Author Topic: Hawaiian Airlines Business Card 80,000 Miles SUB, plus $99 statement credit  (Read 635 times)

Offline AYHG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
This seems to be the highest ever offer for this card.

I'm wondering about the practical value of 80K Hawaiian miles for someone who won't be traveling to Hawaii in the foreseeable future. What are these points worth if I were to sell them?

They used to be transferable to Hilton points at a 1:2 (and later 1:1.5) ratio and to Wyndham via Caesars, but those options no longer seem to exist. This page on their website claims that they can now be redeemed for Marriott Bonvoy points (no ratio info is given), but when clicking on it you get redirected to their third party interface to book hotels directly with their miles at terrible valuations. I sent them an email 2 days ago to inquire if they're transferable to actual Bonvoy points as implied on their website, but I've yet to hear back.

You can book JetBlue with Hawaiian miles over the phone, but the valuations listed here don't seem very appealing. I would see the value though for booking Virgin Atlantic flights.

Offline AYHG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
For anyone interested, I got the following response from Hawaiian regarding transferring HawaiianMiles to Marriott Bonvoy:

Aloha,
Thank you for your follow-up.
I have received an update from our Support Team, and our deepest apologies for all the confusion.

This process they advised does not go live until September hence the reason it was not yet cascaded to our agents as to why they were unable to assist you with further information. With this, I again apologize.
For now, the Bonvoy icon has been unpublished from the redeem page and the Marriott Bonvoy Partner page is back to normal.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to you.

So apparently the page went up too early and they took it down due to my inquiry. They will presumably bring it back soon and the link will lead to somewhere useful. As of now, the link in my original post leads back to their old partnership page.

I followed up requesting the transfer ratio, but they responded that "This has not yet been cascaded, as has not yet taken effect. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide this information at this time." If the transfer ratio will be the same as the 3:1 Bonvoy to Miles ratio in reverse, the current 80,000 offer would be a great way to replenish Bonvoy Rewards with 240,000 points! Even at 1:2 it would still be good value at 160,000 points.

We'll need to wait and see.

Offline AYHG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
This transfer option is now live, but the transfer ratio is a pathetic 2:1 miles to points. see here: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawaiianmiles2/redeem/non-flight-partners and here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/miles/miles-to-points.mi

It's made even more ridiculous considering that the points to miles ratio is 3:1 when redeeming bonvoy points for miles, so transferring miles to points would give you a sixth of the points you'd get if you were doing the transfer the other way around.