Author Topic: Triangle- K Hechsher  (Read 39670 times)

Offline daganster

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Re: Triangle- K Hechsher
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2012, 11:41:07 PM »
He definitly got stricter in the last few years.
What do you mean by "Got stricter''? When I was there the meat wasn't kosher!

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2012, 11:47:16 PM »
What do you mean by "Got stricter''? When I was there the meat wasn't kosher!
Care to elaborate?

Offline daganster

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2012, 12:24:16 AM »
Care to elaborate?
The entire system was set up to fail:
Hebrew national buys their meet from non kosher slaughter houses, so the way it works is that they shecht some of the cows and buy what ever they want from the slaughter house. So far so good. The problem is that there are so many issues along the way that its very hard to consider the meet kosher. Lets start with the shocat (My brother shecheted for them for over year). The meet plant has a to kill a certain amount of cows a day, so if the shochat isnt quick enough the cow gets shot before the shochat finalizes the shchita i.e. sometimes its hard to determine who did it first and the shochat is under a lot of pressure to kill more, so he may not realize (In other plants it work very differently). the bodkim are under a lot of pressure to get a large quantity of kosher meat e.g. there was a bodek that was fired for not providing numbers. In Green Bay, WI there was a line of cows and line of tongues the mashgiach was asked to mark the kosher tongues by identifying the kosher cows the problem is that these lines dont always run parallel to each other. The cows run on a line and the bodek doesn't have a lot of time to check, unlike other plants where the cow is stationary when the bodek does his job. They do not do nikur. According to halacha the cow could only sit for 3 days after shechted before it salted, unless its submerged in water and than you have another 3 days. They simply spray the cows before the 3 days are up in-order to gain another 3 days (Ii dont know how good it is). There was a mashgiach that was caught eating ham was transferred to a different company and when they were desperate they called him back. I myself witnessed most of the above and some I heard first hand from people that worked there. 

Offline Mocha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
Hebrew national buys their meet from non kosher slaughter houses, so the way it works is that they shecht some of the cows and buy what ever they want from the slaughter house. So far so good. The problem is that there are so many issues along the way that its very hard to consider the meet kosher. Lets start with the shocat (My brother shecheted for them for over year). The meet plant has a to kill a certain amount of cows a day, so if the shochat isnt quick enough the cow gets shot before the shochat finalizes the shchita i.e. sometimes its hard to determine who did it first and the shochat is under a lot of pressure to kill more, so he may not realize (In other plants it work very differently). the bodkim are under a lot of pressure to get a large quantity of kosher meat e.g. there was a bodek that was fired for not providing numbers. In Green Bay, WI there was a line of cows and line of tongues the mashgiach was asked to mark the kosher tongues by identifying the kosher cows the problem is that these lines dont always run parallel to each other. The cows run on a line and the bodek doesn't have a lot of time to check, unlike other plants where the cow is stationary when the bodek does his job. They do not do nikur. According to halacha the cow could only sit for 3 days after shechted before it salted, unless its submerged in water and than you have another 3 days. They simply spray the cows before the 3 days are up in-order to gain another 3 days (Ii dont know how good it is). There was a mashgiach that was caught eating ham was transferred to a different company and when they were desperate they called him back. I myself witnessed most of the above and some I heard first hand from people that worked there.
Wow, very insightful! Thanks so much for taking the time to write that up!!

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2012, 02:33:51 AM »
According to halacha the cow could only sit for 3 days after shechted before it salted, unless its submerged in water and than you have another 3 days. They simply spray the cows before the 3 days are up in-order to gain another 3 days (Ii dont know how good it is).
I'm learning melicha now. According to just about everyone the meat is assur except for tzli. R' Moshe has one of his Chicago teshuvos about it and he says it's assur
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline daganster

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »
I'm learning melicha now. According to just about everyone the meat is assur except for tzli. R' Moshe has one of his Chicago teshuvos about it and he says it's assur
Thanks for reassuring, since I was pretty sure that thats the case. I tried to simply stick to the facts and not poskin.

Offline daganster

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2012, 08:56:54 AM »
Wow, very insightful! Thanks so much for taking the time to write that up!!
Sure np

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »
wow!! they're really corrupt!!
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »
Now go back 8 years later and see if its still that way. But thanks any for letting us know how it was 8 years ago.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
OT here but does anyone know anything about the Tablet K hechsher?  I see it on cheeses all the time.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »
Lawsuit Claims Hebrew National Hot Dogs Are Not Kosher
The lawsuit seems aimed at the wrong place.  Hebrew National advertises itself as kosher to the highest standards because they have a hechsher from an orthodox rabbi.  They dont know the halachos of kashrus nor are they supposed to.  If anything the lawsuit should be brought against the hashgacha that asserts that it is kosher to the strictest standards.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2012, 09:08:37 PM »
The lawsuit seems aimed at the wrong place.
Lawsuits are about following the $$$$.
ConAgra=$$$$
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »
Lawsuits are about following the $$$$.
ConAgra=$$$$
Spread the wealth!  :D

Obama 2012?  :P

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
Can one rely on the Triangle K for Minute Maid orange and apple juice?

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2012, 08:17:52 PM »

http://www.crcweb.org/beverage_list.php
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:54:05 PM by U-no-me- »
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »
100% Pure juice doesn't need a hechsher.

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:04:16 PM by U-no-me- »
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »

Not everyone holds by that.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline A3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Triangle- K Hechsher
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2012, 09:38:14 PM »

How come some juices have OU-D? Publix brand....

Even if the last run was for grape juice?

If its not pasteurized and made in the USA then you have some room to be.