Author Topic: Instacart Master Thread  (Read 29775 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Instacart Master Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2023, 05:27:01 PM »
Agreed just saw some other websites recently claiming it works though hasn't for me (hope ok to post link if not please delete- found it when googled it) :

https://www.cnbc.com/select/chase-instacart-express-benefit-for-cardholders/
Need to bring proof from articles not written by chatgpt.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2023, 02:41:30 PM »
Is there a way to choose how much of instarcart credit you want to use (Ie. from a giftcard), so that I can leave only $15 to billed on Card? The $15 back from chase not really that much of a help unless you order is under $100 as gift cards are usually a better deal....

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2023, 02:42:16 PM »
Is there a way to choose how much of instarcart credit you want to use (Ie. from a giftcard), so that I can leave only $15 to billed on Card? The $15 back from chase not really that much of a help unless you order is under $100 as gift cards are usually a better deal....
No ime

Offline monsey yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2023, 11:51:42 PM »
Any coupon codes for existing users?
If you like my post give me a like!

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2023, 07:40:32 AM »
Try placing an order for $15 or so from a random store or place to be scheduled for later.  See of that ties up $15 and leaves the gc bal with 85 which in return would allow for you to use the cc together with the gc. Or go over the gc amount. 
Ps. You can always ask the driver for the receipt and opt in to a store gc refund when returning.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2023, 07:44:07 AM »
Try placing an order for $15 or so from a random store or place to be scheduled for later.  See of that ties up $15 and leaves the gc bal with 85 which in return would allow for you to use the cc together with the gc. Or go over the gc amount. 
Ps. You can always ask the driver for the receipt and opt in to a store gc refund when returning.
Sounds confusing to me.. once you use credit card, seems payment method will stay that way even if you add items. 

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2023, 01:52:59 PM »
Sounds confusing to me.. once you use credit card, seems payment method will stay that way even if you add items.
Can you use a GC first and have the cc cover the remaing balance?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2023, 01:55:59 PM »
Can you use a GC first and have the cc cover the remaing balance?
I believe so but once you load a gc into account it applies the whole value to acct. You're saying buy a $15 gc or order total should = $10/15 cc amount + gc value

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2023, 01:59:02 PM »
I believe so but once you load a gc into account it applies the whole value to acct. You're saying buy a $15 gc or order total should = $10/15 cc amount + gc value
What happens when you place an order for walmart for $15 using the gc?
 Trying to put x amount ofnfunds on hold that will make the balance in the card 15 under you total so you can use your cc to cover the 15 over.
 And then after that orders goes through and is delivered cancel that scheduled delivery.

Unless that won't work. As they don't charge you or put a hold until the order is complete.

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2023, 02:05:15 PM »
What happens when you place an order for walmart for $15 using the gc?
 Trying to put x amount ofnfunds on hold that will make the balance in the card 15 under you total so you can use your cc to cover the 15 over.
 And then after that orders goes through and is delivered cancel that scheduled delivery.

Unless that won't work. As they don't charge you or put a hold until the order is complete.
Gemara cup lol

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2023, 07:11:31 PM »
My account is flagged.

We work hard to address order issues and want to ensure all of our shoppers and customers comply with our Community Guidelines. Since we received a high number of order issue reports from your Instacart account, we can’t approve your refund, credit, or redelivery request at this time.

To appeal your recent order issue, please email orderappeals@instacart.com, and we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
The Instacart Team

Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2023, 07:14:32 PM »
My account is flagged.

We work hard to address order issues and want to ensure all of our shoppers and customers comply with our Community Guidelines. Since we received a high number of order issue reports from your Instacart account, we can’t approve your refund, credit, or redelivery request at this time.

To appeal your recent order issue, please email orderappeals@instacart.com, and we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
The Instacart Team
This seems to be very common. They claim 100% satisfaction guarantee, but when you get the wrong item/ don't get an item and request a refund , it gets used against you.  Did you request a lot of refunds? Seems very easy to get flagged, and now when you get the wrong item or are charged incorrectly, there is no one to talk to..

Offline Essen est zich

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2023, 07:17:14 PM »
This seems to be very common. They claim 100% satisfaction guarantee, but when you get the wrong item/ don't get an item and request a refund , it gets used against you.  Did you request a lot of refunds? Seems very easy to get flagged, and now when you get the wrong item or are charged incorrectly, there is no one to talk to..
Recently every order I have made is usually missing an item, or has something damaged as the shoppers cram it into 1 bag.

It's a pain as I need to appeal every item.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 07:24:43 PM by Essen est zich »
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2023, 07:38:47 PM »
Gemara cup lol

I wrote my post in haste and didn't bother checking the spelling. It's probably a bit difficult to understand what I wrote, but if you understood, thumbs up.

The same trick would work for Amazon using your GC, should you want to use an Amex offer that requires you to use at least one point. Let me play out the scenario for you.

An item you want to buy on Amazon costs $100. You have an Amazon GC worth $110. Now, you want to use your GC to cover the full balance, but you also want to use an Amex offer that gives you 40% off if you use one point.

So, buying an item for $50.02 would leave you with a GC balance of $59.98. The item will now cost $59.99 after applying the one point, allowing you to use the Amex offer and the GC. I haven't done this in some time, but back in the day, I had Dan write about it and DoC. It was a little trick to get both perks.

As for Instacart, I'm not saying it will work, but I'm just thinking out loud. Try the above for instacart and see of you can hold the balance and then cancel that order.

I got $50 off $100 from Walmart 6 time BH iber the summer, and I used each one with $15 back from Chase, buying items with a "buy 25 get 7" deal. This effectively lowered the amount I needed to spend while still getting $65 back. Just thinking outside the box will sometimes take you to new places you have yet to discover.

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2023, 08:46:39 PM »

I wrote my post in haste and didn't bother checking the spelling. It's probably a bit difficult to understand what I wrote, but if you understood, thumbs up.

The same trick would work for Amazon using your GC, should you want to use an Amex offer that requires you to use at least one point. Let me play out the scenario for you.

An item you want to buy on Amazon costs $100. You have an Amazon GC worth $110. Now, you want to use your GC to cover the full balance, but you also want to use an Amex offer that gives you 40% off if you use one point.

So, buying an item for $50.02 would leave you with a GC balance of $59.98. The item will now cost $59.99 after applying the one point, allowing you to use the Amex offer and the GC. I haven't done this in some time, but back in the day, I had Dan write about it and DoC. It was a little trick to get both perks.

As for Instacart, I'm not saying it will work, but I'm just thinking out loud. Try the above for instacart and see of you can hold the balance and then cancel that order.

I got $50 off $100 from Walmart 6 time BH iber the summer, and I used each one with $15 back from Chase, buying items with a "buy 25 get 7" deal. This effectively lowered the amount I needed to spend while still getting $65 back. Just thinking outside the box will sometimes take you to new places you have yet to discover.

But this only works if you have an az gc for $100 what if you have more ie 500 etc on acct. You buy an item for 450?

Also what's the "buy 25 get 7" deal?

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2023, 07:21:54 PM »

But this only works if you have an az gc for $100 what if you have more ie 500 etc on acct. You buy an item for 450?

Also what's the "buy 25 get 7" deal?
Well said I never had a problem finding stuff to order and then schedule for delivery next week or the latest date and then cancel 5 min later.

25 get 7 was for example buy 25 worth of oreos get 7 off. Or 28 on diapers gets 5 off. Something like that.
Gs.

Offline ae123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2023, 11:13:30 PM »
This is the 3rd time I was targeted for 2x $50 off $100 at wallmart.
Check your emails
Email subject "Keep it breezy with $50 off at Walmart"
Current offer expires 8/10/23
We have 2 accounts in the family.
Only one received these offers.
Why would that be?

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2023, 11:18:09 PM »
We have 2 accounts in the family.
Only one received these offers.
Why would that be?
This is current? Could be random or they have some algorithm

Offline ae123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2023, 11:38:20 PM »
This is current? Could be random or they have some algorithm
I'm referring to the $50 off $100 at Walmart from a few weeks ago.

Offline Essen est zich

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2023, 11:39:45 PM »
I'm referring to the $50 off $100 at Walmart from a few weeks ago.
I didn't get it on 2 accounts. It seems that they're targeted.
Shloffen Shloft Zich