Author Topic: Capital One Price Freeze  (Read 718 times)

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Capital One Price Freeze
« on: July 27, 2022, 04:32:55 PM »
Here are the terms on the website

Freeze the Price of a Flight
Want a little extra time before you decide to book a flight? For some flights offered through Capital One Travel, you can “freeze” the price for a specific period of time by paying a small fee. Freezing the price of a flight will give you some extra time to plan your trip—and you won’t have to stress about the price potentially going up.

When you freeze the price of the flight, Capital One Travel will hold that price for you until the expiration date of your frozen price. That expiration date will be given to you before completing your purchase.

If the price of the flight increases after you freeze it (and before your frozen price expires), Capital One Travel will cover any fare increase up to your maximum refund limit. And if the price goes down, you’ll pay the current lower price.

If you’re ready to book your flight for the price you froze—or if you want to view the price you’ve frozen and the date it expires—simply:

Sign in to Capital One Travel.
Visit the “My Trips” page.
Select the “Frozen Prices” tab.
Click “Complete Booking.”
From there, ensure the details are correct and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete your booking.
If your frozen price has not expired but the flight is no longer available, Capital One Travel will give you the option to get a refund for the amount you paid to freeze it. Or if there are similar flights available, Capital One Travel might suggest those as an option for you to book instead.

Similar flights will have the exact same dates, origin and destination as the flight you froze. As long as it hasn’t expired, your frozen price will still be honored if you choose to book a similar flight. Capital One Travel will also cover the price difference up to the maximum refund amount that was specified when you froze the price.

A few more things that are good to know:

Frozen prices expire. The expiration date and time are specified when you pay to freeze the price, and you can see them in the Frozen Prices tab of the My Trips page any time. If you decide to book the flight after the frozen price expires, you’ll pay the airline’s current price.
You’ll receive a confirmation email when you freeze a flight price. The email will specify your maximum refund amount as well as the expiration date and time of your frozen price.
The frozen price is valid only for the number of passengers you indicated when you paid to freeze the price.
If you freeze the price for multiple passengers, you’ll need to book for all the passengers in order to purchase your tickets at the frozen price. For example, if you freeze the price for five passengers, you must book for all five. And if fewer than five seats are available, the flight is considered unavailable for you to book.
Due to airline contracts, Capital One Travel unfortunately can’t support any bookings in which the only traveler is younger than 18 years old. This means you can’t book a frozen trip price for a minor traveling alone.
Except in cases in which the frozen itinerary is canceled by the airline or sells out, the fee to freeze the price is nonrefundable. This means the fee to freeze is nonrefundable if you end up deciding not to book the flight.
The frozen price will only be applied if you book the flight through the Frozen Prices tab under the My Trips page or if you select the exact same flight from a new search through Capital One Travel.
If the price of the flight increases before your frozen price expires, Capital One Travel will cover the fare difference up to your maximum refund limit. This limit is noted in your frozen price confirmation email. If the price of the flight you froze has dropped, you’ll simply pay the lower price if you decide to book.
You can view the terms and conditions for frozen flight prices to learn more.

i tried this last night and now when i go to book the flight went up by $2 per person and it tells me that its not available anymore, yes, i know it wasnt worth the fee however the odd thing is that the flight is still for sale on their website, so apparently there is room. i tried calling and they were not helpful besides for offering a refund on my price freeze fee that i paid.

I am just wondering, did anyone ever use this, did it work? or is this just a scam?

Offline solmeir

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Capital One Price Freeze
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 12:06:25 AM »
Yes I used it for 2 tickets to EY during the winter. I saved $700 per ticket. This was right when they opened after COVID and flight jumped up in days.