Author Topic: Triangle- K Hechsher  (Read 39734 times)

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Triangle- K Hechsher
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »
Can one rely on the Triangle K for Minute Maid orange and apple juice?
The funny thing is, CRC says the products are good because they don't need a hechsher.  We won't rely on Triangle K for anything.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »
How come some juices have OU-D? Publix brand....

Even if the last run was for grape juice?

If its not pasteurized and made in the USA then you have some room to be.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12933.msg170024#msg170024
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2012, 11:23:16 PM »
The funny thing is, CRC says the products are good because they don't need a hechsher.  We won't rely on Triangle K for anything.
Link?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2012, 01:29:14 AM »
How come some juices have OU-D? Publix brand....

Probably has to do with equipment and additives.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2013, 08:36:58 AM »
My email to an independent kashrus expert:

Hello,
I want to ask you what you think about triangle k. What I understand is that no self respecting haredi would touch their products.

I took great interest in the whole Hebrew national fiasco/saga.

After doing a little bit of googling, l am under the impression that Rabbi Ralbag is a haredi rabbi just like any others. Also, I haven't seen anyone come out against him publicly asides for the hotdogs story.

I am under the impression that people don't have an issue with his ne'emonus, knowledge, or even the supervision that his organization provides. Rather they are against his shitto regarding grape juice, which he holds like a da'as yachid and probably also because he is willing to machshir something that's not mehadrin.

Someone was telling me, that even about 30 years ago when he was growing up, no one would touch triangle k products, and that was a time when kashrus standards and public knowledge were far lower than they are today.

So I ask: Is it all just politics as usual, or is there something more than what meets the eye?

Signed, yuneeq

Hello yuneeq,
Actually, in this case I would disagree with you. I believe that those in the know realize that while R' Ralbag is a talmid chacham and has smicha from several prominent rabbonim, his is NOT trusted and it has been clear for years that the hechsher is nothing more than a money-making rubber stamp. I have heard many say "don't use the hecsher" and I am unaware of any person who knows anything about kashrus relying on it.

That said, most of the kosher world is clueless so there is no shortage of business for the hashgacha. And today, being on the 'in' with the Chief Rabbinate of Israel only adds to the Triangle K's monetary success
Visibly Jewish

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2021, 04:02:24 PM »
reawakening this thread - Minute Maid canned juices seem to have gone from Triangle K to OU to Triangle K over the last 8 years. does anyone know the story? I was  told several years ago that the OJ and Lemonade IS alright, by someone knowlegable and reliable. is that still accurate

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2021, 04:08:06 PM »
reawakening this thread - Minute Maid canned juices seem to have gone from Triangle K to OU to Triangle K over the last 8 years. does anyone know the story? I was  told several years ago that the OJ and Lemonade IS alright, by someone knowlegable and reliable. is that still accurate
Interesting. I don't know about those specific items, but I do know of some juices which were sharing pasteurizers with problematic item,s
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2021, 04:17:50 PM »
Interesting. I don't know about those specific items, but I do know of some juices which were sharing pasteurizers with problematic item,s
Yes, apple juice and Clark chowder specifically, per a reliable source years ago.
Nafka Mina Lmaaseh is kids on planes