Author Topic: Non-AMEX Return Protection/Extended Warranty: What Was Your Experience?  (Read 28750 times)

Offline lybbtthl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Barely anything these days...
Re: Chase Return Protection/Extended Warranty: What Was Your Experience?
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 10:54:44 PM »
Who says it is?

It seems to have been mention on ddf and on regular dd.com that sapphire pref has an amazing return protection

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Non-AMEX Return Protection/Extended Warranty: What Was Your Experience?
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »
It seems to have been mention on ddf and on regular dd.com that sapphire pref has an amazing return protection
Where?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »
Terrible experience with Chase SP return protection. I tried to return my Britax B Ready stroller. They wouldn't take it back because they said that they can't tell that Buy Buy Baby won't take it back. I said it says on their policies that they only take back new items and since the stroller was used they won't take it back. They said they need something in writing from the store. Went to the store and the manager said he can't give me anything in writing-it already says it in the store policy. However he sympathized with me as chase (not really chase but whatever) being a bunch of idiots and made an exception and took it back for me (he said that's why he doesn't have any credit cards from chase, I was gonna say and that is why I have 4 and my wife has 6, but I held my tongue)
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
Any recent experiences if Chase made you return item or not? (I purchased something on Chase instead of amex by mistake, unhappy with it, and wont be able to ship it back for a while.)

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2012, 04:19:46 PM »
Any recent experiences if Chase made you return item or not? (I purchased something on Chase instead of amex by mistake, unhappy with it, and wont be able to ship it back for a while.)
They told me that when I submitted my claim for the Groupon laptop, that it was still within the 45 day return policy of the store (which I did not know). However, they didn't tell me this till after the 45 day period, and as a result, I couldn't return it to the store, and Chase denied me as well.
I've called back and gotten no where, but will try one last time this week.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
They told me that when I submitted my claim for the Groupon laptop, that it was still within the 45 day return policy of the store (which I did not know). However, they didn't tell me this till after the 45 day period, and as a result, I couldn't return it to the store, and Chase denied me as well.
I've called back and gotten no where, but will try one last time this week.
Good luck
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline mochada

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
Chase SP return protection (90 days) go through Chase Enhancement services.  They won't take back my laptop which I bought from BestBuy which needs to be repaired by HP.  HP claims I will be without the laptop for over a month to fix a small chip!!  This is pathetic- should stick to AMEX for big purchases

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »
what's the highest per item return protection offered on a card?    according to the old post on dd, spg is $300 and csp is $500.     is there anyone who gives higher?    i'm looking to buy a $750 laptop that i want covered...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2013, 10:20:05 AM »
Nothing higher than $500 now.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 10:25:36 AM »
Nothing higher than $500 now.
diners club carte blanche?

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Bought a refurbished galaxy tab at tiger direct about a year ago with freedom card, and now the screen glass broke, I dont think Tiger will replace or fix it, do I have any luck with chase thru extended warranty?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Chase? Lol...

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Chase? Lol...
I guess thats a "NO"

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Bought a refurbished galaxy tab at tiger direct about a year ago with freedom card, and now the screen glass broke, I dont think Tiger will replace or fix it, do I have any luck with chase thru extended warranty?
Why not?
If you're covered , you're covered. Not as easy as Amex though.
Chase? Lol...
  ???
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
I guess thats a "NO"
They officially offer an extended warranty. Just getting it is not as simple as with Amex.

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
i had a crazy lucky story with my chase SP:

I have a retractable gold nibbed fountain pen (Namiki vanishing point)

the day after my wife bought me a new fine point nib for the pen i got into my car with it in my pocket, somehow my leg pressed the lever which extended the nib as i was closing the door and the delicate 18k gold nib got smashed.

While reading the through the T&C's i noticed that there is some very vague terminology about them covering damage done in a car if there is movement involved.
  On the wild off chance i submitted a claim explaining in detail precisely what happened. They asked for a letter from a fountain pen repairman stating that it could not be repaired, somehow i got the owner of a local pen shop to write me up a letter and they actually refunded me the full price!

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Just did it with SP's Price Protection on the SodaStream deal. I bought it originally for $80 from Amazon in March and now it was $63 through Staples - 20% from Dan's coupon code. Chase/Visa wouldn't take the last 20% because it was just a code, and the advertised 20% off on the site was already included in the $63.99 price, but they did refund me $15 so that's cool. Wasn't too difficult. I called up to get the form emailed to me and the rest of the process was done via email. Emailed them the completed form, screenshot of my Amazon invoice and screenshot of Staples page. Took 5 days from first email till they confirmed I was going to be refunded.

Offline incogn1tus

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 09:26:50 AM »
Could someone kindly elaborate on the Chase Price Protection process? I have searched but found nothing specific.

There are some slick-ish deals as of this posting for a 60" 120Hz 1080P Sony TV for $339 at some Wal-Marts and $678 at other Wal-Marts. How easy would it be to buy at a Wal-Mart that has the TV in stock close to me for $678 and Price Match to a Wal-Mart 3 states away that has the TV in stock for $339? Maybe easy isn't the right word (!), but is it doable with a screenshot of Wal-Mart iPhone App?

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »
Could someone kindly elaborate on the Chase Price Protection process? I have searched but found nothing specific.

There are some slick-ish deals as of this posting for a 60" 120Hz 1080P Sony TV for $339 at some Wal-Marts and $678 at other Wal-Marts. How easy would it be to buy at a Wal-Mart that has the TV in stock close to me for $678 and Price Match to a Wal-Mart 3 states away that has the TV in stock for $339? Maybe easy isn't the right word (!), but is it doable with a screenshot of Wal-Mart iPhone App?
Chase has that? Isn't it citi rewind?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline incogn1tus

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »
Definitely Chase Sapphire. See pg 21 of the PDF: https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphireVW15