Topic Wiki

Coupon rules:
  • Customer can only use one checking coupon per calendar year.
  • Customer must not have any checking accounts with Chase for the 90 days prior to account opening.
  • Customer must keep new account open for at least six months.
To avoid monthly fee, customer must perform one of the following qualifying activities: Direct deposits totaling $500 or more,
maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, or maintain an average daily balance of $5,000 in linked deposits/investments.
With a free college student account there is no minimum that you need to keep in the account.

Things that count as Direct Deposit
Transfer from Serve (worked for me 4/29/15)
Transfer from Redbird (worked for me 7/14/15)
« Last edited by Iz on September 23, 2016, 12:15:56 AM »

Author Topic: Chase checking coupons  (Read 414466 times)

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: Chase checking coupons
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »
I'm gonna keep the exclusives for both of use. Down the road, I might have to close on of our Freedoms for leverage.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2012, 10:07:11 PM »
I'm gonna keep the exclusives for both of use. Down the road, I might have to close on of our Freedoms for leverage.
You could keep the freedom open just don't spend on it.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
But I don't know whoms I'll have to sacrifice.

Offline Shmulyg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »
Thats why I'm no longer doing it... '12 was the last year....
Now you understand why they're grandfathering the Exclusives?...

C'mon, i expected you to come up with something better! There must be a loophole!

Take my case for example: I closed my checking account august 29th. A few weeks later i get a letter (which was shortly posted on the main site) stating that i have until November 30th (which fell after the 90-day wait period) to reopen my checking account lest i lose my exclusives (note that the official deadline to be grandfathered was November 11th). So there must be some timetable to reopen before you're thrown off.

This was just my experience. I can't guaranty this will always be the case. But we can't just let this annual $200 windfall, fly away in the wind.

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 31, 2012, 03:58:07 AM »
Thats why I'm no longer doing it... '12 was the last year....
Now you understand why they're grandfathering the Exclusives?...
Make sure you do the math that the marginal UR points you earn with your Freedom's 10x10 each year (as opposed to putting all this spend on an SP) is worth more than the $200 (or $400 if you churn twice a year).

You'd need a helluva lot of minor purchases to reach that threshold.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 31, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »
Make sure you do the math that the marginal UR points you earn with your Freedom's 10x10 each year (as opposed to putting all this spend on an SP) is worth more than the $200 (or $400 if you churn twice a year).

You'd need a helluva lot of minor purchases to reach that threshold.
A perk thats not available to the general public has some value itself besides the points....
But seriously, even though as of our current situattion you make sense, its still hard to justify canceling such a good perk, we have no idea how our spendings will look like in a few years.

Offline SPGCont

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
Chase checking coupons
« Reply #426 on: December 31, 2012, 04:12:09 PM »
Does anyone know if opening a chase business checking account (sole proprietorship ) will result in a credit pull ?

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 31, 2012, 05:23:14 PM »
anyone have a $200 coupon with no dd that they want to sell right now?

Offline sruly101

• View Profile

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 31, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »
I saw that but i want the codes asap.
Well ask/tell the seller that he dosent need to send it VIA Mail only he should VIA email

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 31, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
Slightly OT, but does anyone have a coupon code for opening a savings account (it's ok if it has a minimum 10k deposit)?

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 31, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »
Well ask/tell the seller that he dosent need to send it VIA Mail only he should VIA email
They usually do that without having to be asked. (Why waste a postage stamp for nothing?)

Offline RT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 31, 2012, 07:11:23 PM »
I saw that but i want the codes asap.
Usually codes from Ebay come via Email

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 31, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »
Usually codes from Ebay come via Email
Jinks! ;)

Offline gloreglabert

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 31, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »
I read over on FT that someone got a SM response from Chase indicating that Exclusives would be discontinued in 2013, even for grandfathered accounts, just FYI.  I'm still planning to cancel and churn.

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 01, 2013, 12:20:48 AM »
I read over on FT that someone got a SM response from Chase indicating that Exclusives would be discontinued in 2013, even for grandfathered accounts, just FYI.  I'm still planning to cancel and churn.
There has been a few reports like that in the freedom exclusives thread.
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline Awainer1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:57 PM »
Important Information
* Service Fee — Chase Total CheckingSM has no Monthly Service Fee when you do any one of the following each statement period: Option #1: Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR, Option #2: Keep the daily balance in your checking account at or above $1,500; OR, Option #3: Keep an average balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances. Otherwise a $12 Monthly Service Fee will apply ($10 Monthly Service Fee for CA, OR and WA). We will notify you of changes to your account terms or fees. For more information, please see a banker or visit chase.com/checking.

Bonus/Account Information — Offer not available to existing Chase customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. The bonus cannot be used as the opening deposit. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After we receive your first direct deposit, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. You can only receive one checking account-related bonus per calendar year. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Account Closing: —If your checking account is closed within six months, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.

Offline lfas25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 02, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
Important Information
* Service Fee — Chase Total CheckingSM has no Monthly Service Fee when you do any one of the following each statement period: Option #1: Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR, Option #2: Keep the daily balance in your checking account at or above $1,500; OR, Option #3: Keep an average balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances. Otherwise a $12 Monthly Service Fee will apply ($10 Monthly Service Fee for CA, OR and WA). We will notify you of changes to your account terms or fees. For more information, please see a banker or visit chase.com/checking.

Bonus/Account Information — Offer not available to existing Chase customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. The bonus cannot be used as the opening deposit. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After we receive your first direct deposit, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. You can only receive one checking account-related bonus per calendar year. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Account Closing: —If your checking account is closed within six months, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.

Is there a question or is this a public service announcement?
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 13, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »
pm me for 200$ code, only for personal use please. i have 1