Author Topic: Elon Musk buys Twitter  (Read 64501 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter
« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2022, 10:01:49 PM »
This guy is going to turn out to be another Ye for the R's. Going to look like fools again. Will they ever learn?

Twitter suspends journalists who have been covering Elon Musk and the company
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/twitter-suspends-journalists-who-have-been-covering-elon-musk-and-the-company/ar-AA15kcrN?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a1bc3714936a4759b0e0746f658b70a2
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2022, 10:15:51 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2022, 10:17:19 PM »
“Assassination coordinates” lol
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2022, 10:21:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603587970832793600

And there is a good chance they did it deliberately, thinking that he wouldn't dare apply the same rules to them as he does to everyone else...

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2022, 10:24:15 PM »
You can make rules to target anyone you want.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2022, 10:43:59 PM »
“Assassination coordinates” lol
Ever dreamed of being the richest man on earth?

Now you know what they think about and have as real every day concerns...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2022, 10:48:41 PM »
Ever dreamed of being the richest man on earth?
No, have you?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2022, 10:54:21 PM »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 15, 2022, 11:22:13 PM »

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Online Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Elon Musk buys Twitter
« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2022, 01:21:27 AM »
How is it doxxing if it's all publicly available? If someone was really interested in assassinating him wouldn't that person take the time to cross reference the various publicly available data sources to figure out where he is.

If he's really concerned about it then maybe he should hire a better security team?

Also, if I tweet "Kevin Durant is currently playing in Barclay's Center", does that violate the new T&Cs?

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2022, 01:32:36 AM »
How is it doxxing if it's all publicly available? If someone was really interested in assassinating him wouldn't that person take the time to cross reference the various publicly available data sources to figure out where he is.

If he's really concerned about it then maybe he should hire a better security team?

Also, if I tweet "Kevin Durant is currently playing in Barclay's Center", does that violate the new T&Cs?

From what I understand - he blocked his coordinates from being publicly available but they were still published anyways.

And regarding Durant, it’s not hard to distinguish a public performance from times that privacy is seeked and expected.
Visibly Jewish

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2022, 01:46:47 AM »
From what I understand - he blocked his coordinates from being publicly available but they were still published anyways.
Musk’s plane and many others are on the LADD block list, which removes identifying information from the data.

Even blocked planes aren't truly private, though. In these cases, Sweeney uses data from the ADS-B transponders present on most aircraft which show a plane’s location in the air in real time as charted on the ADS-B Exchange. Parsing this information is like a logic puzzle: Sweeney’s bots can use a plane’s altitude, combined with how long ago the data was received, to determine when it is taking off or landing. They can then cross-reference latitude and longitude with a database of airports to determine where the plane is leaving or headed. And though Sweeney’s bots can’t pull from blocked FAA data to figure out where a plane plans to go, they can cross-reference the real-time ADS-B data with another website that posts anonymized versions of the FAA flight plans. This allows the bot to match the plane it is tracking in real time to the anonymized FAA flight plans and determine each plane’s intended destination. This information is all entirely public, and can be used to track most private aircraft.

It’s a loophole in high-profile security
From here https://www.protocol.com/amp/elon-musk-flight-tracker-2656476191

It's all public, though not the easiest info to find. So if someone is motivated enough to "assassinate" him - they're prob motivated enough to do the necessary work cross referencing. And he should hire a better security team if he's truly concerned. That's why high profile public figures have security teams

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #393 on: December 16, 2022, 02:05:57 AM »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603587970832793600

Many (Most?) of the reporters suspended did not post this info. Some merely reported on the story and mentioned the account.

I'm not crying for them, when others were suspended pre Musk they mocked them and told them to create their own platform. They should do that now.

This is reminiscent of when people telling journalists getting laid off to "learn to code" was hate speech and a bannable offense.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 16, 2022, 07:38:00 AM »

It's all public, though not the easiest info to find. So if someone is motivated enough to "assassinate" him - they're prob motivated enough to do the necessary work cross referencing. And he should hire a better security team if he's truly concerned. That's why high profile public figures have security teams
While the term assassinate does imply a thought out plan. And I agree if someone wanted to they can get this info.

It's the info available to the masses that is the real problem. So many lone nutjobs out there.

Even random Instagram and YouTube influences have had to move and hide their addresses from the public because of stalkers. I can't even imagine what it's like for Elon. But yes. That said he should have a top notch military level security team.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2022, 08:54:47 AM »

If you need to write software and go to extra lengths to uncover info the person *tried to make private*, you're doxxing.

Saying "it's public" when Musk went through the processes available to him to make it not public is a bit disingenuous.

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 16, 2022, 09:01:51 AM »
If you need to write software and go to extra lengths to uncover info the person *tried to make private*, you're doxxing.

Saying "it's public" when Musk went through the processes available to him to make it not public is a bit disingenuous.
I hear.

And I agree it's really creepy - is there any legitimate reason to want to know where him or his jet are at a given time?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 16, 2022, 09:03:06 AM »
I hear.

And I agree it's really creepy - is there any legitimate reason to want to know when him or his jet are at a given time?
What is legitimate? Tabloids are a huge industry, is there a legit reason for that?

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #398 on: December 16, 2022, 09:07:05 AM »

+1 almost all doxxing is from putting together public info to reach a conclusion.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 16, 2022, 09:24:24 AM »
If you are going to claim to be the champion of free speech and transparency that stop with all the crying. This guy has shown to be the exact opposite.