Poll

Who did you vote for?

Hochul
3 (7.9%)
Zeldin
35 (92.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Do the chasidim plan to vote for Hochul or Zeldin?  (Read 33017 times)

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Do the chasidim plan to vote for Hochul or Zeldin?
« Reply #540 on: November 10, 2022, 05:26:05 PM »

Anti-Trump Drudge picks up the Satmar story (3rd headline from bottom)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 10, 2022, 05:57:12 PM »

Took me a bit to understand the 2 paragraphs, but in short - you will need an ID to register same-day, and if that ID doesn’t show you are a state resident, in some states you can show other forms of proof of residency like a utility bill.

But nice to see some states offer this option already, would like to see the rest to follow suit.
Visibly Jewish

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 10, 2022, 07:07:55 PM »

Anti-Trump Drudge picks up the Satmar story (3rd headline from bottom)
🤦‍♂️

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 11, 2022, 12:26:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/katlekanye/status/1590852988662599680

What causes certain tweets to appear for me like this? Is it tweets with Hebrew letters?

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #546 on: November 11, 2022, 12:57:31 AM »
What causes certain tweets to appear for me like this? Is it tweets with Hebrew letters?

Yes
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 11, 2022, 01:48:09 AM »
Mark Twain's famous conclusion of his essay "Concerning the Jews" is well known. But earlier in the essay he has an interesting perspective on Jews and their involvement in politics. Not saying I agree with him, but it's nevertheless enjoyable to read his perspective

“Can Jews do anything to improve the situation?”

I think so. If I may make a suggestion without seeming to be trying to teach my grandmother how to suck eggs, I will offer it. In our days we have learned the value of combination. We apply it everywhere — in railway systems, in trusts, in trade unions, in Salvation Armies, in minor politics, in major politics, in European Concerts. Whatever our strength may be, big or little, we organize it. We have found out that that is the only way to get the most out of it that is in it. We know the weakness of individual sticks, and the strength of the concentrated fagot.

Suppose you try a scheme like this, for instance. In England and America put every Jew on the census-book as a Jew (in case you have not been doing that). Get up volunteer regiments composed of Jews solely, and, when the drum beats, fall in and go to the front, so as to remove the reproach that you have few Massenas among you, and that you feed on a country but don’t like to fight for it*. Next, in politics, organize your strength, band together, and deliver the casting vote where you can, and, where you can’t, compel as good terms as possible.

You huddle to yourselves already in all countries, but you huddle to no sufficient purpose, politically speaking. You do not seem to be organized, except for your charities. There you are omnipotent; there you compel your due of recognition — you do not have to beg for it. It shows what you can do when you band together for a definite purpose. And then from America and England you can encourage your race in Austria, France, and Germany, and materially help it.

It was a pathetic tale that was told by a poor Jew in Galicia a fortnight ago during the riots, after he had been raided by the Christian peasantry and despoiled of everything he had. He said his vote was of no value to him, and he wished he could be excused from casting it, for, indeed, casting it was a sure damage to him, since no matter which party he voted for, the other party would come straight and take its revenge out of him.

Nine per cent of the population of the empire, these Jews, and apparently they cannot put a plank into any candidate’s platform! If you will send our Irish lads over here I think they will organize your race and change the aspect of the Reichsrath.

You seem to think that the Jews take no hand in politics here, that they are “absolutely non-participants.” I am assured by men competent to speak that this is a very large error, that the Jews are exceedingly active in politics all over the empire, but that they scatter their work and their votes among the numerous parties, and thus lose the advantages to be had by concentration. I think that in America they scatter too, but you know more about that than I do.

Speaking of concentration, Dr. Herzl has a clear insight into the value of that. Have you heard of his plan? He wishes to gather the Jews of the world together in Palestine, with a government of their own — under the suzerainty of the Sultan, I suppose. At the Convention of Berne, last year, there were delegates from everywhere, and the proposal was received with decided favor.

I am not the Sultan, and I am not objecting; but if that concentration of the cunningest brains in the world were going to be made in a free country (bar Scotland), I think it would be politic to stop it. It will not be well to let the race find out its strength. If the horses knew theirs, we should not ride any more.

*In a postscript to the essay, Twain corrects this and writes that he has inspected the record and saw that Jews have served in the army in higher numbers than Christians

Offline imayid2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 13, 2022, 12:59:47 AM »
any post election numbers broken down by neighborhood that will help understand how many votes the community had?

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 13, 2022, 02:35:44 PM »
any post election numbers broken down by neighborhood that will help understand how many votes the community had?

i found it, here:

https://projects.thecity.nyc/zeldin-hochul-election-voter-turnout-nyc/

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #551 on: November 13, 2022, 02:52:40 PM »

Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 18, 2022, 02:22:56 AM »
NY-17 Lawler/Maloney race. R Moshe Margraten in an open interview talking about this heated race, why Maloney was a good friend and the need to reelect a friend in a powerful position rather than voting in a freshman.

Also shines light on the new phenomena of Republican vocal "Askanim" who were paid lots of money in this campaign.

PDF in Yiddish.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DIHytz6vmWRoU0LC4I90tpJVEACNXn3J/view

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 18, 2022, 10:14:00 AM »
NY-17 Lawler/Maloney race. R Moshe Margraten in an open interview talking about this heated race, why Maloney was a good friend and the need to reelect a friend in a powerful position rather than voting in a freshman.

Also shines light on the new phenomena of Republican vocal "Askanim" who were paid lots of money in this campaign.

PDF in Yiddish.

He is entitled to his opinion but spreading lies about endorsements that never happened is a disgrace

Talking about money don't look any further than Ezra Friedlander

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 18, 2022, 12:25:30 PM »

PDF in Yiddish.

Um, the "freshman" will be a lot more powerful than Maloney with the Republicans controlling the house.

Offline WonderingYid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 18, 2022, 12:57:19 PM »
Talking about money don't look any further than Ezra Friedlander

You're confusing official lobbyists with so called Askanim. R Moshe Margraten delivered incredible things, he's not a talk show guy either.

Um, the "freshman" will be a lot more powerful than Maloney with the Republicans controlling the house.

Perhaps try to read what he explains? He constantly used Maloney for the connections to the State department and Justice department where he was a household name. A freshman even from the majority party can't achieve that overnight.