Author Topic: Lost luggage  (Read 990 times)

Offline Debras

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Lost luggage
« on: June 19, 2023, 01:30:58 PM »
Hi,

We recently traveled to Israel from Cleveland, United, with connection in Newark.  One bag got left in Newark.   The last record of it was United sending it the next day to Ben Gurion on a specific flight.  Since then we have been calling United Baggage department each day.
 with no additional information.   It caused us a lot of aggravation.  We were scheduled in Israel for a very short time, including a vacation and wedding.  In that bag were: my husband's vacation clothes, 2 wigs (shabbos, and vacation wig), wedding suit, dress suit, toiletries, expensive mens shirts, socks and undergarments.  Our vacation was ruined and my husband had to buy all new clothes.

On the last day were were in Israel, I even went down to Ben Gurion once we were not getting info and checked the floor and storage room.  It was not there.  Just now, we got an email from Ben Gurion that they do not have it. 

Question:  We booked through United Explorer card.  Anyone experienced with this?  What's the best way to go about getting maximum compensation?  (Including aggravation and daily compensation for expenses and maximum coverage for the lost items from the airline credit card.)

Thank you,
DCS

Offline VacationLover

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Lost luggage
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 10:57:35 PM »
Do you have receipts of daily purchases for clothing?

In my experience they allowed us (each person on the same booking, including infant) a refund of $150 per person per day.

Besides that they gave us a generous voucher for the aggravation.

Offline AMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
Re: Lost luggage
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 12:52:27 PM »
Hi,

We recently traveled to Israel from Cleveland, United, with connection in Newark.  One bag got left in Newark.   The last record of it was United sending it the next day to Ben Gurion on a specific flight.  Since then we have been calling United Baggage department each day.
 with no additional information.   It caused us a lot of aggravation.  We were scheduled in Israel for a very short time, including a vacation and wedding.  In that bag were: my husband's vacation clothes, 2 wigs (shabbos, and vacation wig), wedding suit, dress suit, toiletries, expensive mens shirts, socks and undergarments.  Our vacation was ruined and my husband had to buy all new clothes.

On the last day were were in Israel, I even went down to Ben Gurion once we were not getting info and checked the floor and storage room.  It was not there.  Just now, we got an email from Ben Gurion that they do not have it. 

Question:  We booked through United Explorer card.  Anyone experienced with this?  What's the best way to go about getting maximum compensation?  (Including aggravation and daily compensation for expenses and maximum coverage for the lost items from the airline credit card.)

Thank you,
DCS

Make sure to have all records of purchases
👆 אהבת חינם