Author Topic: Cleaning Help-Lakewood  (Read 3780 times)

Offline ffam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Cleaning Help-Lakewood
« on: April 12, 2022, 10:00:18 PM »
Looking for housekeeping style cleaning help for over Pesach in Lakewood. Is anyone going away that has someone that would be looking for work over Pesach?
Please PM. TIA

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning Help-Lakewood
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 12:39:34 AM »
cleaning crew?
["-"]

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 08:01:11 AM »
Just don't take your neighbors cleaning help and offer more money.

TIA

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 01:33:16 PM »

TIA
Would you feel that way if you were a person who cleaned for a living?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 01:51:55 PM »
Would you feel that way if you were a person who cleaned for a living?
If I would be cleaning houses for a living I would definitely try to get the most money possible.  but I am not. I am on the employer side not looking to overpay just because of a nasty selfish neighbor.

My neighbor tried taking our cleaning help. all she did was make me pay more as I wasn't ready to give up the help. so neighbor stayed without help, and now I need to pay more.

#TYH

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 01:56:46 PM »
If I would be cleaning houses for a living I would definitely try to get the most money possible.  but I am not. I am on the employer side not looking to overpay just because of a nasty selfish neighbor.

My neighbor tried taking our cleaning help. all she did was make me pay more as I wasn't ready to give up the help. so neighbor stayed without help, and now I need to pay more.
In a capitalist economy, who is that bad for, workers or employers? Neither? Both?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 01:57:43 PM »
I am on the employer side not looking to overpay just because of a nasty selfish neighbor.
Nasty and selfish because they want to pay more to an independent worker so they would work for them?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 02:04:16 PM »
You’re consistent I guess, but I feel like you’re missing a key component of capitalism. If you pay more people will be more likely to work for you. That’s not a bad thing. It improves he plight of workers.

Seriously guys I'm desperate to hire. I have spoke to so many people. I'm not being cheap.  Any tips on how to find a good employee without paying $5000 for a "recruiter"?
Pay more doesn't help when it's a supply issue.

I tried that. I believe I'm very generous and so do my employees(at least I think so) I put the word out and advertise and barely get resumes.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 02:06:08 PM »
You’re consistent I guess, but I feel like you’re missing a key component of capitalism. If you pay more people will be more likely to work for you. That’s not a bad thing. It improves he plight of workers.
Employees looking for better opportunities is one thing.  I would NEVER go to a friend or neighbor and offer their employee more money

Also you seem to have a lot of time as you went through my posts from a year ago.  I know some houses that might need some cleaning help... ;D

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 02:10:21 PM »
Employees looking for better opportunities is one thing.  I would NEVER go to a friend or neighbor and offer their employee more money

Also you seem to have a lot of time as you went through my posts from a year ago.  I know some houses that might need some cleaning help... ;D
I also remembered the same posts that he quoted. :)

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2022, 02:13:58 PM »
I also remembered the same posts that he quoted. :)
lol  look how much available free time there is here.

on a serious note I have no problem paying more.  issue is that I needed to pay more and my neighbor stayed without a helper..

is the reason I pay more because they are better, or the reason is because someone tried taking them away from me.  One I'm ok with and one not

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 02:14:17 PM »
Nasty and selfish because they want to pay more to an independent worker so they would work for them?
Just because it is capitalist doesn't mean that it isn't nasty. The horrible work conditions around in the sweatshops were also capitalist.
I'm sorry if you feel otherwise, but to try and pull someone's employee out from under them at the busiest time of year leaving them scrounging around is definitely nasty.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2022, 02:17:36 PM »
lol  look how much available free time there is here.

"sorry, I can't help clean for pesach now, I am just over my head here"
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 02:21:32 PM »
Just because it is capitalist doesn't mean that it isn't nasty. The horrible work conditions around in the sweatshops were also capitalist.
I'm sorry if you feel otherwise, but to try and pull someone's employee out from under them at the busiest time of year leaving them scrounging around is definitely nasty.
But may in fact be muttar the busiest time of year and assur at other times. Following the logic of the chazon ish  in his אמונה ובטחון, this should clue us in that our sechel is wrong, and the former is less objectionable than the latter.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2022, 02:28:00 PM »
I didn’t say I would do it, and I can understand resentment if someone has a worker year round who gets snatched up by a neighbor just for the time of year it’s most needed. In fact, our regular cleaning lady hasn’t shown up for the last couple of weeks, and I have no doubt she’s being paid more for work elsewhere. BH we have an alternate (whom we pay more) who is filling in nicely.

For a worker to want more money at a surge period where the work is more intense, the market is way higher and they’re being seriously underpaid relative to the market is completely understandable. If you don’t want to pay them more they should definitely have the option to seek work elsewhere. They didn’t sign a contract with anyone, nor did you (you can fire them at will as well if you find a better worker elsewhere, maasim bechol Yom) and every time they show up to your home to work at the regular rate they are making the conscious decision to do so.

The irony of bringing up sweatshops.. giving power to workers is often a good thing, no matter how badly we may think of unions.

We’re both posting on DDF now, but I happen to have remembered your position from that thread which is why I brought them up as they seemed relevant. I’m not going to apologize for my memory ;)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2022, 02:29:11 PM »
But may in fact be muttar the busiest time of year and assur at other times. Following the logic of the chazon ish  in his אמונה ובטחון, this should clue us in that our sechel is wrong, and the former is less objectionable than the latter.
Surge pricing happens in most industries, no reason workers shouldn’t be able to participate in the profit as well. I believe Uber shares surge pricing revenue with the drivers.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2022, 02:34:06 PM »

TIA
Plenty of people go away for yom tov, and their cleaning ladies are available for yom tov.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 02:44:55 PM »
Plenty of people go away for yom tov, and their cleaning ladies are available for yom tov.
then it wouldn't be taking away a neighbors cleaning help. totally not the discussion here
#TYH

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2022, 02:46:17 PM »

For a worker to want more money at a surge period where the work is more intense, the market is way higher and they’re being seriously underpaid relative to the market

What’s the market rate for someone that doesn’t speak English and shows up if they’re interested?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2022, 02:53:17 PM »
What’s the market rate for someone that doesn’t speak English and shows up if they’re interested?
Generally that’s determined by how much people are willing to pay.. see how this works? :)