Author Topic: Libs of Tik Tok  (Read 18549 times)

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Re: Libs of Tik Tok
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2023, 04:21:36 PM »
I don't care about your morals or where you get them from. When you demonize a community base off them then we have a problem.
We got it directly from the Creator of the world. If He doesn't get to dictate right and wrong in your book, there is nothing I can do for you.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Shmueli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2023, 04:24:12 PM »
Are you now calling the LGBT community demons?
Yes. I am calling people who promulgate child sex abuse, demons.

If you sit down for 5 min, and actually watch Libs of TikTok, you would see that is what she is exposing.

Offline Shmueli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2023, 04:26:16 PM »
LGBT
And I beleive you forgot a 'Q' and a '+' at the end.  :)

Like so, LGBTQ+

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2023, 04:28:47 PM »
Yes. I am calling people who promulgate child sex abuse, demons.

If you sit down for 5 min, and actually watch Libs of TikTok, you would see that is what she is exposing.
She is calling a whole community evil and you are trying to pick and choose situations.
You are doing the exact same thing as the NYT and just don't see it.

This is a common problem with religious fanatics. I hope you are not one of them.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Shmueli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2023, 04:32:14 PM »
She is calling a whole community evil and you are trying to pick and choose situations.
You are doing the exact same thing as the NYT and just don't see it.

This is a common problem with religious fanatics. I hope you are not one of them.
Have you watched her stuff for more than 5 min?

Did you decide to call her hateful after seeing only a few carefully selected, and taken out of context, snippets? That would be hypocritical...

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2023, 04:34:25 PM »

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2023, 04:39:33 PM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2023, 06:17:32 PM »
Are you now calling the LGBT community demons?
I AM
(if anyone here cares)

without getting into each person personally, and mixing in to what he will answer one day to the one above for his own personal shortfalls, the COMMUNITY is most definitely DEMONIC.

the COMMUNITY has made it their life goal to brainwash the world and to drag society into their mud.
the COMMUNITY promotes harming children irreversibly.
the COMMUNITY zealously promotes immorality as if it were a holy mission.
the COMMUNITY is trying to make the vast majority of normal healthy people on this planet feel guilty for not being sick as they are

if that doesnt make them demons, then what would?

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2023, 06:20:39 PM »
And I beleive you forgot a 'Q' and a '+' at the end.  :)

Like so, LGBTQ+
btw what do they plan on doing after they finish the alphabet?

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2023, 06:23:52 PM »
btw what do they plan on doing after they finish the alphabet?
Alpha Α   α
Beta   Β   β
Gamma Γ   γ
Delta   Δ   δ
Etc.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2023, 06:31:52 PM »
Alpha Αα
BetaΒβ
Gamma Γγ
DeltaΔδ
Etc.
Don't leave out Omicron.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2023, 06:36:16 PM »
Don't leave out Omicron.
That is actually the only one that both the capital and lowercase are indistinguishable from English letters in common fonts.

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2023, 08:59:19 PM »
You are all blinded. I have no issue with your personal beliefs. I have an issue demonizing a community based on them. What part don't you understand?
Their counter point would be that precisely what defines them as a “community” is what they are against. If one were to form a community of human cannibals and call it the “HC community” many would call them all evil as they believe the defining attribute of that community is evil, despite the fact that it is made up of individuals who are no doubt worthy of compassion and kindness. “Community” is a social construct and has no true meaning.

They’re attacking “LGBTQ individuals”. You’re defending “the LGBTQ community”.

(I’m not participating in this, just helpfully pointing out something you guys might have missed as you were talking past each other)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2023, 09:04:29 PM »
As a simple example, I doubt most liberals would have a problem demonizing the NRA despite the fact that is a “community” composed of tens of millions of American individuals from all walks of life.

Source: quotes from every Democrat politician to take office in the last 20 years.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2023, 09:12:02 PM »
A simple example: I doubt most liberals would have a problem demonizing “the NRA” despite the fact that is a “community” composed of tens of millions of American individuals from all walks of life.

The nra is a specific organization with members, a mission, etc. If I say the nra is evil, that doesn't mean the individual  members are evil.

Calling LGBTQ people a "community" is already not accurate, it's like when people speak about black or Jewish people as the black community, as if there are monthly meetings where all blacks or Jews decide on things.

Then calling the entire "community" evil is definitely calling the individuals evil, as there is no "community" or organization with a charter that you could be defining as evil.

FTR: I don't know if she did that, or only appeared to do that in selectively edited clips. I did not, and will not, watch the interview.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2023, 09:18:02 PM »

The nra is a specific organization with members, a mission, etc. If I say the nra is evil, that doesn't mean the individual  members are evil.
Poor example, agreed.

Calling LGBTQ people a "community" is already not accurate, it's like when people speak about black or Jewish people as the black community, as if there are monthly meetings where all blacks or Jews decide on things.

Then calling the entire "community" evil is definitely calling the individuals evil, as there is no "community" or organization with a charter that you could be defining as evil.

FTR: I don't know if she did that, or only appeared to do that in selectively edited clips. I did not, and will not, watch the interview.
I’m not sure if you are agreeing with my point or not.

My point: You can argue that saying “I dislike the fact that LGBTQ people are X” with X being a defining feature of LGBTQ people may not be considered “demonizing a community” as the community is a social construct with X actually being the common variable that binds those people together.

Do you agree? I too am not participating in the broader discussion and don’t follow LOT closely.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2023, 10:32:22 PM »
So it now has come to not only is the community evil, but they are demons also.  ::)

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2023, 11:25:36 PM »
So it now has come to not only is the community evil, but they are demons also.  ::)

I didn't opine on the issue, I think it's a silly discussion with everyone using different parameters.

You still haven't answered if you watched the whole interview where she said this or the edited clip.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2023, 12:02:30 AM »
I hope this isn’t a response to me, as I’m not participating in the discussion at all.

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2023, 07:43:00 AM »
I don't know if this story is true, but the point is a true point.

Apparently, the White House referred to Christmas Trees as Holiday Trees for the first time this year, which prompted CBS presenter Steven Levy to present this piece.

The following was written by Steven Levy and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

My confession:

I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat...

Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to.

In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.

In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc.. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school... The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Steven Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about.. And we said okay.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Are you laughing yet?

Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it.

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Pass it on if you think it has merit.
If not, then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.
I decided to send it on. Will you?