Author Topic: virgin crackdown  (Read 4582 times)

Offline flyingBlue

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: virgin crackdown
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 02:29:20 AM »
My friend was denied boarding yesterday in tlv. The agent said something was done ilegal with the ticket. He has no idea what the issue was besides it was booked from someone else account. The acount holder called customer service who were unable to identify any issue.

I wonder if he is eligible for any compensation by israeli law.

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2022, 04:23:54 PM »
one friend was flagged last week flying from lhr - tlv but was able to clear it up at ticketing counter.

another friend flying yesterday lhr - nyc a family of 5 were not allowed to check in and had their tickets cancelled [booked from a brother in laws account, so names dont match but i guess they can fight for points back, but wont help now]

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2022, 04:48:43 PM »
one friend was flagged last week flying from lhr - tlv but was able to clear it up at ticketing counter.

another friend flying yesterday lhr - nyc a family of 5 were not allowed to check in and had their tickets cancelled [booked from a brother in laws account, so names dont match but i guess they can fight for points back, but wont help now]
Sucks. NYC-LON is to cheap with VS......

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 02:29:15 PM »
Friend was flagged in Manchester Airport yesterday, i prepared him before hand thanks to this thread!

They asked him who booked his ticket so he said his BIL! They asked him for his name DOB address and phone number.

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2023, 09:06:22 AM »
Is it against the terms to book for my friend with my points, and he uses his credit card for the taxes?
It isn't against the terms. But your "friend" would need to know who you are when asked, as well as some basic facts about you like what city you live in. Let's be clear, they're looking to bust brokers who are selling award tickets here. The people crying the most about it are those who avail themselves of this as either the broker or customer, despite the fact that it is clearly against the program terms.

Offline Mendel London

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2023, 06:16:31 PM »
It isn't against the terms. But your "friend" would need to know who you are when asked, as well as some basic facts about you like what city you live in. Let's be clear, they're looking to bust brokers who are selling award tickets here. The people crying the most about it are those who avail themselves of this as either the broker or customer, despite the fact that it is clearly against the program terms.
Had a terrible one with them recently as follows:

I have booked a ticket for my father and step-mother, using my sister's points. flying LHR - JFK on Sep 6. When he arrived at the airport, they have questioned him about the account holder.

He said, that one of his children has arranged it, but he doesn't which one of their accounts they have used, as they make up between them who will give him the points, so he will call up his son and ask.

The agent has started shouting at him, and cancelled his ticket, and forced him to bu a revenue ticket at around $2500 per pax.

After the flight, I have sent them an email on behalf of my sister, showing them her BC and MC, and asked them to refund the costs, as this was 100% legit.

They have responded: 'Upon checking the booking in question, transaction payment had been disputed, which is why your parents were require to pay full fare for new booking. On this occasion, we have no other information, so please refer to your card issuer.'

So I have emailed them to confirm that this wasn't the case, and the charge is still on my father's CC, and there hasn't been any dispute.

they have responded with the following: 'Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Unfortunately, the email address you are using to write to us is not linked to the Flying Club account.

Due to data protection, we are unable to advise any further on this. We will require all correspondence to come from the email address linked to the account.

When my father has emailed them directly they have responded: 'As you were unable to verify details of who purchased your ticket, and the Frequent Flyers details, the decision was made to deny you boarding.

As per our conditions of carriage, we require you to verify details of who purchased your ticket, and the Frequent Flyers details. We have the right to refuse your travel, according to Article 13 (referring to subsection 13.1 r, hh and ii)

For further information to the conditions, you agree to at the time of making your booking, you can view this online or follow the below link.
https://help.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/policies/conditions-of-carriage/article-13.html
Please may I, therefore, kindly suggest that it be worth contacting your travel insurance provider, who may have the capacity to assist you.'

He had no other choice, but to contact his CC issuer, and they have raised a dispute on this charge, which to date they have not yet responded to.

On November 6, I have tried to log in to MY account which had no connection to this whole story, other than that I have emailed them on my sister's behalf from my email address, which is 100% legal, but my account was suspended, and I couldn't use any points or vouchers.

I have sent them an email, the next day, but they have not yet responded.

It seems that they have punished me for being his Son?