Author Topic: HTC Coming Out With New Sprint Phone?  (Read 49626 times)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: HTC Coming Out With New Sprint Phone?
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »
They are being shipped by the manufacturer directly to them. Do you think they will use horse and buggy to ship to wirefly as opposed to UPS? Unless there is already a shortage of evo's (not likely - not yet an iphone) I don't see why wirefly will take 'who know's how long'.
I remember the original Evo "backorder" so horse and buggy or not it could take "who knows how long".
I don't really know how this get played out behind the scenes.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Brookleneze

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »
Wow, amazing. Thanks for the info.

But, I'm not sure it's worth the $20 to not use an AmEx...
why amex?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2012, 11:21:11 PM »
Warranties.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Brookleneze

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »
Warranties.
isn't that only if the product comes with a warranty amex doubles it?
cellphones don't come with warranties usually so amex wouldn't make a difference if my above statement is correct. otherwise, why would sprint offer monthly insurance?

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: HTC Coming Out With New Sprint Phone?
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2012, 11:27:18 PM »
isn't that only if the product comes with a warranty amex doubles it?
cellphones don't come with warranties usually so amex wouldn't make a difference if my above statement is correct. otherwise, why would sprint offer monthly insurance?

Cellphones have a warranty.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2012, 11:27:24 PM »
Setting aside whether you're correct about cell phones coming with warranties, you're neglecting to consider return protection, purchase protection, etc.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Brookleneze

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: HTC Coming Out With New Sprint Phone?
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »
Cellphones have a warranty.
very limited, What exactly do they cover. and would amex cover only what the manufacturers cover?

Offline Brookleneze

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2012, 11:31:16 PM »
Setting aside whether you're correct about cell phones coming with warranties, you're neglecting to consider return protection, purchase protection, etc.
what are those? and which amexs cover that? I have a bank of america amex as well as a SPG. will my bofa work for the cashback and protections?

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2012, 12:02:40 AM »
@Brookleneze and AJK:
First of all phones usually do come with a warranty, for example my original Evo came with a 12 month warranty, which covers specifically defects in "material or workmanship that results in product failure".
Having said that, if the phone worked well for 12 months, it probably doesn't have such defects so Amex's warranty is not so hot in this case. Additionally, consider that 10 months after the year is up, you're eligible to upgrade to a new phone, so unless this problem happens within the beginning of the 2nd year, I wouldn't worry too much.
Also, Amex purchase protection and return protection are only good for the 1st 90 days, quite a small window for something to happen.

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2012, 12:24:52 AM »
@Brookleneze and AJK:
First of all phones usually do come with a warranty, for example my original Evo came with a 12 month warranty, which covers specifically defects in "material or workmanship that results in product failure".
Having said that, if the phone worked well for 12 months, it probably doesn't have such defects so Amex's warranty is not so hot in this case. Additionally, consider that 10 months after the year is up, you're eligible to upgrade to a new phone, so unless this problem happens within the beginning of the 2nd year, I wouldn't worry too much.
Also, Amex purchase protection and return protection are only good for the 1st 90 days, quite a small window for something to happen.
also keep in mind that amex won't cover the full price of the phone, at most it'll cover the amount you paid, and that's assuming they cover phones at al

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2012, 01:31:44 AM »
Though do keep in mind that if you have sero or if want to transfer the phone to a different # you will have a problem if you order from wirefly.
Quote from the Wirefly site:
By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our Satisfaction Guarantee.

Please note some of the reasons your wireless carrier may notify us of a deactivation include if:

You transfer this equipment to another carrier line of service after it is activated
You change your rate plan to a lower monthly service rate than was specifically required at the point of purchase
You deactivate texting/data features that were specifically required at the point of purchase
The new line of service activated with your order is used to replace a pre-existing account
I keep on getting mixed messages from Wirefly's reps regarding if this policy applies to Sprint phones or not. Some have said that it does not and were willing to "back it up" by giving me their rep ID's.

Offline arie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
I remember the original Evo "backorder" so horse and buggy or not it could take "who knows how long".
I don't really know how this get played out behind the scenes.
Just got a message that they will be shipping in 2-3 weeks, so I guess you were right  :-[. I'm debating whether i should cancel my order now, though at this point it might be backordered at
BB or even Sprint. >:(

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »
Just got a message that they will be shipping in 2-3 weeks, so I guess you were right  :-[. I'm debating whether i should cancel my order now, though at this point it might be backordered at
BB or even Sprint. >:(
I believe Wirefly has a 14 day return policy including free return shipping. Maybe order from Sprint at this point and see who comes first.
Also, do you know anything about Wirefly's 181 day restriction if it applies to Sprint or not? (Cannot transfer the device to any other line within 181 days of purchase).
I've gotten mixed messages about that.

Offline arie

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
I believe Wirefly has a 14 day return policy including free return shipping. Maybe order from Sprint at this point and see who comes first.
Also, do you know anything about Wirefly's 181 day restriction if it applies to Sprint or not? (Cannot transfer the device to any other line within 181 days of purchase).
I've gotten mixed messages about that.
'You transfer this equipment to another carrier line of service' can easily mean another line within the sprint network. Personally I would not take the chance of getting charged the $300 etf.
Though I have done it multiple times through Best Buy without issue.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »
'You transfer this equipment to another carrier line of service' can easily mean another line within the sprint network. Personally I would not take the chance of getting charged the $300 etf.
Though I have done it multiple times through Best Buy without issue.
I asked them specifically what it means. They said transferring to any other line, including another line in your family plan which is not eligible for upgrade.
However, they said it doesn't apply to Sprint, though I have a feeling that they just wanted to make the sale.. as I said in an earlier post, they were willing to "back up that statement with their rep ID, they wouldn't put their job on the line for this one sale".
Then I HUCA about a VZW device and they told me they have that restriction and I asked if it applies to all carriers including Sprint and they said yes.

In general their agents are majorly incompetent as can be expected from someone who gets .50 an hour so we're on our own to research the real answer.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Being as I am sick of hitting F5, I have set up a script to email me whenever a change is made on the order status page.

If anyone wants me add their order number and email to the monitor, send me a pm.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »
Being as I am sick of hitting F5, I have set up a script to email me whenever a change is made on the order status page.

If anyone wants me add their order number and email to the monitor, send me a pm.
I rather do behesech hadaas...
Do you really think it might ship out today? Any indication online?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:54:00 PM by txtmax4 »

Offline arie

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »
Quote from the Wirefly site:I keep on getting mixed messages from Wirefly's reps regarding if this policy applies to Sprint phones or not. Some have said that it does not and were willing to "back it up" by giving me their rep ID's.
I would suggest that you keep a copy of a chat that they tell you that you wont be charged for transferring the phone, so even if you get charged, you have the chat to back you up, if not for wirefly than for sure for your cc company (use amex). 

Offline arie

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2012, 10:48:13 PM »
http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/15/3022907/at-t-htc-one-x-blocked-at-us-customs-infringing-apple

I guess we'll all be waiting for some time  >:(

I think apple is just shooting themselves in the foot with all these meaningless patent disputes. There is no way they will stop samsung or htc from selling the phones in the US so they are just making a fool of themselves and leaving a bad taste in the mouths of consumers who can be potential customers.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:55:43 PM by arie »

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2012, 03:01:01 AM »
http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/15/3022907/at-t-htc-one-x-blocked-at-us-customs-infringing-apple

I guess we'll all be waiting for some time  >:(

I think apple is just shooting themselves in the foot with all these meaningless patent disputes. There is no way they will stop samsung or htc from selling the phones in the US so they are just making a fool of themselves and leaving a bad taste in the mouths of consumers who can be potential customers.
OK, I'm way beyond frustrated about this.
Forgive my ignorance but, why the heck is customs taking that long? I mean they know exactly what to check for. How come this isn't as simple as opening up a few samples and making sure that "apple's patented feature" isn't on them and letting the shipment go through?