Author Topic: Fauci To Resign  (Read 10142 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Fauci To Resign
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2022, 02:47:36 PM »
Lol. Have a blessed day
Same to you.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2022, 03:15:52 PM »
Just remember that the investigations will have nothing to do with politics. It will be his policies like shutting down the whole country. Oh, wait that was the president that did that.  :)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-nothing-hide-dismisses-gop-oversight-character-assassination

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2022, 04:08:16 PM »
Just remember that the investigations will have nothing to do with politics. It will be his policies like shutting down the whole country. Oh, wait that was the president that did that.  :)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-nothing-hide-dismisses-gop-oversight-character-assassination
Investigations by politicians will be nothing but politics.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline WAM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2022, 02:10:18 AM »
However good Fauci was for his entire career until COVID, he wasn't a household name.
He became super famous after COVID.
At that time, he also lied countless times to the American public and made his medical statements political.

Did Trump (youknowho) make things overly political? Absolutely, and he shouldn't have.
But that doesn't excuse what Fauci did. Doctors should not play politics.
He was terrible for the country over COVID and I think if he would retired in 2019, there would be tens of thousands of fewer casualties.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2022, 07:04:26 AM »
He was terrible for the country over COVID and I think if he would retired in 2019, there would be tens of thousands of fewer casualties.
So telling everyone to mask up and social distance caused casualties?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2022, 07:51:45 AM »
No, it's the millions or was it billions? Of people dying from the evil vaccines he put in our drinking water.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2022, 08:57:55 AM »
No, it's the millions or was it billions? Of people dying from the evil vaccines he put in our drinking water.
/s ?

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2022, 09:50:04 AM »
Lying about the masks not being helpful (at first) led to many folks not trusting anything that came out of his mouth.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2022, 10:00:28 AM »
Lying about the masks not being helpful (at first) led to many folks not trusting anything that came out of his mouth.

Would it have been better if doctors and nurses all got sick in the early days and hospitals shut down?

Asking seriously. I don't know the answer, he justified that because then doctors wouldn't have been able to get N95 masks.

What they got totally wrong was that all masks help, but they didn't know that at the time, and not necessarily would anyone else have been better, could have been many people worse.

I think most people that hate him either 1. Believe he made the virus or 2. Hate how long he kept masks for and mandatory vaccination support etc.

I don't know many that are mad because he killed people, that seems like a hindsight justification for other feelings about him due to his political policies.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2022, 10:18:10 AM »
I think most people that hate him either 1. Believe he made the virus or 2. Hate how long he kept masks for and mandatory vaccination support etc.
You forgot the obvious #3 reason.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2022, 05:07:04 PM »
Would it have been better if doctors and nurses all got sick in the early days and hospitals shut down?

Asking seriously. I don't know the answer, he justified that because then doctors wouldn't have been able to get N95 masks.

What they got totally wrong was that all masks help, but they didn't know that at the time, and not necessarily would anyone else have been better, could have been many people worse.

I don't know many that are mad because he killed people, that seems like a hindsight justification for other feelings about him due to his political policies.
I think there are better ways than lying. Either tell ppl that buying masks may kill you because you won't be able to go to the hospital or the US gov could have stepped in and made it illegal to sell masks to non-hospitals.
Once you start lying, people no longer believe you.
The fact that he then went on to make science about politics and his ego certainly didn't help.
From early on in COVID, I thought he would have been much better off if he never spoke to the public. That wasn't his job, he was never a politician. He was a wealthy scientist that didn't understand how to properly speak to the general public. He should have had a spokesperson.

You forgot the obvious #3 reason.
Because they're EDs?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 05:20:33 PM by WAM »

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2022, 05:28:57 PM »
I think there are better ways than lying. Either tell ppl that buying masks may kill you because you won't be able to go to the hospital or the US gov could have stepped in and made it illegal to sell masks to non-hospitals.
The fact that he then went on to make science about politics and his ego certainly didn't help.
From early on in COVID, I thought he would have been much better off if he never spoke to the public. That wasn't his job, he was never a politician. He was a wealthy scientist that didn't understand how to properly speak to the general public. He should have had a spokesperson.
Because they're EDs?
Wait, you are blaming him for being in the spotlight?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2022, 06:18:54 PM »
I think there are better ways than lying. Either tell ppl that buying masks may kill you because you won't be able to go to the hospital
And you think people would have listened? Again, could have been MUCH worse in you scenario.

or the US gov could have stepped in and made it illegal to sell masks to non-hospitals.
He isn't the Government, that has NOTHING to do with him, That was Trump's failure, there were a lot of things he could have done better. He could have forced mask and textile production companies to create free masks for the country. He/federal government didn't. But again nothing to do with Fauci.

So again, as I said, people don't like him because of other reasons, to say he killed tens of thousands is a hindsight coverup for other feelings.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2022, 11:24:38 PM »
Wait, you are blaming him for being in the spotlight?
Not quite. But for staying in the spotlight when he clearly couldn't handle it.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2022, 11:34:56 PM »
And you think people would have listened? Again, could have been MUCH worse in you scenario.
Maybe, maybe not. But it's not a big deal for me when politicians lie - that's pretty much what happens anytime they open their mouth. He went from dr to politician. He wasn't the only one in the health care industry to make medicine more political than scientific, but he certainly had a large part. If he would have stepped out of the limelight and focused on what he was (presumably) good at, I would not be upset at him for this.
He isn't the Government, that has NOTHING to do with him, That was Trump's failure, there were a lot of things he could have done better. He could have forced mask and textile production companies to create free masks for the country. He/federal government didn't.
True.
But again nothing to do with Fauci.
He was an enabler. By lying to us all he made it easy for Trump to pin everything on him. If he would have said the truth, Trump would have been forced to deal with it.
So again, as I said, people don't like him because of other reasons, to say he killed tens of thousands is a hindsight coverup for other feelings.
Other than what I posted above, why do you think I didn't like him? He should take responsibility for his actions.
Are there other reasons not to like him? Perhaps, but this comes first. If he got his doctorate in my university and I had any say in the matter, I would have revoked it long ago.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2022, 11:40:09 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. But it's not a big deal for me when politicians lie - that's pretty much what happens anytime they open their mouth. He went from dr to politician. He wasn't the only one in the health care industry to make medicine more political than scientific, but he certainly had a large part. If he would have stepped out of the limelight and focused on what he was (presumably) good at, I would not be upset at him for this.True.He was an enabler. By lying to us all he made it easy for Trump to pin everything on him. If he would have said the truth, Trump would have been forced to deal with it.Other than what I posted above, why do you think I didn't like him? He should take responsibility for his actions.
Are there other reasons not to like him? Perhaps, but this comes first. If he got his doctorate in my university and I had any say in the matter, I would have revoked it long ago.
You don't like his politics, good, I didn't like a lot of it either.

I took issue with:

And you've retracted that it seems, with your "Maybe, maybe not" which is the bottom line for most COVID decisions especially in the early days. so :))

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2022, 11:46:06 PM »
You don't like his politics, good, I didn't like a lot of it either.

I took issue with:

And you've retracted that it seems, with your "Maybe, maybe not" which is the bottom line for most COVID decisions especially in the early days. so :))

That was not a retraction.
"Would ppl have listened to politicians?"
Maybe maybe not. But they would have had more trust in the medical system. If a doctor wouldn't have been spitting out his political ideology as scientific facts, more people would trust doctors when they speak.
I trust the Fauci like I trust the NYT - it might be true, it might not. Then other doctors were following his scientific political statement because they didn't wanna be canceled.
Which made the whole medical system suspect.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2022, 11:49:01 PM »
That was not a retraction.
"Would ppl have listened to politicians?"
Maybe maybe not. But they would have had more trust in the medical system. If a doctor wouldn't have been spitting out his political ideology as scientific facts, more people would trust doctors when they speak.
I trust the Fauci like I trust the NYT - it might be true, it might not. Then other doctors were following his scientific political statement because they didn't wanna be canceled.
Which made the whole medical system suspect.
Maybe maybe maybe. You aren't even Monday morning quarterbacking now, just theorizing about maybe it could have been this or that if this or that.

Maybe he tells everyone N95 is the only mask to work, hospital system crashes, and the first 3 months has 10x the deaths we had to date.

He saved millions. Who knows!

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2022, 11:54:24 PM »
Maybe maybe maybe. You aren't even Monday morning quarterbacking now, just theorizing about maybe it could have been this or that if this or that.

Maybe he tells everyone N95 is the only mask to work, hospital system crashes, and the first 3 months has 10x the deaths we had to date.

He saved millions. Who knows!
ok you win.
I owe him my life. Fauxi for king!
My point is that whether ppl would have listened to the politicians or not doesn't matter. The entire medical system would have been better off (my opinion, which is why I wrote "I think") it there ppl could trust doctors more.
I'm not talking about how much I dislike his political opinions, I'm saying he should never have spoken politics in his position.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2022, 11:58:20 PM »
Btw, I think politicians should also take responsibility for their mistakes in theory, but I wouldn't ever expect that to happen.
Can I talk about Trump, Biden and the Tappan Zee Bridge's son? Sure, there's plenty to say about their wrongdoings. But in Fauci's case it bothers me more because he isn't even a politician. He should have just shut up and done his job, let the politicians do the garbage. Instead, he went where he never should have and did a worse job than the politicians would have done.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 02:51:30 AM by WAM »