Author Topic: 13 year old traveling alone in economy  (Read 4490 times)

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: 13 year old traveling alone in economy
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2022, 10:29:05 PM »
So don´t give your opinion if he didn´t ask for it.
Please read up thread and then..
any apolgies/brachos coming?

Offline Choshive Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: JetBlue BLUE BASIC (BASIC ECONOMY), Walmart+ free trial, Amazon prime free trial, Spirit Airlines banned passengers list, Lufthansa Jewish Baseball cap wearer Status,
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2022, 10:56:23 PM »
Please read up thread and then..
I read the entire thread. You say you only gave your opinion because you were asked, but you were only asked because you asked to give your opinion. To judge someone because a different person asked you to doesn´t mean it´s right.
koshermyphone.com

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2022, 10:58:49 PM »
I read the entire thread. You say you only gave your opinion because you were asked, but you were only asked because you asked to give your opinion. To judge someone because a different person asked you to doesn´t mean it´s right.
He wasn't referring to the OP. Was referring to this idea in general.

Offline Choshive Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: JetBlue BLUE BASIC (BASIC ECONOMY), Walmart+ free trial, Amazon prime free trial, Spirit Airlines banned passengers list, Lufthansa Jewish Baseball cap wearer Status,
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2022, 11:15:13 PM »
He wasn't referring to the OP. Was referring to this idea in general.
I still feel that it causes the OP to feel bad, and that itś the wrong time to ´randomly´ share your thoughts (if you don´t know the full story) about the ´hypothetical´ situation. If it is all hypothetical anyway, why give your opinion?
koshermyphone.com

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 12:45:06 AM »
I didn't ask to give. I offered, and it was taken up on. We've already discussed judging and how that is absolutely impossible on a public forum. I apologize if anyone was offended, clearly not my intention.

General statement that may help you understand where I'm coming from: I joined DDF on day 1, 14 years ago, and I've been pretty active throughout. At that time it was a much smaller community of individuals that I found to be refreshing, honest engaging and frank. with an emphasis on travel and points and credit cards, and with some serious brains and talent. And a distinct lack of 'snowflake'ness. 
Parts of that chevra is long gone, (I'm talking to you @Freddie and @Marco Polo) and others like @henche and @TimT have dropped out to a large degree. (Last I checked @Dan and @aygart and @ExGingi are still here).  I miss the frank, open and sometimes life changing discussions that were had with individuals that I likely never would have met in my day to day life - a Ben Torah in Pittsburgh, a lawyer in Boston, a utility whiz / talmid chacham in Lakewood. Most of us didn't and don't know each other IRL, and therefore opinions are perforce general and not specific and definitely not judgmental, but a discussion could be had, and it came with the territory.
Those days seem to be behind us. I apologize for any offense to OP and all of OP's defenders.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 07:43:58 AM »
Those days seem to be behind us.
Disagree. :)

You can still have a honest, refreshing discussion here.

Regarding the older members coming and going, everyone has different demands on their time in different stages of life and people will leave and come back hopefully at some point.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2022, 09:54:02 AM »
I miss the frank, open and sometimes life changing discussions that were had with individuals that I likely never would have met in my day to day life - a Ben Torah in Pittsburgh, a lawyer in Boston, a utility whiz / talmid chacham in Lakewood. Most of us didn't and don't know each other IRL, and therefore opinions are perforce general and not specific and definitely not judgmental, but a discussion could be had, and it came with the territory.

Best Ofed for the great description of how we learn from each other here, though I disagree that the days are behind us. The characters and dynamics may change, but the opportunity to discuss and discover remains. "Ah mol is Amalek"

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2022, 12:06:44 PM »
I didn't ask to give. I offered, and it was taken up on. We've already discussed judging and how that is absolutely impossible on a public forum. I apologize if anyone was offended, clearly not my intention.
You offered your opinion and then I asked for it, precisely because I wanted to hear your/others’ thoughts on the topic. Perhaps I should have opened a new thread to discuss it so as to be more sensitive to OPs feelings but it was on topic and DDF is known for popcorn threads. You didn’t do anything wrong, the thread title and question begged for DDF style commentary, and there’s no need to apologize.

(Not to discount anyone’s opinion and newbies are always welcome but the one poster who engaged with you started posting about a month ago. It’s possible they haven’t been around DDF long enough to know how it goes)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Choshive Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2022, 12:07:34 PM »

General statement that may help you understand where I'm coming from: I joined DDF on day 1, 14 years ago, and I've been pretty active throughout. At that time it was a much smaller community of individuals that I found to be refreshing, honest engaging and frank. with an emphasis on travel and points and credit cards, and with some serious brains and talent. And a distinct lack of 'snowflake'ness. 
Parts of that chevra is long gone, (I'm talking to you @Freddie and @Marco Polo) and others like @henche and @TimT have dropped out to a large degree. (Last I checked @Dan and @aygart and @ExGingi are still here).  I miss the frank, open and sometimes life changing discussions that were had with individuals that I likely never would have met in my day to day life - a Ben Torah in Pittsburgh, a lawyer in Boston, a utility whiz / talmid chacham in Lakewood. Most of us didn't and don't know each other IRL, and therefore opinions are perforce general and not specific and definitely not judgmental, but a discussion could be had, and it came with the territory.
Those days seem to be behind us. I apologize for any offense to OP and all of OP's defenders.
In that case, I apologize. I have far less experience here and I guess i don't really know how exactly things go. Sorry. I didn't get that feeling that when someone asks a technical question it's okay to post your opinions on what he's doing, but I now clearly see I was wrong, I stand corrected, and am certainly not trying to come and decide how this forum should be run.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 12:11:25 PM by Choshive Yid »
koshermyphone.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2022, 12:08:32 PM »
In that case, I apologize. I have far less axperience here and I guess i don't really know how exactly things go. Sorry
You offered your opinion and then I asked for it, precisely because I wanted to hear your/others’ thoughts on the topic. Perhaps I should have opened a new thread to discuss it so as to be more sensitive to OPs feelings but it was on topic and DDF is known for popcorn threads. You didn’t do anything wrong, the thread title and question begged for DDF style commentary, and there’s no need to apologize.

(Not to discount anyone’s opinion and newbies are always welcome but the one poster who engaged with you started posting about a month ago. It’s possible they haven’t been around DDF long enough to know how it goes)
You don’t really need to apologize either. You’ll pick up more as you go along.

Welcome to DDF! :)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2022, 12:19:19 PM »
@TimT have dropped out to a large degree.
Life’s curveballs. I do apologize

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2022, 12:20:47 PM »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2022, 01:10:36 PM »
I miss the frank, open and sometimes life changing discussions that were had with individuals that I likely never would have met in my day to day life - a Ben Torah in Pittsburgh, a lawyer in Boston, a utility whiz / talmid chacham in Lakewood. Most of us didn't and don't know each other IRL, and therefore opinions are perforce general and not specific and definitely not judgmental, but a discussion could be had, and it came with the territory.
Those days seem to be behind us.

I hear that. Even nostalgia isn't as good as it used to be