Author Topic: renters insurance  (Read 10420 times)

Offline Yeki89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: renters insurance
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2013, 09:27:21 PM »
They told me:
The rates will not go up up down based on your claims, rather they may choose not to resign with you the following year.

P.S. They resigned.

Offline nutcase

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 01:45:13 AM »
I found state farm to be the cheapest for me..

Offline doublejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 09:21:58 AM »
They told me:
The rates will not go up up down based on your claims, rather they may choose not to resign with you the following year.

P.S. They resigned.

Yeah but does it stay or your overall property insurance record?

Because one day you will have a house and I think they look back and if for example you have 2 or 3 claims in past decade (or whatever) then they may consider you to be a risk.

Anyone know about this?

Offline bubkiz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:29 AM »
Yeah but does it stay or your overall property insurance record?

Because one day you will have a house and I think they look back and if for example you have 2 or 3 claims in past decade (or whatever) then they may consider you to be a risk.

Anyone know about this?
I'm under the impression that property claims are tracked by the C.L.U.E. report which is on the actual property not the person claiming. I had a large claim after Hurricane Irene and when I renewed, my rate stayed the same while my former landlord told me that when he shopped around his policy, my claim was effecting his rates.

Offline YSP

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 09:45:11 AM »
I'm under the impression that property claims are tracked by the C.L.U.E. report which is on the actual property not the person claiming. I had a large claim after Hurricane Irene and when I renewed, my rate stayed the same while my former landlord told me that when he shopped around his policy, my claim was effecting his rates.

They track both. It goes on the person and the property. So if you buy a house the following year it will affect your rate.

Offline YSP

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »

Irene was considered a catastrophic loss so they are not allowed to rate you based on a claim made during that time. same goes for any freak weather incident (sandy for example) It's state law.