Author Topic: Fauci To Resign  (Read 9847 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Fauci To Resign
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2022, 12:02:07 AM »
ok you win.
I owe him my life. Fauxi for king!
My point is that whether ppl would have listened to the politicians or not doesn't matter. The entire medical system would have been better off (my opinion, which is why I wrote "I think") it there ppl could trust doctors more.
I'm not talking about how much I dislike his political opinions, I'm saying he should never have spoken politics in his position.
IME doctors often gave advice on party lines with COVID. Didn't matter what Fauci said or not. At least when talked to one on one they would, which is what everyone should have done.

You think people didn't wear masks or get vaccines because Fauci said to not mask in the beginning? There is so much more to it than that.

You probably live in a liberal state, and also hate the mask mandates and vaccine requirements and lockdowns, but I was in FL, as Dan said:

At the end of the day party lines were party lines, Fauci happened to fall on one side in most cases. But plenty of other people fought it.

Did the people who fought Fauci and liberal policies die less?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2022, 12:03:48 AM »
Btw, I think politicians should also take responsibility for their mistakes in theory, but I wouldn't ever expect that to happen.
Can I tell about Trump, Biden and the Tappan Zee Bridge's son? Sure, there's plenty to say about their wrongdoings. But in Fauci's case it bothers me more because he isn't even a politician. He should have just shut up and done his job, let the politicians do the garbage. Instead, he went where he never should have and did a worse job than the politicians would have done.
If everyone did the same bad, did people do bad?

Does a hitter apologize for batting .400? He missed so often, he should apologize profusely!

Offline WAM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2022, 12:10:37 AM »
Does a hitter apologize for batting .400? He missed so often, he should apologize profusely!
Aaron Judge hasn't been apologizing - he's above that in the last month. Perhaps that's because his OBP is above .500 in that same time, but I guess that's a conversation for a different thread.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2022, 12:21:48 AM »
IME doctors often gave advice on party lines with COVID. Didn't matter what Fauci said or not. At least when talked to one on one they would, which is what everyone should have done.

You think people didn't wear masks or get vaccines because Fauci said to not mask in the beginning? There is so much more to it than that.

You probably live in a liberal state, and also hate the mask mandates and vaccine requirements and lockdowns, but I was in FL, as Dan said:
At the end of the day party lines were party lines, Fauci happened to fall on one side in most cases. But plenty of other people fought it.

Did the people who fought Fauci and liberal policies die less?
I don't think we gonna agree on this, but my main point is, I think partly because of him, there are less people who will believe doctors opinions in various scenarios. I think that is dangerous and can cause more people to die.
Also, I do think that people who were generally more cautious during COVID and relied on Fauci's guesses or his politics would have been even more careful.

Also, even if you're right, and the number same number of people would have died due to politicians making dumb policies. But that wouldn't have been Fauci's fault in that case.

If Barney was gonna kill Fred and Wilma killed Fred before Barney had a chance to, Barney won't be tried for murder. Nobody will be yelling how Barney murdered Fred - because Wilma did. That doesn't make Barney a good guy. However, if Wilma was a good women, Barney would have killed Fred.
Nobody would be yelling about Wilma and everybody would be yelling at Barney.

Fauci = Wilma.

Online yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2022, 12:39:44 AM »
Would it have been better if doctors and nurses all got sick in the early days and hospitals shut down?

Asking seriously. I don't know the answer, he justified that because then doctors wouldn't have been able to get N95 masks.

This is rewriting history. There were tens of millions of N95 masks in the US when COVID broke out. Guess what Fauci did to ensure hospitals had enough masks in case COVID reached the US. Absolutely nothing. US stockpile was allowed to dwindle down to nothing, Fauci did nothing to stop companies from exporting masks to China. I know people who sold tons of N95's to China. To cover up for his incompetence, Fauci intentionally lied that masks were useless in a failed attempt to retain the precious few masks they had remaining in the US. If lying was ever a good strategy to retain masks, he missed that train by a month. Afterwards the only thing he gained was the distrust of literally half the country, and you can't blame them.

His lies about masks were extremely successful. I walked through Cornell with a mask at end of February (when COVID was spreading untested and undetected), doctors literally laughed at me in the elevator claiming that masks were unnecessary.

Testing for COVID was an absolute disaster as well, and used a coverup to claim COVID was non-existent in the US. While it took South Korea and Germany 1-2 weeks to test thousands per day, US was at a couple dozen tests per day 5 weeks later.
Visibly Jewish

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2022, 12:47:38 AM »
If Barney was gonna kill Fred and Wilma killed Fred before Barney had a chance to, Barney won't be tried for murder. Nobody will be yelling how Barney murdered Fred - because Wilma did. That doesn't make Barney a good guy. However, if Wilma was a good women, Barney would have killed Fred.
Nobody would be yelling about Wilma and everybody would be yelling at Barney.

Fauci = Wilma.
This is so faulty. Because you don't know if Barney killed Fred or saved millions of peoples lives. Variables are completely different. If Barney didn't exist Fred and his whole family might be dead. It's based on conjecture stemming from other personal feelings against other policies IMO. And that is what's skewing your views against him personally.

Again, Did the people who fought Fauci and liberal policies die less?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2022, 12:50:35 AM »
This is rewriting history. There were tens of millions of N95 masks in the US when COVID broke out. Guess what Fauci did to ensure hospitals had enough masks in case COVID reached the US. Absolutely nothing. US stockpile was allowed to dwindle down to nothing, Fauci did nothing to stop companies from exporting masks to China. I know people who sold tons of N95's to China. To cover up for his incompetence, Fauci intentionally lied that masks were useless in a failed attempt to retain the precious few masks they had remaining in the US. If lying was ever a good strategy to retain masks, he missed that train by a month. Afterwards the only thing he gained was the distrust of literally half the country, and you can't blame them.

His lies about masks were extremely successful. I walked through Cornell with a mask at end of February (when COVID was spreading untested and undetected), doctors literally laughed at me in the elevator claiming that masks were unnecessary.

Testing for COVID was an absolute disaster as well, and used a coverup to claim COVID was non-existent in the US. While it took South Korea and Germany 1-2 weeks to test thousands per day, US was at a couple dozen tests per day 5 weeks later.

Fauci had the power to stop exports of masks?

Also, what did I rewrite?

Online yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2022, 12:53:53 AM »
Fauci had the power to stop exports of masks?

Also, what did I rewrite?

Yes he did have the power, if not with his pen, his word was accepted as gospel. As the top health official in the US, the buck stops with him.

You are rewriting that he had a good excuse to lie about masks in order to save doctors. That is fake news. It also caused more harm than any possible positive outcome.
Visibly Jewish

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2022, 12:58:18 AM »
Yes he did have the power, if not with his pen, his word was accepted as gospel. As the top health official in the US, the buck stops with him.
Except that is not true, talk about rewriting history. He didn't have the power and the buck didn't stop with him.

Maybe that's your feeling though.

You are rewriting that he had a good excuse to lie in order to save doctors. That is fake news.
I don't think I said that. I think I said he used it as an excuse and I don't think someone can say what would have happened otherwise.

I have no interest in getting into hypotheticals, but simply put he was a player in a political and scientific machine. If you don't think he was playing with a leash on, you are ignoring obvious truths of how things operate in DC.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2022, 01:03:28 AM »
Personally I think the scientific method and how doctors are trained to think based on evidence was a larger failure than one guy.

But again, everyone preformed poorly in different regards. So if everyone was a bunch of losers, who's to say that someone needs to apologize. Baseballs players miss more than they hit, do they apologize? Of course not that's ridiculous.

Usually you compare a doctor with the standard of care of a similar doctor in the same situation. That simply doesn't exist here. So to put negligence, blame, fault, is something that is very hard to justify IMO. Seems to me everyone was batting .250-.400, they all stink, but they also are all good enough for the majors and if that's the standard, missing .600-.750 percent of the time, seems like the norm.

Online yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2022, 01:09:52 AM »
Except that is not true, talk about rewriting history. He didn't have the power and the buck didn't stop with him.

I definitely disagree, he had plenty of sway, his word was gospel. And for 40 years he was considered the top health official, saying the buck doesn't stop with him is rewriting history. What he said became the standard.

I don't think I said that. I think I said he used it as an excuse and I don't think someone can say what would have happened otherwise.

I have no interest in getting into hypotheticals, but simply put he was a player in a political and scientific machine. If you don't think he was playing with a leash on, you are ignoring obvious truths of how things operate in DC.

While I can understand his motivations, if you can't say the unobjective scientific truth because of politics, it's time to remove the MD from your title. You also deserve every ounce of blame coming your way for promoting politics over the objective truth.
Visibly Jewish

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2022, 01:13:23 AM »
I definitely disagree, he had plenty of sway, his word was gospel. And for 40 years he was considered the top health official, saying the buck doesn't stop with him is rewriting history. What he said became the standard.

While I can understand his motivations, if you can't say the unobjective scientific truth because of politics, it's time to remove the MD from your title. You also deserve every ounce of blame coming your way for promoting politics over the objective truth.
Buck shmuck... I basically agree with you. Now did tens of thousands of people die as a direct result of his actions. That I don't know and take issue if someone says they do know.

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2022, 02:39:19 AM »
I have no interest in getting into hypotheticals
This is so faulty. Because you don't know if Barney killed Fred or saved millions of peoples lives.
I think you aren't getting my point. True, I don't know, I never said I did. I'm ok with the hypotheticals.
but simply put he was a player in a political and scientific machine.
FTFY
That I don't know and take issue if someone says they do know think.
Is this fix correct, so  :))?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 02:55:01 AM by WAM »

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2022, 02:46:54 AM »
If you can't say the unobjective scientific truth because of politics, it's time to remove the MD from your title.
This! This right here is my point.
You heard of Dr. Randall H Paul?
He's better known nowadays as Rand Paul. Even though he's a dr. He doesn't prance around as a dr because he's currently busy being a politician.
Actually it's ironic how the politician (Rand Paul) seemed to care more about medicine than the dr (Moreinu vrabbeinu Fauci) seemed to care about it.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2022, 03:18:16 AM »
He's better known nowadays as Rand Paul. Even though he's a dr.
Well in Lakewood he'd be a Rabbi

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2022, 09:24:57 AM »
I love how everyone wants to rewrite history to fit their narrative.

Fauci made his mask comments early on when very little was know. In April of 2020 the CDC recommended wearing mask and he backed that decision. They are the ones in charge and not Fauci. So if you want to say he lied or was mistaken go right ahead but get the facts straight.

If you want to show you are objective then where is the outrage against the president that basically lied every day about covid?

The hate for Fauci comes overwhelmingly from going against the president in pointing out his lies.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2022, 09:26:30 AM »
Actually it's ironic how the politician (Rand Paul) seemed to care more about medicine than the dr (Moreinu vrabbeinu Fauci) seemed to care about it.
I love an objective view.  ::)

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2022, 09:29:46 AM »
Was this a lie?
2/5/20
Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you."

He added: "I do not recommend that you wear a mask, particularly since you are going to a very low risk location."

Online yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2022, 09:35:08 AM »
I love how everyone wants to rewrite history to fit their narrative.

I literally said it at the time…just because you fell for his lies doesn’t mean everyone was gullible.
Visibly Jewish

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »
Well in Lakewood he'd be a Rabbi
I have never seen a medical doctor titled rabbi in Lakewood.
Feelings don't care about your facts