Author Topic: British Airways Executive Club (also for not yet members)  (Read 1886 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
British Airways Executive Club (also for not yet members)
« on: November 16, 2009, 11:51:51 AM »

Every time you book and fly Club World or First return before 31 December 2009, we’ll give you enough bonus BA Miles for a reward flight. And if you are an Executive Club Blue member, we’ll upgrade you to Silver status for a year after your first eligible return flight.

check http://home.britishairways.com/r/8YI3L3/EPQMM/2VWX0Q/IYEACF/QN36X0/20/h?a=BBBB4S7CBF7Z&b=BBBB4S7CBGT9&c=116000137

That is dealing the anti-ba-credit-card bias a final blow   ;)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: British Airways Executive Club (also for not yet members)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:13:38 PM »
 Super do you really think there are more people on DD that will buy a Club World or First tkt then fingers on 1 of your hands? I dont

So the promo might be nice for the 1 person who does buy such tkts, but that wont affect 99.9999% of people on DD

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »
dude, how long have you been in yeshiva?

A nice thing to try would be buying a biz ticket departing in 11 month time which is fully refundable (and get it refunded).

This will probably give you the silver (you might need to fly just a simple flight to trigger it) + might help you to reach the required credit card expense, and so on.

you wrote: then fingers on 1 of your hands? ; that would make 5 people, definitely worth the trouble.

you wrote: So the promo might be nice for the 1 person who does buy such tkts; So now it's only 1 person + you wrote tkts meaning its going to be useful more then once...

I saw recently a BA Biz ticket for $425 (that's just bumping into it, not searching for it)

you wrote: but that wont affect 99.9999% of people on DD; I guess the number of members has grown substantially since I've checked last time. we basicaly touched the 1.000.000 members.

This get together might become claustrophobic.... 

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »
dude, how long have you been in yeshiva?

A nice thing to try would be buying a biz ticket departing in 11 month time which is fully refundable (and get it refunded).

This will probably give you the silver (you might need to fly just a simple flight to trigger it) + might help you to reach the required credit card expense, and so on.
I saw recently a BA Biz ticket for $425 (that's just bumping into it, not searching for it)

Ok #1 the BA website says 1 needs to book a flight and fly by 1/29/10

#2 to use the companion free tkt the Purchased tkt if coach must be Y,B, or H anything but Cheap

#3 it says its only open to Residents of Canada,USA,Latin Am,Carribean I highly doubt that they would allow anything but a WC or FC TATAL tkt as the min in order to get the free companion, and MUST BE a BA Exec Club member

#4 a TATL CW tkt for $425 I think the taxes and fees are more then that

#5 I never knew any Carriers program to give you type of Mileage credit or status until after you have flown the flights

#6 Buying a tkt for 11 months out and paying for it , will get a person the 100k as long as the tkt was for $2000 or more (but then a person can buy anything that costs $2000 with a full money back policy and bring it back to the store and get their $$ back, just be careful about the legth of time you have to return it and if theres any restocking fees). Now once those 100k post youd better use them ASAP cause once you CX the tkt most likely those miles will go bye bye. then be prepared for a long ahssle getting teh $$ back from taht tkt if they see  you used up the 100k in miles

heres the T&Cs from BAs site: http://www.britishairways.com/travel/fall09uspromo/public/en_us

maybe you found another promo

but for the time being whatever it is you are Drinking or Smoking I dont any of it