Author Topic: Trip From Israel to South Africa. Spending a day in Doha?  (Read 631 times)

Offline Meilech

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Trip From Israel to South Africa. Spending a day in Doha?
« on: May 17, 2022, 08:15:01 AM »
I'm travelling to South Africa for a wedding after Shavuos from Israel.
Trying to pack in as much as possible into one week, I'd like to fly First/Business AMM-DOH-JNB on Qatar and am thinking of spending a day in Doha.
Can anyone shed some light as to travel to Doha unvaccinated? I've read online experiences about the difficulty with the Ehteraz permit system even for the vaccinated.
Ehteraz also requires registering using a local sim card for tracking and tracing while in Qatar. I can't see it making sense to get a sim card for a 1 day visit.
Any experience or knowledge would be most welcome

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Trip From Israel to South Africa. Spending a day in Doha?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 06:08:50 PM »
I'm travelling to South Africa for a wedding after Shavuos from Israel.
Trying to pack in as much as possible into one week, I'd like to fly First/Business AMM-DOH-JNB on Qatar and am thinking of spending a day in Doha.
Can anyone shed some light as to travel to Doha unvaccinated? I've read online experiences about the difficulty with the Ehteraz permit system even for the vaccinated.
Ehteraz also requires registering using a local sim card for tracking and tracing while in Qatar. I can't see it making sense to get a sim card for a 1 day visit.
Any experience or knowledge would be most welcome

Ehteraz app will work in Qatar on an international sim card, as like as you have international roaming / data. However, you would need a PCR test prior to departure to Qatar, unless you are a GCC or EU Citizen, and on arrival you will need another PCR test and 5 days hotel quarantine.