Author Topic: Interesting podcasts (episodes)  (Read 788 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Interesting podcasts (episodes)
« on: August 29, 2022, 11:41:39 AM »
CMIIW, but I didn't see a thread dedicated to interesting podcasts like we have for Articles, Tweets, Videos and pictures. So I would like to start this thread for podcasts (specific installments, rather than podcast series in general). I would suggest that where available, the title/subtitle/toc is quoted as I did below, rather than just the link.

I often don't have patience for listening, and I actually found YouTube to be quite ideal due to control of speed, automatic subtitles/cc (huge help, especially with 2x speed), and picking up where I left off regardless of device. So when posting links to episodes, if a YouTube version is available please post that (or anything else that has the advantages I mention).

As a first, I would like to offer the following which I am currently listening to (almost done). I find it fascinating on many fronts, covering global geopolitics, economics (including an interesting take on gold), crypto, climate change, etc. (I was drawn to it due to the reference in the title to "the Fourth Turning", though that only gets mentioned around 55 minutes in.

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/nYZGlmX6HXY (it is also available on their website as well as other podcast platforms).

In this episode, Niels and Cem are joined by Peter Zeihan, author and Geopolitical strategist, to discuss the New World Order and World War III, how the Globalization has become a new battleground rather than a barrier to conflict, the role of technology in modern warfare, how the US were able to read Putin's emails and the impact of war on a national and global scale, the military and political power of China, America and Russia and the relationship between them and the rest of the world, how democracy is affected by the “age of emergency”, the financial aspects of war and crises, crypto as a potential economic asset and much more.

#toptraders #investing #trendfollowing #globalmacro

Episode Summary
00:00 - Intro
04:15 - How we got to the brink of WW3?
09:42 - The role of technology
18:32 - The relationship with China
28:25 - Submarines and the war in Ukraine
40:38 - Age of Emergency and the threat to Democracy
47:58 - Autocracy and technology
54:34 - The financial perspective
59:39 - The role of Crypto
01:02:39 - Climate change
01:06:56 - Trading advices
01:10:42 - The role and future of Governments
01:17:11 - Thanks for listening
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:46:20 AM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan