Author Topic: Avis Rental Certificates  (Read 115552 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Avis free day vouchers
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
How could in get it you by then
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline milzz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »
i didnt realize they were paper vouchers! oh well! thanks anyway!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 12:51:09 AM »
do you still have these?
thanks
I believe he does have them...i was going to buy a few (i rent about 6-7 days per month) but was told, and i quote, "No more questions. Either you want them or not. I dont have time anymore"

Just wanted to make sure they will work before buying them...

Offline dove

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 01:12:50 AM »
I believe he does have them...i was going to buy a few (i rent about 6-7 days per month) but was told, and i quote, "No more questions. Either you want them or not. I dont have time anymore"

Just wanted to make sure they will work before buying them...
Yes I still have some. After over 25 emails amounting to about 100 questions I quit dealing with David. There comes a point when my time and effort is not worth the chance of making a sale. No exaggerations!!!!!!

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 01:22:51 AM »
Yes I still have some. After over 25 emails amounting to about 100 questions I quit dealing with David. There comes a point when my time and effort is not worth the chance of making a sale. No exaggerations!!!!!!
So why not post the details here so David or other members don't have to email you 25 times??

Offline dove

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 01:23:57 AM »
So why not post the details here so David or other members don't have to email you 25 times??
What detail??

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 01:27:11 AM »
Not a problem...i was not exaggerating either...i was just warning the others to pick their questions carefully as you dont like answering them.
No one is going to just give you money without clarifying what it is they are purchasing.
You told me they would work for my dates and after doing my own research, it seems they will not work....but then again, i probably should have trusted you and just bought them, right?

Also, if you answer ALL the questions asked in an email instead of one and 2 word answers, you wont need another email repeating the question.
All in all, i wish you the best of luck dear and hope for your sake that you get some customers who are not wary and who dont ask questions before making a purchase...my gut tells me you wont find that here.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »
What detail??
Whatever the questions were in the 25 emails.  David is frequent traveler and rents often.  I'm sure he wasn't asking you stupid questions.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 01:34:36 AM »
O and btw I just read the first 25 posts on this thread.  It seems other members disagree with you regarding "no black out dates".

As David so nicely put it
All in all, i wish you the best of luck dear and hope for your sake that you get some customers who are not wary and who dont ask questions before making a purchase...my gut tells me you wont find that here.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 01:36:20 AM »
O and btw I just read the first 25 posts on this thread.  It seems other members disagree with you regarding "no black out dates".

In One of my "25 emails" with him, i was able to show him that there were indeed black out dates

Offline dove

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 01:37:31 AM »

Btw I answered every single question. Yes lots of questions where stupid and repeats. David was not referring to blackout dates but availability.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 01:40:02 AM »
Btw I answered every single question. Yes lots of questions where stupid and repeats. David was not referring to blackout dates but availability.
You yourself posted that there  aren't any blackout dates.

Offline dove

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2012, 01:52:12 AM »
Yes true at the time I thought there was not any blackout dates but since then corrected myself and will refuse to sell to anyone unless they are aware of blackouts during the holiday period. There are definitely scams out there but I'm not one of them. I have only very happy costumers. I offer returns with full money back. All my customers had questions before purchasing but I was happy of answering everyone to the best of my ability. I would think 100 questions is a bit crazy!!!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2012, 02:00:58 AM »

He realized after i showed him the black out dates (yes i have an email where he conceded)
Yes true at the time I thought there was not any blackout dates but since then corrected myself and will refuse to sell to anyone unless they are aware of blackouts during the holiday period. There are definitely scams out there but I'm not one of them. I have only very happy costumers. I offer returns with full money back. All my customers had questions before purchasing but I was happy of answering everyone to the best of my ability. I would think 100 questions is a bit crazy!!!
You corrected yourself? or were you corrected?
if you think 100 questions is much, you would make an excellent salesman...i definitely did not ask you 100 questions and have all the emails to prove so. i also wont go counting the questions.

If anyone else has any to sell, i would be interested in 50-60 of them/year. Your attitude= your loss, not mine...my company pays for my rentals...i dont lose a penny by paying retail prices.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2012, 02:05:23 AM »
Yes true at the time I thought there was not any blackout dates but since then corrected myself and will refuse to sell to anyone unless they are aware of blackouts during the holiday period. There are definitely scams out there but I'm not one of them. I have only very happy costumers. I offer returns with full money back.
Where is this thread have you corrected yourself???

These are the only posts I see from you pertaining to blackout dates

No there are no blackout dates!!!
In my personal experience which I have used them tons of times and there are no blackout dates.

. . . .And then you wonder why you get emails with questions  ::) ::)

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2012, 03:15:13 AM »
And here another lie: holiday blackout dates.
Sir, the blackout dates are not limited to holidays.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »
Loving this conversation.  Very sad, some (many?) frumme yidden have to learn the hard way, that customer service is not an 'extra', it's a requirement in the 21st century.

Offline rukiddingme

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »
For what it's worth, I bought five certs, asked some specific questions in advance and received accurate answers.

This has gotten rather ugly - and over what?  Nobody was cheated or anything even close to it.  As David himself acknowledges, any frequent traveler would get value from these.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »
@David, how much are you looking to pay?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
For what it's worth, I bought five certs, asked some specific questions in advance and received accurate answers.

This has gotten rather ugly - and over what?  Nobody was cheated or anything even close to it.  As David himself acknowledges, any frequent traveler would get value from these.
He kept on saying there's no blackout dates, while in fact -per my personal experience and David's- there is.
Would you consider that as "accurate answers"?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.