Author Topic: jersey care  (Read 115422 times)

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: jersey care
« Reply #990 on: November 13, 2019, 10:37:57 PM »
anyway to get into Dr. Eilenbergs practice?

::)

Offline greatdeals

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 09, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »
I got a renewal for jersey care and my son who is 20 got his own renewal separately with a different case number
do they usually do that?
when I fill out my application I don't put my son on that got his own renewal?

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 11, 2020, 11:22:48 PM »
Has anyone had experience with using Wellcare in CHOP?

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 18, 2020, 07:53:26 PM »
Is Jersey cares income limit per month or annual? If I make more than the monthly limit one month but less the next month does that disqualify me?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline mendy from lakewood

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 18, 2020, 08:47:33 PM »
Is Jersey cares income limit per month or annual? If I make more than the monthly limit one month but less the next month does that disqualify me?
officials yes you are disqualified for that month and must update your income
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 18, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »
Thanks
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #996 on: January 18, 2020, 09:05:19 PM »
In some cases they will annualize it such as for some self-employed.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 19, 2020, 09:32:52 AM »
In some cases they will annualize it such as for some self-employed.
I spoke to a friend who unfortunately had to deal with a lawyer for this and he was told that even if they let you keep it at the jersey care office that doesnít legally allow you to keep it. Jersey care was not made for self employed where your income varies for month and has a lot of grey area where if you end up in front of a judge you may be liable even if they told you that you can stay on. I left jersey care for this reason even though technically I was eligible.
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 19, 2020, 10:00:46 AM »
I spoke to a friend who unfortunately had to deal with a lawyer for this and he was told that even if they let you keep it at the jersey care office that doesnít legally allow you to keep it. Jersey care was not made for self employed where your income varies for month and has a lot of grey area where if you end up in front of a judge you may be liable even if they told you that you can stay on. I left jersey care for this reason even though technically I was eligible.

might be the right decision, but thats leaving alot of money on the table.

Offline Eliyohu

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 19, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »

I've heard many times that it's annualized, but if one month you realize that it's bringing you over then you need to report it..

Even if you have in writing that it's ok?

If you "qualify" for Jersey Care, you can't even get from the market place, thats really crazy...

Is people ending up in front of a judge common place, and it just doesn't get splashed all over the place? When the major story happened not too long ago, iiuc they basically said don't live a lavish life etc and claim very little income, otherwise you should be ok, we're not coming to find every little discrepancy...

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 19, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
Iíve tried getting jersey care office to put it in writing and they were never willing...

And yes if you terminate yourself from insurance then you will not be eligible for insurance through the market place unless itís open enrollment period.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1001 on: January 19, 2020, 11:18:46 AM »
If you qualify for Jersey Care you can't get marketplace insurance, they will just tell you to contact Jersey Care
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 19, 2020, 12:50:21 PM »
If you qualify for Jersey Care you can't get marketplace insurance, they will just tell you to contact Jersey Care
When applying for the Marketplace you are estimating what you will make for the calendar year. If your estimate is higher than the amount JC eligibility you will be eligible for the Marketplace and potentially a subsidy as well. At the end of the year they were reconcile and you may end up with even a higher subsidy if your income is lower then estimated.

In short if you would like the Marketplace, estimate high. You probably won't get audited but to do it correctly have a reason why you estimated high (expected a bonus, return in an investment, started a side gig etc)

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 19, 2020, 12:59:02 PM »

Iíve tried getting jersey care office to put it in writing and they were never willing...

And yes if you terminate yourself from insurance then you will not be eligible for insurance through the market place unless itís open enrollment period.

They can't really put it in writing as its not the rule technically. Also note that the way the Marketplace operates doesn't align exactly with Jersey Care.

Having said that, it's doubtful they will ever go after somebody who for example won  5k dollars in a lottery in one month. Reporting it would help the case yet it only makes you honest but fails to make you actually eligible. However an individual who lives a lavish lifestyle because he owns a building on fifth avenue but due to accounting methods is officially losing money, they will then use this technicality to say you were ineligible despite the fact you reported it.

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 19, 2020, 01:01:58 PM »
Did your friend win 5k one month in the Oorah Auction? Or was he wheeling and dealing all the while attempting on staying within the rules to remain technically eligible for wellfare?