Author Topic: jersey care  (Read 243705 times)

Offline notyettaken

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: jersey care
« Reply #1120 on: December 11, 2023, 11:44:08 PM »
Is it necessary to complete renewal if I'm definitely not eligible. Or should I just wait and be knocked off for not recertifying.

you will not be able to buy insurance without a "qualifying event". Getting kicked of because you are not eligible is a "qualifying event". Getting kicked off because you didn't respond in time is not.
Also it takes time for them to review and you have free insurance until they do.

Offline moishe1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 03, 2024, 04:43:46 PM »
On the topic of jersey care and supplemental insurance.
Does anyone have guidance for a good plan that I can get on top of Jersey care if my wife is pregnant? Last time around, I had Horizon Omnia Silver, and it cost me 2500 at the time of birth in addition to the heft premiums. Trying to see if there is a better option.

Offline yoohoo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 03, 2024, 04:59:28 PM »
Does anyone have guidance for a good plan that I can get on top of Jersey care if my wife is pregnant? Last time around, I had Horizon Omnia Silver, and it cost me 2500 at the time of birth in addition to the heft premiums. Trying to see if there is a better option.
isnt JC free?

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 03, 2024, 05:15:28 PM »
Jersey care?
Sounds like a marketplace policy.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1124 on: January 03, 2024, 05:57:36 PM »
Did she have both last time? If she has both, the JerseyCare plan should cover the deductible from the Omnia plan.

(If the OB doesn't take JerseyCare, you can ask them to wait to bill for the delivery until after the hospital bills, so the hospital will fill up the deductible but that part of the bill gets covered by JerseyCare)
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline moishe1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: January 08, 2024, 12:36:27 PM »
Did she have both last time? If she has both, the JerseyCare plan should cover the deductible from the Omnia plan.

(If the OB doesn't take JerseyCare, you can ask them to wait to bill for the delivery until after the hospital bills so that the hospital will fill up the deductible but that part of the bill gets covered by JerseyCare)

She has both, and the OB does not take JerseyCare. The doctor bills that Omnia had me shell out $2400 for was not for the hospital but for the visits before the delivery.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1126 on: January 08, 2024, 12:43:06 PM »
She has both, and the OB does not take JerseyCare. The doctor bills that Omnia had me shell out $2400 for was not for the hospital but for the visits before the delivery.
I'm curious if the OB billed before the hospital billed for the delivery. Because I know people who have done this successfully (specifically with Horizon Omnia plans) and one person who got messed up because the hospital was backlogged and billed after the OB.

If you can ask the OB, maybe they would be willing to wait a few extra days to bill.

I guess the other idea would be to spend more money on a plan with a lower deductible.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 13, 2024, 07:36:20 PM »
Has anyone tried adding a newborn after getting a termination letter for the rest of the household?
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 18, 2024, 04:02:32 PM »
I'm curious if the OB billed before the hospital billed for the delivery. Because I know people who have done this successfully (specifically with Horizon Omnia plans) and one person who got messed up because the hospital was backlogged and billed after the OB.

If you can ask the OB, maybe they would be willing to wait a few extra days to bill.

I guess the other idea would be to spend more money on a plan with a lower deductible.
The Drs love doing this, you just need to ask. It's great for them because they know they'll get paid from insurance and don't need to deal with collections.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.