Author Topic: Advanced feature listed incorrectly on lower model  (Read 723 times)

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Advanced feature listed incorrectly on lower model
« on: May 04, 2022, 12:08:21 PM »
Homedepot incorrectly stipulates on the listing for a basic model of an appliance that it includes an advanced feature that is actually only included on the advanced model that costs $150 more. It is stipulated clearly with image and text in the product overview section of the listing.
The listing page does not actually include the model number but when it is placed into the cart it shows the model number as being the basic model that doe not include the feature, which makes sense considering the price.

Is there any way that if I purchase the item they would fulfill it with the higher model that includes the feature since they stipulate on the listing page that it includes that feature?

If yes, how would one go about making it happen?

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
Re: Advanced feature listed incorrectly on lower model
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 01:18:50 PM »
highly unlikely.  The fine print on the website likely says they are not responsible for typos or errors...

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 01:30:07 PM »
Thanks for replying!

Does that mean that if I would order it and then once they deliver it contact them saying that it does not include the feature they said it includes they could tell me bad luck, they are not responsible? Or they would have to take a return even though it is a non-returnable item?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 01:36:45 PM by YG »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 01:43:19 PM »
It値l be a headache either way and the chances are unlikely that they値l send you the $150 item or credit you $150.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 02:19:52 PM »
It値l be a headache either way
Thanks!  I figured that either way it would probably be such a headache it is unlikely to be worth the possible savings and ordered the machine that has the feature I want.

they値l send you the $150 item or credit you $150.
Its a different model appliance, so a credit would not help and there isn't a way to correct the error by sending the missing feature.

The LG WM3600HWA washing machine is $798 the WM4000HWA is $948. The substantial difference between them is that the 4000 has Turbowash 360 and the 3600 does not. Home Depot's listing for the WM3600HWA says that it has Turbowash 360 which it does not. If someone who specifically wants the Turbowash 360 feature were to purchase the WM3600HWA based on their description the only real resolution would be for them to accept a return.

I already purchased the 4000 model with the Turbowash 360 feature that I want, I'm stam curious whether they would accept a return or if they would rely on their fine print and say bad luck, which would genuinely be very unfair and unreasonable.

I think @AsherO is right
DUH!
That's a given...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 02:27:09 PM »
The fact that you purchased and already got the more expensive item only complicates things further in that you might end up stuck with two machines.

DUH!
That's a given...

It痴 not a given that @biobook thinks I知 right, see @S209痴 signature :D
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 02:37:30 PM »
The fact that you purchased and already got the more expensive item only complicates things further in that you might end up stuck with two machines.
I'm not planning to buy the cheaper one.  When I say that I already purchased the more expensive one I mean that I ordered the more expensive one today after deciding that trying to get it under the cheaper listing would not be worth my while.

It痴 not a given that @biobook thinks I知 right

Touche

@AsherO is right
THAT is a given . . .
 8)