Author Topic: Airline Cancellation/ Reimbursement  (Read 958 times)

Offline Dvdmoney1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Airline Cancellation/ Reimbursement
« on: June 22, 2022, 01:14:00 AM »
Dear Dans Deals Forum

I was supposed to be flying from Buffalo (BUF) to Newark (EWR) Tonight 6/22/2022 on United Airlines Flight # 3438. However, it just got canceled.

I purchased it with the Sapphire Preferred card (~$220) - The only reason why it got canceled was " Your flight is canceled because of current or anticipated disruptions related to airspace and/or ground congestion. Your safety is our priority and we are sorry for your the inconvenience".

I was wondering if anyone can help. What can I get reimbursed on?

I need a new hotel room, clothes, kosher food ect - Will all this be reimbursed?

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Cancellation/ Reimbursement
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 02:30:48 AM »
Dear Dans Deals Forum

I was supposed to be flying from Buffalo (BUF) to Newark (EWR) Tonight 6/22/2022 on United Airlines Flight # 3438. However, it just got canceled.

I purchased it with the Sapphire Preferred card (~$220) - The only reason why it got canceled was " Your flight is canceled because of current or anticipated disruptions related to airspace and/or ground congestion. Your safety is our priority and we are sorry for your the inconvenience".

I was wondering if anyone can help. What can I get reimbursed on?

I need a new hotel room, clothes, kosher food ect - Will all this be reimbursed?
I don’t have experience with Sapphire, but make sure you have a copy of the old & new itinerary. Make sure you have the reason for the delay in writing.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 06:16:55 PM »
Hi,

United flight was cancelled back in May. As a result we did not get our (non refundable) rental car.

Made a claim with Chase SP card. They've been taking forever to do anything. Finally they sent a response that they need a reason in writing for the flight cancellation. How do I get the reason?!! For some reason I never even got an e-mail saying the flight was cancelled, only on the app did it say so. Initially it said was delayed, then cancelled, initially due to weather, then it said due to staffing shortages.

But when searching with the confirmation code, it says an itinerary cannot be found! Can anyone help? United said I need to send an e-mail requesting this. It's almost one month since the e-mail was sent and nothing! TIA

Offline nafnaf12

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 09:49:00 PM »
delayletter@united.com
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 12:22:49 AM »
delayletter@united.com

Thanks. That was the e-mail I was told to reach out to. Like I said, it is almost a month and didn't hear a word. Lo and behold, tonight I decided to send an annoyed sounding follow up e-mail to the same address. I got the letter with the reason under 4 hours later. Never hurts to try, I guess.