Author Topic: Reservation Canceled  (Read 7397 times)

Offline Ralphie

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Reservation Canceled
« on: August 09, 2022, 12:21:35 AM »
My apologies if this belongs somewhere else. I was not sure where to post it. I am having a minor issue. I am wondering if someone has some advice for me. I am a rookie to the points/miles/cc game as you will probably soon see. Three weeks ago, I searched Kayak for a flight JFK-PTY. That led me to book 2 nonstop round-trip tickets for $500 per passenger through oojo.com with Copa Airlines. Yesterday I realized that I did not receive the e-ticket receipts that they were supposed to email to me. I called Oojo and they said that for some reason my reservation was canceled, and I need to book a new flight. After searching Kayak, I discovered that now the price is $1500 per passenger for that same flight. I called them and tried to reason with them that they should pay the amount of the price increase, but they were having none of it and she thinks the supervisor is in a meeting, etc. My question to this great community is, is there any way to get them to pay for the price increase? What other options do I have?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Reservation Canceled
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 01:18:19 AM »
My sympathies to you on missing out on a reasonable price for your flights.
I don't think you'll get anyone to honor the old price.  If there's someone to appeal to, you can try, but this happens and they don't take responsibility.
See if a different flight is a better price than $1500.  But don't look back:
If you were booking today for the first time, what flight would you choose? How much would you be willing to pay?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yerushabubby

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 07:10:31 AM »
Did they charge your credit card for the tickets?  If so, i would say that they owe you the tickets at that price.

We had a similar issue with tickets purchased through a different site, and they ended up making good on the tickets, after giving us a lot of grief.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 08:19:48 AM »
Have never heard of Oojo, but a quick google search shows they are horrible and astroturf the web with fake reviews. See this Reddit thread, which they tried to astroturf as well. https://reddit.com/r/travel/comments/qk4cut/is_oojo_a_reliable_company/

I definitely wouldn’t expect them to honor the price, check your credit card and dispute asap. And stay away from shady OTAs.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Ralphie

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 12:20:10 PM »
My sympathies to you on missing out on a reasonable price for your flights.
I don't think you'll get anyone to honor the old price.  If there's someone to appeal to, you can try, but this happens and they don't take responsibility.
See if a different flight is a better price than $1500.  But don't look back:
If you were booking today for the first time, what flight would you choose? How much would you be willing to pay?
Thanks for the advice, I will do that.
Did they charge your credit card for the tickets?  If so, i would say that they owe you the tickets at that price.
They did not.
Have never heard of Oojo, but a quick google search shows they are horrible and astroturf the web with fake reviews. See this Reddit thread, which they tried to astroturf as well. https://reddit.com/r/travel/comments/qk4cut/is_oojo_a_reliable_company/

I definitely wouldn’t expect them to honor the price, check your credit card and dispute asap. And stay away from shady OTAs.
Wow! Thanks for the advice!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 12:35:15 PM »
Do you have a confirmation email from them at all? Does it show price you paid?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Ralphie

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 01:11:00 PM »
Do you have a confirmation email from them at all? Does it show price you paid?
I have a confirmation email from them but it does not show the price.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 04:54:36 PM »
I have a confirmation email from them but it does not show the price.

Yeah, you're out of luck.

<but wonders why a confirmation email doesn't have a price>
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Ralphie

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 05:37:12 PM »
Yeah, you're out of luck.

<but wonders why a confirmation email doesn't have a price>
Lol! Thanks though!