Author Topic: Kyrie Irving Anti-Semitism  (Read 16375 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Kyrie Irving Anti-Semitism
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2022, 02:54:42 PM »
Exactly so how are they not holding white people accountable?
By not asking about a high-profile controversy.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2022, 03:44:58 PM »
By not asking about a high-profile controversy.
You dont see a difference between what they do and do not ask him?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2022, 03:56:33 PM »
You dont see a difference between what they do and do not ask him?
Yes I see a difference, but I am not black and had to endure racism my whole life.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2022, 04:55:24 PM »
Is Jones being hounded by the press for an apology instead of his pretzel reasons?

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2022, 06:05:37 PM »
Another one-sided post. It is not just the picture as a one off. It is the history of Jones.

I don't think you know what one-sided means.

Here's one take: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lebron-james-whataboutism-with-jerry-jones-and-kyrie-irving-completely-misses-the-mark/ar-AA14MuL4

The Robert Sarver saga is a great comparison. LBJ wasn't asked about it until he spoke up about it. A bigger question can be asked on LeBron: why has he remained silent on Jones until now?

The media talks to sports stars about things which are relevant to them. Tweet something or put out a statement, they'll ask you about it. A star in your league is involved in a controversy, they may ask about that, too. Racism happens in an unrelated sport and you haven't commented on it, why should they ask you about it?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2022, 06:11:18 PM »
The media talks to sports stars about things which are relevant to them. Tweet something or put out a statement, they'll ask you about it. A star in your league is involved in a controversy, they may ask about that, too. Racism happens in an unrelated sport and you haven't commented on it, why should they ask you about it?
Is Jones being hounded by the press for an apology instead of his pretzel reasons?
I don't think you know what one-sided means.
No I have a good idea: unfairly giving or dealing with only one side of a contentious issue or question; biased or partial:

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2022, 06:53:09 PM »
No I have a good idea: unfairly giving or dealing with only one side of a contentious issue or question; biased or partial:

Yea... where did I only deal with one side of this issue? I'm of the opinion that LBJ shouldn't have been asked about Jerry Jones, because there was no reason to do so (see my post above). You don't like my opinion, so now my posts are one-sided? You're not reading your own definition...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 06:59:07 PM by Lurker »

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2022, 07:15:07 PM »
Yea... where did I only deal with one side of this issue?
You gave the anti-LBJ side. Did I miss the pro-LBJ side you posted?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2022, 07:28:30 PM »
You gave the anti-LBJ side. Did I miss the pro-LBJ side you posted?

I'm sorry... did I miss your post on "the anti-LBJ side?" Does that make your posts one-sided? Again, you're not reading your own definition:

unfairly giving or dealing with only one side of a contentious issue or question; biased or partial:

I dealt with both sides, and concluded that I think LBJ is wrong, because

I'm not sure which side of the issue you don't think I addressed.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 07:31:42 PM by Lurker »

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2022, 07:39:12 PM »
I'm sorry... did I miss your post on "the anti-LBJ side?" Does that make your posts one-sided? Again, you're not reading your own definition:
There is no need to post what 99% of the forum is posting on these issues.  ::)

LeBron speaks out and has been asked all the time about racial injustices. I think someone even said he should shut up and dribble. To claim they should not ask him about Jones because it is not his sport is laughable.

The point he was making is go after Jones with the same energy you went after Kyrie with.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2022, 08:46:06 PM »
There is no need to post what 99% of the forum is posting on these issues.  ::)

Can you elaborate on this please? What exactly is 99% of the forum posting on these issues? Which issues are "these" issues? And how are my posts the same as other posts on this topic?

LeBron speaks out and has been asked all the time about racial injustices.

Lebron didn’t speak out this time, and since he has no relationship with anyone in this story, he wasn't asked about it.

To claim they should not ask him about Jones because it is not his sport is laughable.

Reading comp for the win again. I didn't say they shouldn't ask him about Jones. I said comparing being asked about Kyrie to not being asked about Jones isn't comparable, and therefore not a double standard.

Also, when was the last time LeBron was asked about racism in hockey or soccer?

The point he was making is go after Jones with the same energy you went after Kyrie with.

His point aside (and he may have one), using whether he gets asked a question as the barometer by which we should determine how seriously the media is taking an issue is bunk. We don't need to know his opinion on every racial issue, and he doesn't get asked about every racial issue.

That all said, if you or he would have used his connection as a former Cowboys fan as a reason to ask him about Jones and racism, I'd have a different opinion. Truth be told, I didn't even know he used to be a Cowboys fan or that he stopped because he didn't like how they handled players kneeling until I saw it in an article tonight.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2022, 09:57:21 AM »
Interesting how everyone seems to be glossing over the fact that after he says “when we do something wrong” he sort of seems to realize a mistake and backtracks and says “or or something people don’t agree with”. IMO he doesn’t have any issue with what Kyrie said/did and is trying to signal that without saying it outright.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2022, 10:05:54 AM »
Interesting how everyone seems to be glossing over the fact that after he says “when we do something wrong” he sort of seems to realize a mistake and backtracks and says “or or something people don’t agree with”. IMO he doesn’t have any issue with what Kyrie said/did and is trying to signal that without saying it outright.
His whole point was about the double standard. As I have been told before you need to zoom out.  ;)

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2022, 10:07:32 AM »
His whole point was about the double standard. As I have been told before you need to zoom out.  ;)
I’m just zooming in on a specific aspect of his statement that I haven’t noticed anyone talk about.

As far as his overall point I understand what he’s saying but I’m not sure I agree. It’s definitely not a perfect comparison but he may still have a point.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2022, 10:12:50 AM »
I’m just zooming in on a specific aspect of his statement that I haven’t noticed anyone talk about.

As far as his overall point I understand what he’s saying but I’m not sure I agree. It’s definitely not a perfect comparison but he may still have a point.
Understand the point someone is making even without agreeing is important.

LeBron condemned Kyrie for sharing “hurtful information”.

I think you are over analyzing what he said but see your point.  ;)

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2022, 10:52:46 AM »
"When I watch Kyrie talk and he says, 'I know who I am', I wanna keep the same energy when we're talking about my people and the things we've been through."

What does that mean?

The double standard is asking about one controversy (against a black man) and not asking about another controversy (against a white man). Not sure how that can be any clearer.

"I know who I am" is talking about the racism they endured. The Jones photo is part of that racism.

What does the racism Kyrie endured or endures have to do with being antisemitic?

LBJ brought antisemitism into this? I am now way confused.

Bottom line: It was fair for LBJ to be ask why he wasn't asked about the Jones photo. We are going to disagree and that sums it up.

LBJ brought up Kyrie. Kyrie was antisemitic. He quoted Kyrie saying, "I know who I am" as part of the antisemitism controversy. I'll ask again, what does that mean? What do Kyrie's experiences of racism have to do with his antisemitism?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2022, 10:59:07 AM »
LBJ brought up Kyrie. Kyrie was antisemitic. He quoted Kyrie saying, "I know who I am" as part of the antisemitism controversy. I'll ask again, what does that mean? What do Kyrie's experiences of racism have to do with his antisemitism?
You are jumping from one hoop to the next. Kyrie was used because of how he was hounded by the press. LBJ wants to know why they are not using the same energy to hound Jones. You are bringing up antisemitism when LBJ never did. LBJ condemned Kyrie post already.

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2022, 11:44:20 AM »
You are jumping from one hoop to the next. Kyrie was used because of how he was hounded by the press. LBJ wants to know why they are not using the same energy to hound Jones. You are bringing up antisemitism when LBJ never did. LBJ condemned Kyrie post already.
The problem we have with LeBron is that he is comparing different things... He should compare the Robert Sarver issue to Kyrie because those are both basketball.  Also he says that "the media" covers the story differently, but "the media" is who uncovered this story to begin with. It was discovered by the Washington Post, so his claim that African Americans are treated differently whgen they do something wrong, is not factually correct. (based on what he is bringing up, we are not discussing the issue in general)

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2022, 11:45:00 AM »

Again, what does he mean by quoting "I know who I am"?