Author Topic: Returning car to different airport (FLL->MIA)  (Read 712 times)

Offline YankelTodres

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Returning car to different airport (FLL->MIA)
« on: July 14, 2022, 10:40:08 PM »
I'm due to return a car to Thrifty at FLL tomorrow morning but I've changed my flight to now fly out of MIA. I can't seem to get an answer from thrifty customer service as to whether I can return it there or not. One customer service representative said I can do it for an extra $22 and then when I called back to go ahead they said it wasn't possible because the car was rented through a Priceline package.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Returning car to different airport (FLL->MIA)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 11:27:04 PM »
Not too long ago had a similar situation. They were going to charge a fortune for the different dropoff than pick up. NY airports.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline amx

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 06:32:03 PM »
Whatever happened? I have a similar situation.

Offline YankelTodres

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 05:19:02 PM »
I ended up returning to FLL and Ubering to MIA, not idea but not the biggest hassle as this was early morning so no traffic from Miami Beach to FLL and then from FLL to MIA.

Offline my08701

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 06:02:04 PM »
I'm due to return a car to Thrifty at FLL tomorrow morning but I've changed my flight to now fly out of MIA. I can't seem to get an answer from thrifty customer service as to whether I can return it there or not. One customer service representative said I can do it for an extra $22 and then when I called back to go ahead they said it wasn't possible because the car was rented through a Priceline package.

Any insights would be appreciated.
I did not see this thread, but was looking on a Dollar rental car thread.
I am also flying into FLL and leaving from MIA.
I once read online with Dollar about their "neighborhood location" that you can return to another airport, that is in the same state, not too far away.. I did not see exact terms so I was a little skeptical. Today I saw online by Dollar it says;

"Can I return my Dollar rental car to a different location?
A Return Change Fee of $12.99 will be applied if You return the Vehicle to a different location from that which was scheduled" (it also adds.., or if You return more than 24 hours before or 12 hours after the date and time previously scheduled, and You notify us of an early return or return location change more than 24 hours in advance ...)
this would seem to imply there is no issue. Has anyone experience with this? the difference is a $400-500 rental vs $900+