Author Topic: Eligible to sit for NJ CPA exam with masters in Talmud and 48 credits  (Read 2311 times)

Offline shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi,
It should be known that you only need to spend a couple thousand by taking 16 exams worth 3 credits each, and are relatively easy. As long as you have a masters in rabbinical studies  and possibly just a bachelors in Talmud or similar. NJ requires 24 accounting credits and 24 business credits on top of your degree. You can take these credits on study.com and/or coppersmith on your own time. You can study with the summary they give you and pass these tests. You値l be surprised that some are very easy. I did this and have already sat for a CPA exam. You can pass all these exams in a few months or less if you have more time.

Offline frum poster

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
after getting license in nj could you practice in ny?

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Hi,
It should be known that you only need to spend a couple thousand by taking 16 exams worth 3 credits each, and are relatively easy. As long as you have a masters in rabbinical studies  and possibly just a bachelors in Talmud or similar. NJ requires 24 accounting credits and 24 business credits on top of your degree. You can take these credits on study.com and/or coppersmith on your own time. You can study with the summary they give you and pass these tests. You値l be surprised that some are very easy. I did this and have already sat for a CPA exam. You can pass all these exams in a few months or less if you have more time.
basically don稚 trust accountants in New Jersey ;)

(IM JOKING!)
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Isn't this basically what the PCS course does?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Yes.

Offline shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Isn't this basically what the PCS course does?
The PCS course is a masters in accounting which is valuable in its own right - even if you never become a CPA.

Offline shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
basically don稚 trust accountants in New Jersey ;)

(IM JOKING!)
This just allows you to sit for the CPA exams, you still need to pass them to become a CPA.

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
This just allows you to sit for the CPA exams, you still need to pass them to become a CPA.
yes yes i understand the cpa exams arent a walk in the park. ive done the cope course for accounting in bp that also does an excellent job at prepairing you for the exam so not bashing the excelerated ways
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

You can get a license in any state, all while taking the exams in NJ testing centers. Many states sitting requirements are more lax and therefore many go that route. There are employers that prefer/require you get licensed in the state you work in.

Offline drosenberg88429

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
The PCS course is a masters in accounting which is valuable in its own right - even if you never become a CPA.

Will getting a job as an accountant be difficult with a CPA but no masters in accounting or business?

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
Hi,

Do you have to transfer these courses to a college to convert them into credits? Which college can be used for that?

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
Hi,

PA seems even easier, btw. Only need 24 credit hours in prerequisite subjects.

Offline shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Do you have to transfer these courses to a college to convert them into credits? Which college can be used for that?
https://www.excelsior.edu/policy/excelsior-college-onetranscript/

Offline shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Will getting a job as an accountant be difficult with a CPA but no masters in accounting or business?
https://forum.another71.com/forum/welcome-cpa-exam-forum/ot-off-topic/topic/cpa-vs-masters/

I think it's safe to say that if someone self-taught themselves enough information to pass the CPA exam, they'd probably be someone you'd want to hire.

Offline shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Hi,
It's also worth noting, that if you specifically want a masters degree in accounting. The cost for a masters in accounting is about 11k and it's also AACSB accredited, which puts it right on par with FDU (college used by PCS) https://www.fdu.edu/program/ms-accounting/
Although it shows that you need a bachelors in accounting, they might allow a Bachelors in Talmud along with these 5 courses which you should be able to take on your own.  I can't say this for sure, you'd need to check with them, but that was the impression that I got when I spoke to them about it. Intermediate Accounting I and II. Cost Accounting, Auditing. Most of these can be taken on Study.com and Coopersmith.
Income Taxation - TESU has a way of getting 3 credits for Tax - https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=ACC-421

Offline shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
It's also worth noting, that if you specifically want a masters degree in accounting. This college https://online.emporia.edu/programs/macc.aspx  costs about 11k for a masters in accounting and it's also AACSB accredited, which puts it right on par with FDU (college used by PCS) https://www.fdu.edu/program/ms-accounting/
Although it shows that you need a bachelors in accounting, they might allow a Bachelors in Talmud along with these 5 courses which you should be able to take on your own.  I can't say this for sure, you'd need to check with them, but that was the impression that I got when I spoke to them about it. Intermediate Accounting I and II. Cost Accounting, Auditing. Most of these can be taken on Study.com and Coopersmith.
Income Taxation - TESU has a way of getting 3 credits for Tax - https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=ACC-421
Forgot to mention the name of the college :) 

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
yes yes i understand the cpa exams arent a walk in the park. ive done the cope course for accounting in bp that also does an excellent job at prepairing you for the exam so not bashing the excelerated ways
Still doesn't help one learn how to spell. ;)
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.