Author Topic: Hertz one way to Canada  (Read 684 times)

Offline mirish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hertz one way to Canada
« on: March 16, 2022, 09:59:15 AM »
Hertz has been on and off about allowing one way rentals to Canada recently, although I have not seen an official announcement.
I would really like to do a one day one way on points with Ultimate Choice, but I cant seem to make it show availability.

I'm searching EWR to YYZ, 04/07 - 04/27 works, but 04/07 - 04/26 shows no availability.
I tried searching non-airport, and it tells me vehicles sold out (although they are not sold out for non-oneway rentals)

It would also let me do the one day one way rental to Niagara falls, ny, just not to Canada. Is it possible to change the dropoff location after rental, if its a one way anyway?

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 10:14:43 AM by mirish »

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hertz one way to Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 02:36:28 PM »
Hertz has been on and off about allowing one way rentals to Canada recently, although I have not seen an official announcement.
I would really like to do a one day one way on points with Ultimate Choice, but I cant seem to make it show availability.

I'm searching EWR to YYZ, 04/07 - 04/27 works, but 04/07 - 04/26 shows no availability.
I tried searching non-airport, and it tells me vehicles sold out (although they are not sold out for non-oneway rentals)

It would also let me do the one day one way rental to Niagara falls, ny, just not to Canada. Is it possible to change the dropoff location after rental, if its a one way anyway?

Any ideas?
You might want to call the location you are renting from and just ask them directly.
There might be some reluctance to let their owned cars go due to fleet limitations (though i know that doesnt address the difference with the dates).