Topic Wiki

הכי בבית בעולם

« Last edited by yesitsme on July 07, 2022, 08:34:32 PM »

Author Topic: Israeli Army Problems  (Read 19059 times)

Online Darth1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Israeli Army Problems
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2022, 08:22:30 AM »
You can renounce citizenship and then make Aliya? That makes no sense.
He got a lawyer to sort out his army issues than moved back from the US to Israel. He wasnt trying to renounce he just didnt want to end up in prison on arrival...

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2022, 08:53:39 AM »
@Aryeh95 pm me for contact of a good lawyer. I used him for something simpler and he was neither  cheap nor exorbitant, might be worth a try. I don't doubt he can do it, and might be better than your above quote.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2022, 10:13:02 AM »
https://www.flanter-law.co.il/en/resolving-military-status-idf-obtaining-exemption-israeli-army/

The case they quote there is probably quite typical in cases where people are married with kids and permanently residing outside of Israel. They don't want to draft such people. The costs and liabilities for them are beyond any perceived benefit.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2022, 12:26:28 PM »
If you have a few weeks to kill you can probably go there and get a פטור (just keep on telling them that you can't wait to get a gun to shoot some Arabs).

Come in with a shirt with image of Boruch Goldstein on it!

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2022, 12:36:43 PM »
Is this your burner account?

Lol no, but would love to meet this guy...

Offline Ellen

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2022, 01:50:00 PM »
A relative of mine was told to renew her US passport and write NY as place of birth. US State Department renewed the passport no questions asked and since then she was born in NY.
This was probably about 20 years ago so Im not sure if it still works. I did hear of another person who did that as well.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2022, 08:13:20 PM »
A relative of mine was told to renew her US passport and write NY as place of birth. US State Department renewed the passport no questions asked and since then she was born in NY.
This was probably about 20 years ago so Im not sure if it still works. I did hear of another person who did that as well.

Have a friend who was born in Israel and did this successfully. He has a super common last name and a pretty common first name too.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Aryeh95

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2022, 08:14:19 PM »
I was born in Maryland and my Israeli passport says I was born I was in the US. They didn't seem to care.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2022, 08:17:06 PM »
I was born in Maryland and my Israeli passport says I was born I was in the US. They didn't seem to care.

They’re talking about US passport which is somewhat different, as a US-born American presenting a US passport gives them less of a reason to suspect there’s any Israeliness in the mix. Less likely to work for you at this point in any case.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2022, 08:33:14 PM »
Have a friend who was born in Israel and did this successfully. He has a super common last name and a pretty common first name too.

When I got my first US passport (at the CT passport office, which was know to be the place to do these kind of things) I had a different place of birth written and a couple of digits in my DOB transposed. I used it several times to travel to Israel. One time I was stopped and taken to a side room for interrogation, but was released when I denied being born there and they saw that the DOB was different. I probably could have continued renewing my US passport with the same information in perpetuity, but upon renewal, at the request of DW I had the information corrected to the correct information. This was all in the pre biometric passport days.
-- Dan

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2022, 08:35:08 PM »
When I got my first US passport (at the CT passport office, which was know to be the place to do these kind of things) I had a different place of birth written and a couple of digits in my DOB transposed. I used it several times to travel to Israel. One time I was stopped and taken to a side room for interrogation, but was released when I denied being born there and they saw that the DOB was different. I probably could have continued renewing my US passport with the same information in perpetuity, but upon renewal, at the request of DW I had the information corrected to the correct information. This was all in the pre biometric passport days.

Love these stories! ;D

Offline Ygold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2022, 07:30:12 AM »
Question: Parents who made Aliyah, and then moved back to chu"l, are the children born to them after they moved out of Israel, Israeli?
Shout out to Meshugener!

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2022, 07:36:36 AM »
Question: Parents who made Aliyah, and then moved back to chu"l, are the children born to them after they moved out of Israel, Israeli?
If they enter Israel and the Israelis work out they have Israeli parents or a parent, they will twist their arm to be citizens. They claim its automatic and you can't get out of it. I am yet to hear of someone who has avoided it. There are good ways to avoid them finding out.

Offline Ygold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2022, 10:42:58 AM »
If they enter Israel and the Israelis work out they have Israeli parents or a parent, they will twist their arm to be citizens. They claim its automatic and you can't get out of it. I am yet to hear of someone who has avoided it. There are good ways to avoid them finding out.
What are the ways to avoid them finding out?

This is true even if the parents weren't born in Israel, and only made Aliyah?
Shout out to Meshugener!

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2022, 10:48:56 AM »
What are the ways to avoid them finding out?

This is true even if the parents weren't born in Israel, and only made Aliyah?
Yes even Aliya and even just one parent.

Offline Ygold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2022, 10:59:10 AM »
Yes even Aliya and even just one parent.

So what are the ways to avoid them finding out?
Shout out to Meshugener!

Offline CLEboy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2022, 11:34:56 AM »
“There are good way to avoid them finding out” as in?

Offline Dave321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2022, 11:56:04 AM »
btw, I went to the israeli embassy in NYC to renounce. they will do every thing to stop you from doing so. claiming you are missing a document, that you had a kid, that your marriage licence isnt signed properly. I tried 4-5 times already. At this point im ready for an (anti) Israeli immigration lawyer if someone has recs.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2022, 01:10:12 PM »
btw, I went to the israeli embassy in NYC to renounce. they will do every thing to stop you from doing so. claiming you are missing a document, that you had a kid, that your marriage licence isnt signed properly. I tried 4-5 times already. At this point im ready for an (anti) Israeli immigration lawyer if someone has recs.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. They wanted me to first register my kids as Israeli, so I had to get them birth certificates with Apostille. After submitting everything they asked "do you have proof of birth? (הוכחה לפרי בטן). We looked at them as if they came from a different planet, and said "what do you mean, we just gave you certified birth certificates?" The response was "we need hospital discharge papers". Our immediate response to them was that they are out of their minds, there's nothing else we will give them, and if they don't want to accept what we gave them we will stop the entire process. We don't want to register our kids as Israeli, they are making us do so. After a few minutes they came back and said everything is OK.

They accepted all the paperwork, and told us that they will complete the process in our absence. A few days later I got a call from them asking me to come and sign paperwork to make my kids Israeli. I said to them that we had just done all of that, to which they responded that we need to sign the papers that they prepared in our absence. When I asked if they need both myself and my wife to come or just myself, I was put on hold and then was later told that they will email me the documents to sign and return. The documents were emailed (terrible quality scan), I printed signed and returned. I am now waiting for them to call me for the next step.

The person taking our documents also said that the chances of the renouncement being approved are low, but based on my research that is a bunch of BS. One needs to put a reason on the application for renouncement. From what I managed to gather, as long as there's clear evidence that the person's permanent residence (for a while - the longer the better) is outside of Israel, and a valid reason is given (not wanting to have the hassle of traveling with two passports when I go to Israel should in and of itself be a valid reason, add to that not wanting to pay VAT on car rentals, not wanting to subject myself and/or kids to military service, etc.), and as long as there are no outstanding military or financial obligations, it is likely to be approved.
-- Dan