Author Topic: stay in a spg hotel  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Smirk

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
stay in a spg hotel
« on: December 27, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »
I need a few more nights to maintain my platinum status with spg, I'm willing to pay a little bit of a room if you book it through my account, pm me
(Needs to be done by dec 31)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: stay in a spg hotel
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:09:33 AM »
I need a few more nights to maintain my platinum status with spg, I'm willing to pay a little bit of a room if you book it through my account, pm me
(Needs to be done by dec 31)

I understand that you will put your name on the res but if its paid using the other persons CC , its not suppose to credit to you or do you send each person a CC of yours?

I know sometimes it will slip thru but other times it doesnt

if youre only a couple short you might be  best taking a ride up to CT today check-in and drive home. then find another Hotel for another night this week. Go to www.roomsaver.com and then to CT and Norwalk to print the coupon  Or check into the Sheraton @ EWR which is $85 for tonight

call CT before you drive up and call before you will leave as no sense driving up if they wont be accepting the coupon.Once they reach 80% of teh rooms full most Hotels wont accept it any longer. I usually tell them Im a couple of hrs away do you think youd still hav ea room when I get there. At times they will take my info and confirm it other times they will say no prob,or it will be tight since we have 2 or 3 left till we wont take the coupon any longer. once you get that info make your decision if its worth driving up theres another 4P in Meridien thats appx an extra 30 min drive (Ive never been to that 1)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 11:27:18 AM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:37:53 PM »
If the booking is made with AS's SPG info and AS and the actual guest is listed on the res I'm 99.9% sure that AS will get the credit regardless of whose credit card is used.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 11:56:41 PM »
If the booking is made with AS's SPG info and AS and the actual guest is listed on the res I'm 99.9% sure that AS will get the credit regardless of whose credit card is used.

I wouldnt say that, hey I didnt.

I dont believe its a 100% sure thing and Ive read on FT at the different Chains where its a case of YMMV rather then being a 100% sure thing

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »
Ive read on FT at the different Chains where its a case of YMMV rather then being a 100% sure thing
Well at least at SPG and Hyatt I'd be willing to place a wager on it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 12:14:08 AM »
Well at least at SPG and Hyatt I'd be willing to place a wager on it.

Same here

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 10:23:43 AM »
 AFAIK it hasnt changed; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-preferred-guest/466322-points-stay-credited-cc-holder.html

note what William (Starwood Lurker) posted. Its simply a case of YMMV, even if you always got your credit, you werent suppose to and I do know some people who didnt get theirs and they sent in for a Missing Stay and were told since it wasnt your CC that paid for it No Credit

Offline Mocha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 11:17:39 AM »
If I'm arriving to a hotel (St. Regis PR) at 5am is there anyway to get early check-in vs reserving from the night before? Anyone have experience with this?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 01:16:17 PM »
If I'm arriving to a hotel (St. Regis PR) at 5am is there anyway to get early check-in vs reserving from the night before? Anyone have experience with this?

Are you SPG plat with 75 nights by any chance?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Mocha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »
Are you SPG plat with 75 nights by any chance?
Negative

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 01:20:12 PM »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper