Author Topic: Baby Takes Kauai  (Read 13217 times)

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Takes Kauai
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2022, 12:29:00 PM »
Since we had an amazing trip the previous winter vacation in Maui we decided to head back to Hawaii and check out Kauai this time. After welcoming a new baby girl in our family on December 30th we weren’t sure if we would be able to make the trip. Three weeks later and getting the green light from the pediatrician we were all packed and ready to go. We flew on Southwest Airlines from MDW-LAS-LIH since we had two companion passes and travel vouchers so it came out free for us. We had a two hour stopover at LAS which was a perfect amount to get drinks from Coffee Bean, change and feed the baby. We got our wristbands for entry in Hawaii and were on our way! I love flying Southwest Airlines with the family since they have family boarding, if they have an extra seat on board let me bring the car seat and great entertainment for the kids.

havent been to the trip reports in a while and got distracted half way through but this is a very nice TR and photos. cant wait to come back and finish
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 01:22:37 PM by jj1000 »

Offline Divora M

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2022, 04:51:25 PM »
havent been to the trip reports in a while and got distracted half way through but this is a very nice TR and photos. cant wait to come back and finish

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2022, 05:02:22 PM »
@jj1000 Thanks for editing this!

Offline mechayamom

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2022, 12:26:59 AM »
Great trip report and Mazal tov.

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2022, 10:14:42 AM »
The title pulled me in, the pictures kept me reading, and the details and description made me want to go back to all that we missed!  Thank you for thinking of us and taking the trouble to write it up.

Offline Divora M

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2022, 11:33:56 AM »
The title pulled me in, the pictures kept me reading, and the details and description made me want to go back to all that we missed!  Thank you for thinking of us and taking the trouble to write it up.

Wow, ty I’m blushing  :D .
There are so many details that I left out since it was just too time consuming but I can add them in the comments as I think of them.

I said we brought a double burner to cook with and on our third day of using it the fuse blew and one of our mini fridges stopped working. We called housekeeping to get our fridge replaced and they did it within 10 minutes. The next day we came back to our room and there was a letter under the door saying that burners and crockpots are not allowed in the hotel rooms (we had removed the burner when the Maintanence guy came but I guess he figured it out anyway), they apologized for the inconvenience and gave us three vouchers for drinks and appetizers at their restaurants. Next time we used the burner we moved it to another outlet where it wouldn’t be an issue with blowing the fuse and used the vouchers on smoothies ($50 value) by the pool.

Offline ltttc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2022, 12:32:16 PM »
Here is a link of my daughter cliff jumping. https://youtube.com/shorts/5pmS5Ro1y4U?feature=share
Wow! Spunky kids! Not surprised though.
Amazing TR and amazing mom for doing this at 3 weeks pp!!

Offline Cat18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2023, 11:37:03 AM »
how did you deal with food while at the GHK? they emailed me regarding a $20/ day storage fee.