Author Topic: Bluetooth multipoint switch.  (Read 1138 times)

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Bluetooth multipoint switch.
« on: April 02, 2022, 10:58:07 PM »
I want to connect my Bluetooth headphones to multiple devices, but my headphones can only be connected to one at once. (I don't have the Bose qc35s).
Is there such a device that my Bluetooth headphones can technically be connected to that one device, and that device can have multiple connections to computer, phone, and 3rd phone...?
Ideally I would want one with physical switches or buttons.

Online Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth multipoint switch.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 12:13:31 AM »
Off the bat, modern phones allow to play to two Bluetooth devices. Assuming you have a different use case there probably is something out there, I can imagine it would be finicky.

ETA
There may devices that do it but it's probably cheaper to buy two of those cheap Bluetooth adapters on Amazon
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 12:26:07 AM by Yo ssi »
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 03:08:17 AM »
Off the bat, modern phones allow to play to two Bluetooth devices. Assuming you have a different use case there probably is something out there, I can imagine it would be finicky.

ETA
There may devices that do it but it's probably cheaper to buy two of those cheap Bluetooth adapters on Amazon
How would those 2 adapter help in my case? All my devices have bluetooth, I just want to easily switch from device to device.

There are things around for TVs, that allow family to connect multiple earphones Via bluethooth to the TV.
https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B0838YPSZT

Online gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 05:19:38 PM »
I want to connect my Bluetooth headphones to multiple devices, but my headphones can only be connected to one at once. (I don't have the Bose qc35s).
Is there such a device that my Bluetooth headphones can technically be connected to that one device, and that device can have multiple connections to computer, phone, and 3rd phone...?
Ideally I would want one with physical switches or buttons.
I don't think bose are the only headphones that have multi device connection

Offline Choshive Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: JetBlue BLUE BASIC (BASIC ECONOMY), Walmart+ free trial, Amazon prime free trial, Spirit Airlines banned passengers list, Lufthansa Jewish Baseball cap wearer Status,
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 09:43:01 PM »
How would those 2 adapter help in my case? All my devices have bluetooth, I just want to easily switch from device to device.
I think he is saying to buy three Bluetooth receivers, and connect your phone to all three. then, use an audio splitter to connect all three receivers to your headphones.

It would be annoying though, because then your bluetooth headphones would be connected to a bunch of wires.

koshermyphone.com

Online Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 11:17:10 PM »
I think he is saying to buy three Bluetooth receivers, and connect your phone to all three. then, use an audio splitter to connect all three receivers to your headphones.

It would be annoying though, because then your bluetooth headphones would be connected to a bunch of wires.
It only requires 2. Get one with Bluetooth 5.0 that can connect to two devices (use one in transmitter mode and one in receiver mode)
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Choshive Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: JetBlue BLUE BASIC (BASIC ECONOMY), Walmart+ free trial, Amazon prime free trial, Spirit Airlines banned passengers list, Lufthansa Jewish Baseball cap wearer Status,
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 08:40:11 PM »
It only requires 2. Get one with Bluetooth 5.0 that can connect to two devices (use one in transmitter mode and one in receiver mode)
Still pretty annoying. Question is whether the headphones have audio jack, and also how nice a pair they are. If their cheap, he might as well buy a new one with multi device capability.
koshermyphone.com

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 11:19:13 PM »
It's actually a Bluetooth not a pair of headphones. Because I don't like the idea of wearing headphones all day.

There are some headsets that support multiple devices. But even those don't allow more than one Bluetooth device. The other ones are USB.

Came to ask here if there might be such a device. Or perhaps a homemade solution for this.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 12:11:28 AM »
I use a Jabra Evolve 75 headset, it allows pairing with two Bluetooth devices (e.g. two phones or phone + computer) simultaneously. Haven’t used both at the same time yet.

I know Jabra Elite 75t bluetooth earbuds support this as well, and maybe some other Jabra headsets do as well.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 07:11:54 AM by AsherO »
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 01:35:40 AM »
I use a Janet Evolve 75 headset, it allows pairing with two Bluetooth devices (e.g. two phones or phone + computer) simultaneously. Haven’t used both at the same time yet.

I know Jabra Elite 75t bluetooth earbuds support this as well, and maybe some other Jabra headsets do as well.
There's the Jabra 75 and Plantronics.

I figured there must be a demand for such a device. I guess I was wrong.

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022, 09:08:14 AM »
There's the Jabra 75 and Plantronics.

I figured there must be a demand for such a device. I guess I was wrong.
Jabra Bluetooths have it for calls. I can't figure out why it's not a common feature on all Bluetooth devices. Would be supremely convenient.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline Choshive Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 08:35:17 PM »
There are some headsets that support multiple devices. But even those don't allow more than one Bluetooth device. The other ones are USB.

You lost me here. How does it support multiple devices if it only allows one device?
koshermyphone.com

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2022, 02:27:32 AM »
You lost me here. How does it support multiple devices if it only allows one device?
One device via Bluetooth, phone is with some internet cable, computer via USB.
If you read it slowly you'll see I wrote 1 "Bluetooth" device... Yet, I do see where you got lost.