels, etc. We so far have 4 families with about 20- 25 people
Please send me any suggestions of people, hotels that one might have stayed in that might be a good fit, any gaming reserves that also might be a good fit.
Our fall back is to stay at the Chabad program for the chagim and then take food from a takeout place in Joburg and do our own thing for the chol hamoed.
Suggestions and ideas are welcome
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 07:16:00 AM by AsherO »

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: POSSIBILITY OF SOUTH AFRICA FOR THIS PESACH
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 11:07:05 PM »
WHY ARE WE YELLING?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: POSSIBILITY OF SOUTH AFRICA FOR THIS PESACH
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 11:12:17 PM »
Is the plan to somehow get a hotel to give you part of their kitchen for 5 families? And 1 mashgiach is going to somehow manage to keep your tiny section within the whole treif kitchen not only kosher, but kosher for Pesach?