Topic Wiki

הכי בבית בעולם

« Last edited by yesitsme on July 07, 2022, 08:34:32 PM »

Author Topic: Israeli Army Problems  (Read 19431 times)

Offline Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Israeli Army Problems
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2023, 12:51:57 AM »
I emailed them today asking. Since renouncement requires approval by the minister of interior, I presume that the political turmoil since the last elections were announced put such requests far on the back-burner. Now that a government was formed, I am hoping to see movement.
Thanks
Keep us posted

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2023, 11:15:51 AM »
https://m.calcalist.co.il/Article.aspx?guid=skef7juao

New budget passed last week cancels the tourist VAT exemption for car rentals and hotel stays. Given the recent differences in the immigration lines at TLV of citizens vs non-citizens, maybe it's time to reconsider rescinding the citizenship.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline WAM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2023, 03:06:36 AM »
The ridiculous thing is, as I pointed out to them, that they are requiring a written (notarized by the consul) statement from MINORS on whom they involuntarily forced an unwanted citizenship, and they didn't require written consent, much less notarized, at that point!

Since when does one take written statements from minors?
Asking questions on a government agency?

Offline Pony

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2023, 01:22:40 PM »
Asking questions on a government agency?

When my son was born in Eretz Yisroel I went down to the Misrad Hapnim to renounce his citizenship. After that was done I asked for a letter on Misrad Hapnim letterhead stating that he is not a citizen. They told me I don't need it. I asked them to please give me one anyway. The guy said "ok, for 60 shekel." I paid and got the letter. A couple of months later when we were leaving in the airport they asked me why he doesn't have an Israeli passport if he was born there. I took out the letter that I was told was not needed and we were able to proceed.

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2023, 04:26:49 PM »

When my son was born in Eretz Yisroel I went down to the Misrad Hapnim to renounce his citizenship. After that was done I asked for a letter on Misrad Hapnim letterhead stating that he is not a citizen. They told me I don't need it. I asked them to please give me one anyway. The guy said "ok, for 60 shekel." I paid and got the letter. A couple of months later when we were leaving in the airport they asked me why he doesn't have an Israeli passport if he was born there. I took out the letter that I was told was not needed and we were able to proceed.
Yup, I also paid. Letter is filed away along with my son's birth certificate. Although pretty sure I had to pay 75NIS. And that was 17 years ago!

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2023, 02:00:13 PM »
https://m.calcalist.co.il/Article.aspx?guid=skef7juao

New budget passed last week cancels the tourist VAT exemption for car rentals and hotel stays. Given the recent differences in the immigration lines at TLV of citizens vs non-citizens, maybe it's time to reconsider rescinding the citizenship.
Renouncement back in play.  ;D

https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1635612249837428736
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2023, 10:38:18 AM »
After not hearing from them in months, and reaching out to the consulate without any meaningful response, I decided that now that a permanent Minister of Interior is in office (who seemingly is a person of action - as evident by his handling of the passport issuance crisis), I emailed the office of the Interior Minister to request that my application for renouncement be expedited. I received the following email this morning:

Hoping that this actually occurs prior to my next trip to EY in early July. Will save me a bit on the car rental.
-- Dan

Offline Aryeh95

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2023, 10:42:59 AM »
After not hearing from them in months, and reaching out to the consulate without any meaningful response, I decided that now that a permanent Minister of Interior is in office (who seemingly is a person of action - as evident by his handling of the passport issuance crisis), I emailed the office of the Interior Minister to request that my application for renouncement be expedited. I received the following email this morning:

Hoping that this actually occurs prior to my next trip to EY in early July. Will save me a bit on the car rental.
How old are you? Can I just renounce my citizenship to fix my issues?
This is the last correspondence I have from them.
I'm 28 now. According to their site it seems maybe at 29 I can do it.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 10:46:07 AM by Aryeh95 »

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2023, 10:46:43 AM »

No. In order for renouncement to be approved you must be clear of all Israeli obligations (taxes, bituach leumi, judgments, military service).

At what age did you leave Israel? How did you become a citizen?

I don't know how old you are and what your family situation is (Married? Kids? etc.), but it's really not hard to get an exemption once you show up for the draft. Over 50% of Tel Aviv residents get exempted.
-- Dan

Offline Aryeh95

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2023, 10:54:06 AM »

No. In order for renouncement to be approved you must be clear of all Israeli obligations (taxes, bituach leumi, judgments, military service).

At what age did you leave Israel? How did you become a citizen?

I don't know how old you are and what your family situation is (Married? Kids? etc.), but it's really not hard to get an exemption once you show up for the draft. Over 50% of Tel Aviv residents get exempted.

I left Israel at age 16 with my family.
The last time I was in Israel was at age 17.
My family made aliyah when I was 5 and we all became citizens in the process.
I'm married with a kid.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2023, 11:31:45 AM »

I left Israel at age 16 with my family.
The last time I was in Israel was at age 17.
My family made aliyah when I was 5 and we all became citizens in the process.
I'm married with a kid.

Leaving at age 16 is the problem. Did they not say anything to you when you were there at age 17?

Did you ever try to settle with the army when they have a rep in the consulate for that purpose?

It could take you a few months but you could go to Israel, show up to enlist, and then get yourself exempted (for example keep on saying that you can't wait to get hold of a gun to kill arabs).
-- Dan

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2023, 08:40:19 AM »
I'm 28 now. According to their site it seems maybe at 29 I can do it.

3. Come to Israel
4. When you come we will arrest you

So inviting......
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2023, 09:12:52 AM »
3. Come to Israel

So inviting......

I can't cease to be amazed at how they keep on contradicting the posuk רק עם חכם ונבון הגוי הגדול הזה. Such a chillul Hashem to contradict a בפירושע פסוק!
-- Dan

Online yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2023, 09:26:53 AM »
I can't cease to be amazed at how they keep on contradicting the posuk רק עם חכם ונבון הגוי הגדול הזה. Such a chillul Hashem to contradict a בפירושע פסוק!
No it's completely in line with the pasuk. It's only when ושמרתם ועשיתם כי הוא חכמתכם ובינתכם לעיני העמים אשר ישמעון את כל החקים האלה, not when you makeup your own ridiculous חקים.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2023, 10:45:45 AM »
No it's completely in line with the pasuk. It's only when ושמרתם ועשיתם כי הוא חכמתכם ובינתכם לעיני העמים אשר ישמעון את כל החקים האלה, not when you makeup your own ridiculous חקים.
Rabbi Berkovits's COVID porch minyan for mincha/maariv included Rav Bentzion Zilber, shlita. (You know, the one who was accepted to the Mir by Rav Chaim Shmuelevitz at age 15 fresh out of Russia, even though he "only" knew Baba Kama, Baba Metzia and Baba Basra by heart with Rashi, Tosfos and the Rashba.) He's a bit of a understated comedian - when we were squeezing a bit more than the porch's capacity at two-meter distances, he once quipped, "R' Chaim Noeh shiur."
Anyways, on one of these porch sessions, the latest version of the government edict regarding the upcoming Yomim Noraim (the third version in as many weeks) came up. He commented (translated from the Hebrew), "For years, I've been wondering why the laws here were called "chukim." Arguably, Ben Yehuda should have called them "mishpatim." But now, I don't wonder anymore..."
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2023, 11:24:29 AM »
3. Come to Israel

So inviting......
Free room and board. You don't have to use your points..

Eventually they give up, it can take a few years if you can wait.

Offline Aryeh95

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2023, 11:25:52 AM »
Free room and board. You don't have to use your points..
Are they gonna pay for my flight too?

Offline Yef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2023, 05:02:25 PM »
Rabbi Berkovits's COVID porch minyan for mincha/maariv included Rav Bentzion Zilber, shlita. (You know, the one who was accepted to the Mir by Rav Chaim Shmuelevitz at age 15 fresh out of Russia, even though he "only" knew Baba Kama, Baba Metzia and Baba Basra by heart with Rashi, Tosfos and the Rashba.) He's a bit of a understated comedian - when we were squeezing a bit more than the porch's capacity at two-meter distances, he once quipped, "R' Chaim Noeh shiur."
Anyways, on one of these porch sessions, the latest version of the government edict regarding the upcoming Yomim Noraim (the third version in as many weeks) came up. He commented (translated from the Hebrew), "For years, I've been wondering why the laws here were called "chukim." Arguably, Ben Yehuda should have called them "mishpatim." But now, I don't wonder anymore..."
That’s funny!

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2023, 06:26:26 PM »
Are they gonna pay for my flight too?

As I mentioned above

Did you ever try to settle with the army when they have a rep in the consulate for that purpose?

Every so often they get a rep into the consulate who is authorized to settle these kinds of things. Reach out to the consulate to find out when a Tzahal (or Meitav) rep is there for הסדרת מעמד מול הצבא, you then make an appointment and work things out with the rep.

Or if you don't want to do it yourself, you can hire an Israeli attorney that specializes in these kinds of things.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2023, 03:58:26 PM »

After not hearing from them in a few days, and after inquiring with the consulate and not receiving a reply, I sent another inquiry to the Interior Ministry, and got the following response today:

Not saying שהחיינו or Good Riddance yet, until I have the proof in my hands!
-- Dan