Author Topic: Fees waived and Compensation given  (Read 13082 times)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Re: Fees waived and Compensation given
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 11:48:37 PM »
BTW, I signed up for the United personal and business cards over two years ago and they never charged me the annual fee for those cards. I had some newer cards from united which did get hit with the annual fee but for some reason these two cards never did. Interesting.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 12:39:49 AM »
BTW, I signed up for the United personal and business cards over two years ago and they never charged me the annual fee for those cards. I had some newer cards from united which did get hit with the annual fee but for some reason these two cards never did. Interesting.
Hey! Me too! I have had the United card for like 3 years now and never got charged the annual fee. Pretty cool.
-Eli

levi

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 03:11:51 AM »
I have two international business/first tickets on Continental in R class which is a discounted fare and therefore it has many restrictions including, non-refundable and a $300 change fee per ticket!! After spending a nice amount of time on the phone and using some talking skills I got them to waive the change fee on both tickets!!

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 03:55:32 AM »
I just flew united and my flight was delayed for no real reason and I called up and told them I was delayed and it was a horrible flight and they gave me 5000 miles (originally they wanted to only give me 2000) then I called a week later to see since I had such a bad experience I told them I was told I would get a first class upgrade for my new reservation and why hadn't they applied it so they told me they don't see it stated but what the could give me is a 150 dollar gift cerificate.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:02:08 AM by Levi »