Author Topic: chase business card applications?  (Read 10294 times)

Offline jimmy1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
chase business card applications?
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »
Is it true that business card closings don't effect credit scores ? i know payment are not reported to credit agencies.

i am thinking of  doing 2 browser trick for chase SW biz and maybe chase ink bold biz cards. Can i get approved for 2 biz cards? will they call to ask me what business i have?
the chase ink requires $5k spend requirement, any other chase biz cards with lesser spend requirement?

the points programs of chase ink bold is same as the points  of chase freedom card? will i be able to transfer points between these 2 cards?

thanks

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: chase business card applications?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
Is it true that business card closings don't effect credit scores ? i know payment are not reported to credit agencies.

i am thinking of  doing 2 browser trick for chase SW biz and maybe chase ink bold biz cards. Can i get approved for 2 biz cards? will they call to ask me what business i have?
the chase ink requires $5k spend requirement, any other chase biz cards with lesser spend requirement?

the points programs of chase ink bold is same as the points  of chase freedom card? will i be able to transfer points between these 2 cards?

thanks

All of your questions have been answered a bunch of times on DDF. But because I'm feeling altruistic:

To your first question:

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=387.msg4029#msg4029 and
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=6255.msg70253#msg70253

--Yes you can be approved for two business cards.
--No, there is no other Chase Business card with a lesser spend requirement, IIRC. But why limit yourself to business? The Sapphire Preferred has 50K UR for $3,000 spend.
--Yes, when you get the Bold it will allow you to transfer your UR points to partners.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline jimmy1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:24:51 PM »
All of your questions have been answered a bunch of times on DDF. But because I'm feeling altruistic:

To your first question:

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=387.msg4029#msg4029 and
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=6255.msg70253#msg70253

--Yes you can be approved for two business cards.
--No, there is no other Chase Business card with a lesser spend requirement, IIRC. But why limit yourself to business? The Sapphire Preferred has 50K UR for $3,000 spend.
--Yes, when you get the Bold it will allow you to transfer your UR points to partners.

thank you for the answers,
 i wanted to limit myself to biz cards cos i will be closing them when the annual fee  comes up  and since they are biz cards, they may not hurt my score for canceling?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
Personal cards won't hurt you for cancelling as long as you transfer the credit lines to other cards before you cancel.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jimmy1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 11:29:00 PM »
Personal cards won't hurt you for cancelling as long as you transfer the credit lines to other cards before you cancel.
Dan , the boss with most cards i guess,

do you ever cancel the cards after you get the bonus points/rewards?

are you too smart to not get blacklisted by card companies?
 :)

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »

Did you miss this?

Why are you screaming?  Take it easy. Many people on this forum have churned dozens ofcards without a problem.
  In rare instances they will blacklist someone,  and even then we don't know that churning was the cause.
+1

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:43:17 PM »

You obviously haven't done too much reading over. Just take a peek at the threads in the cc section and you will see that Dan has opened and closed hundreds of cards over the last few years.

There aren't that many banks out there so Dan - and the rest of the churners on here- are doing this at the same bank over and over.

Please stop with the "blacklist" thing. It doesn't make you sound very knowledgeable.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 11:50:32 PM »
I find it somewhat disingenuous to keep comparing Dan to the rest of us.

Yes, he's successfully churned hundreds of cards. But to think he has just as much of a chance of being blacklisted by, say, Chase is a farce, IMHO.

He refers, what I'm rather sure is, hundreds of Chase cards a year. That's nothing to sniff at. He probably has contacts you or I do not have. And he probably has pull at Chase the likes of which you or I do not have either.

And, even if he DOES get blacklisted, you don't think the above-mentioned differences are going to help get him out of the black-hole?

#notbuyingit

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »
Hundreds of chase cards a year?  That would be impressive!

At any rate I've never used a contact to get a card approved or get out of a "blacklist."  Fact is a very small percentage of DDF'ers have been blacklisted, much less than fwf AARP abusers.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 12:17:27 AM »
Hundreds of chase cards a year?  That would be impressive!

Take a look at the Chase Recon thread... It's gotta be at least dozens.

Add in all the other issuers, and it's gotta be 200+ over the course of 2011.

But how much money you make is irrelevant; it's not the point. The point is the fiscal currency you've built up with the issuers is an amount no other member on DDF can even close to touching. Period.

At any rate I've never used a contact to get a card approved or get out of a "blacklist."

Also nearly irrelevant to my point. In fact it may tend to prove it.

You've never been blacklisted (don't know about F/R). That could be because you don't do anything to trigger an F/R or AA, or it could be because your the "CEO of DansDeals.com", or it could be a function of both. We don't know.

And you not using a contact to get out of a blacklist is immaterial because you haven't BEEN AA'd.

Suffice it to say, Dan ≠ rest of DDF when it comes to this issue.

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 12:27:31 AM »
Fact is a very small percentage of DDF'ers have been blacklisted, much less than fwf AARP abusers.
How about producing some facts to back this up. That is like me saying more have been blacklisted for doing 2/3BM than AARP abusers. Please stop with the misinformation. I can tell you for a fact so far there is no correlation between what you call AARP abusers and blacklisting.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 12:51:10 AM »
I can tell you for a fact so far there is no correlation between what you call AARP abusers and blacklisting.
Lol...you must be joking.  Did you miss the B/L threads on fwf?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »
You've never been blacklisted (don't know about F/R). That could be because you don't do anything to trigger an F/R or AA, or it could be because your the "CEO of DansDeals.com", or it could be a function of both. We don't know.

Suffice it to say, Dan ≠ rest of DDF when it comes to this issue.
Right, because the Chase A/A algorithm knows I run a site called DD ::)

And if according to you doing 3BMs and lots of apps can cause A/A then I do exactly what should trigger an A/A, so how exactly do I avoid them.  Unless the 3BM doesn't actually solely cause the A/A in the first place and it has to do more with outstanding credit, with which I am indeed extremely careful and pay off my bills on a daily basis.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »
Lol...you must be joking.  Did you miss the B/L threads on fwf?
Did you PM every one of those members to get the real story? Sorry you are out of your league on this one.

Example: One member claimed he was blacklisted because he bought GC’s with his AARP card. Since I bought ten times the amount he claimed I found this to be strange. Come to find out the month before he maxed out two cards with BT’s. About a week after they pulled his report for a routine credit review he gets blacklisted.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 01:00:47 AM »
Right, because the Chase A/A algorithm knows I run a site called DD ::)

Yes, the entire A/A department at Chase is run by computers. [Cue scene from I, Robot threatening all of humanity.]

There's probably no review, interaction, or oversight by what are they called again... right: people.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »
Yes, the entire A/A department at Chase is run by computers. [Cue scene from I, Robot threatening all of humanity.]

There's probably no review, interaction, or oversight by what are they called again... right: people.
You think A/As and F/Rs are manually triggered ???
Even if they were, you think that in my credit file it says that I'm "CEO at DansDeals."  Those guys couldn't care less!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »
You think A/As and F/Rs are manually triggered ???

Nope. Nothing in my post even suggested that.

The entire department not being run by computers ≠ the department is devoid of computers.

Even if they were, you think that in my credit file it says that I'm "CEO at DansDeals."  Those guys couldn't care less!

Nope. But again, this time without the dripping sarcasm:

Offline jimmy1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 01:26:47 AM »
do you get   instant approval for the CHASE biz cards like personal cards approval ( provided that you have excellent credit history) or you always have to call to answer questions about your business  to get approved for biz cards?

i can just tell them i do business on ebay?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 01:29:21 AM »
do you get   instant approval for the CHASE biz cards like personal cards approval ( provided that you have excellent credit history) or you always have to call to answer questions about your business  to get approved for biz cards?

That's a good question. Has anyone on here been automagically approved for a Chase biz card?

And specifically for the Chase INK Bold?

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 01:35:10 AM »

i can just tell them i do business on ebay?
Received instant approvals for both AARP and Ink Bold. Apps were about six months apart. I do have legit businesses.