Author Topic: iPhone vs Android, Kashrus  (Read 640 times)

Offline jamezrp

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
iPhone vs Android, Kashrus
« on: July 04, 2022, 05:17:57 PM »
Hey folks, longtime reader, first-time forums user.

I've been in tech for ~20 years now. Been back and forth with iOS and Android; switched to Android after I got fed up with the iPhone for plenty of reasons, including how the phone has such limited options for shabbos and holidays without a ton of manual work. Android was much more flexible.

Fast forward to last year, my first son is born, and now the most important thing in a phone for me is photography and speed. My Samsung Galaxy S10 was too old, the S21 (at the time) and even Flip 2 (which I tried and said nevermind) both were not good enough. I shipped them both back, I don't need blurry pictures. The iPhone 13 Pro has been perfect.

Considering that I'm using a Mac for work and appreciate the time-saving elements of a singular ecosystem like Apple, it works for me except I just have to turn the phone off and put it away to avoid any accidents. I'm curious what you all do, and prefer, and why.

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone vs Android, Kashrus
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 11:26:07 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Kashrus??
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 12:15:37 PM »
Hey folks, longtime reader, first-time forums user.

I've been in tech for ~20 years now. Been back and forth with iOS and Android; switched to Android after I got fed up with the iPhone for plenty of reasons, including how the phone has such limited options for shabbos and holidays without a ton of manual work. Android was much more flexible.

Fast forward to last year, my first son is born, and now the most important thing in a phone for me is photography and speed. My Samsung Galaxy S10 was too old, the S21 (at the time) and even Flip 2 (which I tried and said nevermind) both were not good enough. I shipped them both back, I don't need blurry pictures. The iPhone 13 Pro has been perfect.

Considering that I'm using a Mac for work and appreciate the time-saving elements of a singular ecosystem like Apple, it works for me except I just have to turn the phone off and put it away to avoid any accidents. I'm curious what you all do, and prefer, and why.
???

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 12:20:23 PM »

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 01:03:00 PM »
Assuming zmanim
as in zmanim apps? Interesting. Never had an iphone.