Author Topic: Three week trip  (Read 1302 times)

Offline 81054

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Three week trip
« on: May 23, 2022, 09:47:36 PM »
Any good ideas for a 3 week trip in July? Would ideally have food/restaurant to get food. Where should I base myself?
Thanks

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Three week trip
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 09:21:00 AM »
Any good ideas for a 3 week trip in July? Would ideally have food/restaurant to get food. Where should I base myself?
Thanks

You’re going to have a hard time getting good answers asking such a vague question.

You don’t specify your budget, your preferably attractions, how many travelers and of what age(s), preferred modes of transportation, etc.

Without context, the world is your oyster. Nobody here will plan your trip from A-Z from scratch.

There are endless destinations with discussions/TRs on DDF, read up on those, find a few that catch your eye, and ask relevant questions in those threads.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 09:31:45 AM »
Considering that food is the one item mentioned I assume one pizza shop and takeout don't fit the bill. That narrowed it down significantly
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 10:02:59 AM »
Considering that food is the one item mentioned I assume one pizza shop and takeout don't fit the bill. That narrowed it down significantly

Is it a vacation to relocate for three weeks to a major North American metro area that has a large Jewish community? Maybe the OP should look for a house swap?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 10:17:45 AM »
Is it a vacation to relocate for three weeks to a major North American metro area that has a large Jewish community? Maybe the OP should look for a house swap?

I can see people from NYC/LAX/MIA/YYZ etc. vacationing for 3 weeks based out of one of the others. Then there are also mid sized communities that may have adequate resources too.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline 81054

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 07:29:47 PM »
Thanks. I was thinking about europe (Spain and/or Portugal). Would like to keep to reasonable budget rather than join a 10 day 15-20k group tour. Is there enough to do there?  How’s the kosher situation as we (wife and I) will get sick of our own food after 3-4 days. Open to anywhere that can keep a mix of action/relax for 2-3 weeks. Thanks

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 10:17:09 PM »
Thanks. I was thinking about europe (Spain and/or Portugal).
I'm heading to Portugal for 3 weeks. It's budget friendly compared to most other Western European destinations. Kosher food is only available in Lisbon and Porto, and you won't have what to do for 3 weeks if you stick to only those two areas.
My plan is to cover Mainland Portugal + Madeira. My trip consists of 1) history (castles and pre-inquisition Jewish communities), 2) nature such as hiking, beaches, and wine country, and 3) cities such as Lisbon and Porto, as well as a few smaller ones.
I originally planned on doing 5 weeks with the last 2 weeks in Azores, but I have a scheduling conflict so I was forced to cut it short.
I have an extensive itinerary worked out with a lot of information that the local Jewish communities were kind enough to share, so feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 12:34:47 AM »
Thanks. I was thinking about europe (Spain and/or Portugal). Would like to keep to reasonable budget rather than join a 10 day 15-20k group tour. Is there enough to do there?  How’s the kosher situation as we (wife and I) will get sick of our own food after 3-4 days. Open to anywhere that can keep a mix of action/relax for 2-3 weeks. Thanks
I'm partial to Italy. There are many different regions and cities to keep things interesting. Rome has great food! Venice has abundant food. Other areas have adequate food.
Check out  The Italy Master Thread.
The wiki in that thread has links to some Italian cities threads.  There's also Lake Como area, Tuscany
My favorite cause: cssy.org